Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I remember reading about a study where scientists just set up hamster wheels in the woods with cameras watching them. Turns out even wild rodents love them. The number two most common users: leopard slugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

joe football posted:

Definitely cute, but based on the garbled text everywhere probably belongs in the AI thread

Took me a sec to notice, but yep

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pookah posted:

Yeah, that looks like a kitty that decided to roll around in soot.

I think it's edited, but that's what it's meant to look like

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Implies the existence of blues and gospel hyraxes.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The shot of him cuddling with his sock. :kimchi:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love when he yawns and mom is like "ok I'll clean your teeth too." Lol

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Philippe posted:

Oh yes a giant dog!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

my cat is norris posted:

WHAT IS HIS NAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Deathfang Raven Feeder

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Is JayJay making biscuits while living his own junk? Living the good life.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rust Martialis posted:

There's uh, a deadline on the junk next week so I hope he enjoys it for now

:lol: he's gonna get tutored :haw:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BaronVonVaderham posted:

The scientific term is "splooting" :science:

Incorrect. Sploot is a regionalism. Frogging is academic jargon.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ariong posted:

What the gently caress?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

St_Ides posted:

That's how my dogs get their symparica. It's a special treat. They have to sit and it's the reward. They give me looks after like "I'm not sure that was worth it" but they do it every month.

We used to dip the pills in barbecue sauce.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love this omg. Anyone who hasn't seen the True Facts about the slime mold video should give it a watch. They're amazing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

i own every Bionicle posted:

Newton has gained enough confidence to understand the yard is his, and bark at suspicious intruders. But, his warning woofs sound like a steam locomotive starting up.

https://i.imgur.com/kWUears.mp4

I call this grumbling. :3:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PainterofCrap posted:

Xylophone girls won't you come out tonight,
Come out tonight, come out tonight

Xylophone girls won't you come out tonight
and
peck by the light of the moooooooon

:banjo:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oxxidation posted:

i never really appreciated how loud tiny birds can be until a mockingbird chose to take up residence outside my bedroom window one year

Yeppppp. Had one once that I'm pretty sure was imitating my alarm clock. That, or it's how my still-dreaming brain interpreted its noises.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

What is he?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

drrockso20 posted:

A Frogfish from my recollection

Thank you.

I understood that he was a potential new species but figured he probably wasn't, like, a completely new category of fish.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I know the whole 'personality doesn't REALLY correlate to fur color' thing blah blah but nobody can convince me that black cats aren't just as collectively dumb as oranges, but oranges are dumb in a "i can't figure this out and it annoys me :mad:" kind of way where black ones are more "hello, my head is empty, love me".

Years ago, my roommate's black cat would sit on my lap while I played computer games. If I stopped petting him, he'd whap keys.

He'd also open my desk drawers, take stuff out, and leave it in my roommate's purse.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Is this lady really not familiar with the concept of predators defending territory?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

MockingQuantum posted:

Dogs do this too, I've heard it just called "splitting" but I don't know if that's a technical term. When my dog Badger was a puppy, we took her to a puppy socialization class with 8 or so other puppies all around 8 weeks old, where the teacher brought her like 3-4 year old border collie as a babysitter. It was always fascinating to watch, because the collie would just lay on the periphery of the play area and watch the puppies, and seemed to know exactly when a little wrestling match or snarly tiff got a little too rough, because she'd just pop and gently split the puppies until they got distracted with something else.

All dogs are good, but well-trained and socialized border collies with jobs are spooky.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Nice peace of rear end

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

wash bucket posted:

I'm confused as to why it works at all.

I think it's less tricking her than protecting the hand if she decides it's not kitten taking time. Or maybe there's something about a grasping hand that causes an instinctual response, possibly through resemblance to closing jaws.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I wish to squeeze them.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love the part where pup is getting wagged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Presumably if it were uncomfortable, he'd move.