Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'll just leave this cute-bomb here and make a sprint for the door

http://i.imgur.com/K3ZRTDp.webm

Is that a Lykoi kitten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snacks looks like she needs more love.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wiggly dog is so excited :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Funzo posted:

Finally uploaded some pictures of our new kitten. We're fostering her for now, until she goes in to get spayed, but we're adopting her after that. Sorry for the crap quality, it was with my phone in bad light.

My wife wants to name her Woof, for reasons I don't really understand. I was holding out for Purrmione Grainger, but the kids have decided her name is Jellybean, so it will most likely stay Jellybean.
Our 1 1/2 year old Pibble wants to play with her SO BADLY OMG YOU GUYS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, but she gets over excited and freaks the kitten out.
Oh she is adorable. You're right though, that cat's name is Jellybean.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

More Beans please.

Also more cats in costumes, please and thank you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Antioch posted:

More Beans you say? I can deliver.

Beans spends most of his time on the couch or my spot on the bed. This is the look I get when I tell him to scram.

He's got a collection of ties, bowties, and other accouterments.

And this is the look I get when I say 'walk'

Here he is the day we took him home, at about 5 months old. He'd been found with his mother and brother, after having been hit by a car. He had a couple surgeries due to that - his internal organs had been squished and he had a herniated diaphragm. They didn't think he was going to make it but the little guy pulled through and you wouldn't even know he'd been hurt.
Those little spots on his arms are where he got his name - a little girl at the rescue wanted to call him 'Jellybeans' - we shortened it.

He was scared at the adoption event - it was only his second or third time being out after his surgery, so he was hiding under a chair, under the lady that was fostering him. We came by to see a different dog, but Beans came right over and flopped down next to me and gave me this look:

I still get this look when he gets belly rubs.

And the rest is history - he came home with us that day. The 'stay off the couch' rule lasted about 8 minutes. The 'stay off the bed' rule lasted almost 2 weeks. Now he sleeps at the foot of the bed between my wife and I, lazes on the couch to watch TV with us, and gets (mostly) daily runs at the dog park.

He's a good buddy, I like him.

This is a good dog story about a good dog :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I didn't even realize that civets could be so cute... and to think, people drink coffee those little guys have pooped out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ham pile :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cross quoting because this is adorable

holocaust bloopers posted:

"Yea see these pads? They need to be replaced. We can do that, but it'll cost ya."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cythereal posted:

PI seems to agree.

Also if you can find a Greyhound rescue that's one of the nicest things you can do for a dog.

I disagree with your opinion but PUPPIES! :neckbeard:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

nerdz posted:

Cat Long

That's a good cat blob.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CJacobs posted:

Today I'm

I neither understand why or how they do that, but it's adorable none the same :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Anybody know what kind of squirrel that is? It's got some crazy ear game there.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

nerdz posted:

How is that possible? My cat weighs 12 pounds and looks like a huge fatass. This one looks very lean. Gonna need some more perspective here.

Some cats is big, some cats is smol. Love all cats.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is his shelf :colbert:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Deer

https://vine.co/v/5WBzAd0nqbz

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's no way this is real.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

:neckbeard:

ro5s posted:

Please put me down this is quite undignified.

http://i.imgur.com/vbAJFLd.mp4

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

nerdz posted:

how is this cat possible

Lookit dem cheeeeeks

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cythereal posted:

Not so long ago, as these things go, that was a wolf.

I think they made a good deal, honestly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Esmerelda posted:

Kitten status: still smaller than the dog's head.

Oh look at those toe beans! :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

shipwrek posted:

I had a cat named Teddy back as a kid and he was fascinated with ears. He would start like the above furball but would eventually jam his entire tongue as deep into your ear canal as possible. It was dangerous napping on the couch back then.

Now I miss Teddy. He was a stray that adopted my family so we could have the opportunity to feed him for 4 years, and one day he never came home. I like to think he had passed his ear licking joy onto some other family.

He wanted your delicious (to cats) earwax.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kitten and puppy sleepy friends :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drrockso20 posted:

more strips involving fluffy Velociraptors from Manly Guys Doing Manly Things;

especially love how the author partially models their behaviors after her own pet Pigeons

Colorful feathered dinosaurs is my favorite interpretation :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MisterFuzzles posted:

Everyone loves catbutte right? I've posted about Ceviche months ago. I have had this 14 year old grumpy fuzzbutt for a little over half a year now. He never showed any interest in catnip. Until last night.

