Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/qxutqWt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

A puppet!! :buddy:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

repiv posted:

my dog is normal

very normal way to lie down

Yes, neck normal to spine

Pookah posted:

Henry says HAI EVERYONE

Hi Henry!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

repiv posted:

my dog is normal

very normal way to lie down

How can that possibly be comfortable? :psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s not a puppet, that’s a real owlbear, they live in Canada.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

That’s not a puppet, that’s a real owlbear, they live in Canada.

An owlbear!! :buddy:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Hoot Growl!

They creators's webpage which has more!

https://henchandscrap.com/

Humbug Scoolbus has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Apr 22, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/QKa9GXL.mp4
Bonus sound if you unmute

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The actual internal dialog: "Heh heh. *bat* *bat* Heh heh."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/3dYWCQ7.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Half life sounds make every animal video better

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

God I love half life cats

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Pallascats114/status/1782567821182226618

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIHUtQjcbA

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

this could be any cat

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Right down to the “unlock Moulinex bloodletting” mode

It’s a good day to die

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Meanwhile on bunny island:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RR7yKWa5lI

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mystery solved

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I saw a wild bunny in the neighborhood this morning, very cute.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I got to see my dog Waffles's grandpuppies this weekend and they're already so big, I can't handle how quickly puppies grow.

Wonton:

Mlinci:

Lil Ziti, who will probably be named Ruby:

Playing with mom:

Snoozin:

Wonton climbing on grandma Waffles (who was very uncertain about her grandpuppies):

And a wobbly puppy run:
https://i.imgur.com/id7ZqBg.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
omg what sweet fluffy friends

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Dog moms know the smell of their own puppies, right? So I wonder if their grandpuppies smell something like their mother to their mother's mother.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

IMJack posted:

Dog moms know the smell of their own puppies, right? So I wonder if their grandpuppies smell something like their mother to their mother's mother.

It's entirely possible, the puppies were super interested in Waffles, but that could also be because she was a new dog they didn't know. Waffles was much more uncertain about them, which was a little disappointing (she absolutely adored her puppies in both the litters she's had) but it's not super surprising based on my experience with these dogs and this breed, it seems like the dogs that have had litters tend to be really cautious around puppies that aren't theirs, especially if mom is around. I assume they know that mom might decide it's not okay for other dogs to be around the puppies and react negatively, though thankfully that was never really a risk here.

Funny story relating to that, for Waffles's last litter, my wife and I whelped the puppies at our house, so we had the whelping pen kind of right in the middle of the house. We have two other dogs, that are the same breed as Waffles, but only kind of distantly related. Our dog Badger had four litters of puppies in the past, and while she didn't dote over her puppies as much as Waffles does she was a really good mom and was always very attentive and concerned about her puppies. When Waffles had the litter, Badger initially didn't show much curiosity about the puppies... except when one of us took Waffles outside for a bit. The moment the door to outside closed, Badger made a beeline to the whelping box to check out the puppies and was furiously sniffing and looking at them, until she heard the door open again, at which point she trotted to the other side of the room and pretended she didn't know there were puppies at all.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

MockingQuantum posted:

Funny story relating to that, for Waffles's last litter, my wife and I whelped the puppies at our house, so we had the whelping pen kind of right in the middle of the house. We have two other dogs, that are the same breed as Waffles, but only kind of distantly related. Our dog Badger had four litters of puppies in the past, and while she didn't dote over her puppies as much as Waffles does she was a really good mom and was always very attentive and concerned about her puppies. When Waffles had the litter, Badger initially didn't show much curiosity about the puppies... except when one of us took Waffles outside for a bit. The moment the door to outside closed, Badger made a beeline to the whelping box to check out the puppies and was furiously sniffing and looking at them, until she heard the door open again, at which point she trotted to the other side of the room and pretended she didn't know there were puppies at all.

That so polite :kimchi:
She was dying to check up on those puppies and make sure they were fine, but didn't want to risk stepping on Waffles' toes.
Dogs really are wonderful.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I will kill for wonton

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Mlinci looks like they've seen some things :ohdear:.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mlinci looks like they've seen some things :ohdear:.

Lol, the pups with blue eyes always look like that around this age, eventually you associate "the look" with puppies and it becomes extremely endearing

Pookah posted:

That so polite :kimchi:
She was dying to check up on those puppies and make sure they were fine, but didn't want to risk stepping on Waffles' toes.
Dogs really are wonderful.

It's so true, Badger was so sweet about those puppies. So she's really not great about thunderstorms, and gets pretty stressed whenever they happen. We had a couple of loud-ish thunderstorms when the puppies were still pretty small, and Badger got stressed, but rather than hiding or clinging to one of us like she usually does, she stood guard outside the whelping box for most of the storm:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Oh another cute story about how sweet dogs can be to each other, mostly because my partner found these pics while looking for that last one of Badger: our other dog Pabu (who is Badger's son) is very close with Waffles. With this last litter, when Waffles was in early labor she was getting stressed and wouldn't stay in the whelping box, and kept climbing out to pace around the little area between the whelping box and an X-pen we set up. The breeder was a little worried about her getting stressed enough that it would delay the labor. Pabu was also concerned, and kept coming up to the x-pen and hooting. So the breeder had us let him into the X-pen just to see how Waffles would react, and she ended up settling down almost immediately. We called him "doula Pabu" for the rest of the day.

He was very proud of his little "nephews" too:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Must protect small ones from sky noise

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/sasami06854503/status/1782755446086066451

so fierce

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Whoa. Smoke coat mane coon.
https://www.instagram.com/richie_the_mainecoon_/

https://i.imgur.com/N1aLhPK.mp4

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Drizzt Do'Purrden :3:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Pookah posted:

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Dura-whelp perfectly sums up my work situation the past few months.

Pookah posted:

:perfect:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is the ideal cat. All other cats should strive for this level of magnificence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Okay, very funny; Now take the fuzzy suit off the black cat. :colbert:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

MockingQuantum posted:

Lol, the pups with blue eyes always look like that around this age, eventually you associate "the look" with puppies and it becomes extremely endearing

It's so true, Badger was so sweet about those puppies. So she's really not great about thunderstorms, and gets pretty stressed whenever they happen. We had a couple of loud-ish thunderstorms when the puppies were still pretty small, and Badger got stressed, but rather than hiding or clinging to one of us like she usually does, she stood guard outside the whelping box for most of the storm:

Oh my, she braved the horrors of the sky booms so that the puppies would be safe? :kimchi:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Not cool cat, but you're so cute we're gonna let you have one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

For real though that is a beautiful cat, almost as pretty as my mongrel dumpster cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
That's clearly Momo from Avatar: The Last Airbender