While in our living room chatting with my room mate I looked down and saw this

Apparently sometime earlier my roommate had tossed a catnip toy/bag thing in there for our other cat. My cat has seen this toy and showed 0 interest in it before. I was not able to get a picture since he since backed his butt out after but when my roommate checked the other end he apparently had the toy clutched to his chest like a precious treasure. He proceeded to just lick the thing for 15 minutes straight.

Old cats are the craziest and best.

Edit - Non-butt shot for reference.

Is this cat named after the food or the Samurai Pizza Cat?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

People do keep skunks as pets, and it's apparently easy enough to have a vet remove their scent glands to stop marking (although that's illegal in the UK). Their temperament is a cross between a ferret and cat's, apparently.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yo this cat is super excited about something.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah we haven't even bothered to try and actually domesticate spiders, snakes, and most reptiles that are kept as pets. About the only exception to that is silkworms, and those are less pets and more production insects. If people really wanted to, a large enough controlled breeding program can turn just about any wild mammal into an obedient cuddly pet, as a Russian scientist proved back in the late 50's by domesticating silver foxes, although that program isn't quite finished yet (but they've made remarkable progress in a mere 60 years as opposed to the hundreds or even thousands it took early man to turn wolves into dogs).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

neonnoodle posted:

Yeah, and as a result hedgehogs are heavily trafficked animals. I get the fact that certain animals are already in circulation, being bred privately in good conditions, or are the result of many generations of semi-domestication. But I agree with the legal approach here, because skunks are native to this area and the demand for them as pets could have a really bad impact on the wild population. Adding new species to the ranks of potential pets is usually more harmful than not.

To be fair, considering what we did with cats (nature's most adorable killing machines) we probably shouldn't actually make more animals into pets.

Here's a video of one poking at a mirror

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cythereal posted:

There have been studies noting that cats honestly aren't domesticated compared to most animals we consider that way - your typical house cat is much closer to an Africa wildcat than a dog is to a wolf or a cow to an auroch. Those animals, we specifically bred to be docile, obedient, and generally less dangerous. Cats just showed up when humans started farming because fields and granaries attracted lots of pests which the cats saw as easy meals of their own with ready access to shelter, and cats haven't changed much since. Cats go feral and turn into murderous little predators easily and only a few breeds like persians and ragdolls can be considered truly domesticated.

I was more referring to the fact everywhere we go cats follow and kind of destroy everything, for fun.

To be fair, it's cute.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ytlaya posted:

So one of the baby rabbits in this underground nest right in front of my house left the nest and then got scared and couldn't find his way back (even though it's literally 2 feet away), so I took a picture of him before his mom (hopefully) returned that evening and brought him back to their nest. The picture does not properly capture how cute he looks.

Poor thing was literally scared stiff and stayed in the exact same position for hours. When I get home I'll check and see if he returned to his nest.

Stay strong little bun :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FutonForensic posted:

So are the alpacas!

Alpaca are so goofy looking.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love floof kittens at play :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's no way this cat is real.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

thetechnoloser posted:

This is my bullet-resistant tacti-kitten, Cosima.

Or, in military nomenclature: Level IIIa feline, juvenile, multicolored, 1ea.

Where do I put in a requisition for one of those :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Chinchillas are the ones you never, ever, give a bath to because their fur is so dense it can't dry properly on its own.

Don't they do that adorable thing were they roll around in fine dry sand instead?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Perestroika posted:

Monty Python presents: Annoy The Cat

http://i.imgur.com/fK7NYeN.mp4

That cat is clearly used to this treatment by now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

muscles like this? posted:

That just seems like a bad idea.

mad.radhu posted:

someone trained their cats to drive them actually irl insane

On the bright side, whoever is doing that is committed to the training, you'll notice that the left cat misses the button a few times and doesn't get a treat for it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I have never seen two dogs so excited to go swimming before :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Pallas cats never let that stop them.

Yes but Pallas cats are really angry, all the time.

Also apparently you'd be more concerned with the other, larger, cats that live in the Pantanal region, Jaguars.