Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Canada geese are not cool or cute, they are winged assholes who understand that humans are not allowed to kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I find this oddly cute.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If Butterscotch loses enough weight, will he still be named Butterscotch? Or simply Scotch?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Perestroika posted:

Here's a shelter dog psyched out about being adopted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdcL0QFLDek :unsmith:

How does the dog know it's being adopted? Surely he's been taken out of the cage regularly. Is it realizing that Pink String = Leaving?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Cute stories count, right?

When it started, I showed some of the Power Rangers marathon going on to the kids I worked with. Mostly because they were agog at the notion that Power Rangers, a thing they know, was around when I was a kid.

I've created a bunch of little monsters over this. They keep asking me to put "Your Power Rangers" (as opposed to Our Power Rangers) when they have free time alloted. They ask me if they can watch it during my break. They are having intense debates on which, if any, of the MMPR Rangers could beat up Rangers they know. I have a specific little boy (who is, like, 5) who has fallen painfully in love with 90s Amy Jo Johnson, to the point where he kinda hides when she's on screen because he's trying wrap his head around this level of crush.

And now that the marathon is close to being post-MMPR, I'm getting questions like "is the next Power Rangers your Power Rangers?" and "When is it going to be our Power Rangers?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Comptroll The Forums posted:

You tell him that Amy Jo Johnson is 6-year-old me's girlfriend and he can't have her. :colbert:

I would rather not lie to a child, as six-year-old me clearly is dating her.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Dog learns the weak point of its mortal enemy.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Don't Kangaroos do that gripping thing as part of their fighting? Less hugging and more this-is-going-to-end-less-than-cutely?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Not my dog, but a dog mentioned on a Star Trek podcast because he was named after Picard.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

Important time sensitive event: there are BEARS AT THE CAM

I'm the one on the far left, lazily sitting in the river.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Phyrexian Obliterator approves.

I have to ask, did you have her before the second Mirrodin block ended with the Phyrexians winning? Because naming it after a higher up in the Machine Orthodoxy would've been awesome. Or the old school Phyrexian Slayer, or that other card that's a white Phyrexian that I can't remember.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure my dog allergies kicked in watching this, but it's strangely cute as hell.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I remember a post here explaining that if you let your average bunch of pigs go feral, you'd be surprised how quickly they look nothing like they did before.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A very cute dog understands the notion of passive resistance.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bit of schadencute for this one: this cat really hates chris

quote:

I was cat sitting for my neighbor when Chris (cat owner and cat lover) came by and the cat decides she really did not like Chris. After she had harassed Chris from my apartment she then proceeded to try to get me out too. She kinda turned into a scary demon cat. I could not sleep in my apartment that night because, just like in the scary movies, the cat was hissing and crying and pawing under the living room door (where I locked her with her food and litter tray) trying to get at me...

You might notice in the video Chris flicks some drops of water on the cat. This was an attempt to get the cat to back off after about 10 minutes of psycho behavior that was becoming less and less funny as each minute went by.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Oct 29, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Is this a dog's "must tamp down the area I'm going to sleep on" instinct just on overdrive?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Bert Roberge posted:

Goats near that dam in Italy's Gran Paradiso National Park do that so they can lick salt off rocks.

I can't remember where, but I remember reading a bunch of urban legend/joke-book-for-kids-too-young-to-realize-they-are-jokes-thing, and one of the articles was about the Dahu, a goat species so adjusted to life on a mountain that one side of their legs was shorter.

This reminds me of that :)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Man has some trouble working at home, thanks to his dog.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY1LA_8MOjI&t=19s

If the link doesn't work, start at 19 seconds to avoid an obnoxiously long intro.

(forgive me if cute turns to I have to turn this off really quickly.)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
More uplifting that he's found someone to help him, but I think it counts - someone is rehabilitating the dog verson of Butterscotch.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not my vid, but this kid thinking a sloppy joe is poop and having serious issues coming to terms with the fact that it's not is cute. Sorry for the FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/KidsAreJustTheCutest/videos/1709050172525265/

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

gleebster posted:

Is it just my impression, or is that chimp still really young? I mean, they didn't raise it very far, did they?

Iirc, they raised him for a short time, and then sent it to a proper chimp reservation thing (can't recall the term) when they realized owning a baby chimp wasn't right.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Phyrexian Obliterator still obliterating things.

He only obliterates things if damage is done to him.

what in Yawgmoth's name are you doing to him

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've stumbled onto a bit of a Popular Youtuber hole on youtube, and I think watching Jenna Marbles trying to teach her ten-year-old dog how to Sit on something other than something soft qualifies as cute.

Little dude tries so hard.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/enginemin05/status/1116039516668796931

Hope this works.

E: ok why did both of them show up? Both cute, so whatever, but why

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

This worries me. Like, does the cat know that the dog is playing? It would suck for the cat to be subjected to such stress :(

For some content - not very good, I'll concede, I'm not good at photography - here's some dogs I met at a party last night. Dogs I was able to interact with without my allergies / asthma kicking in, which holy cats that's never happened before!

This is Biggie. Biggie was outside during the party because he wasn't feeling too well and kept throwing up. He humped my leg at one point, which I am told is his way of testing new people. Supposedly I passed the test by calmly saying "Biggie, please don't hump my leg" and not freaking out.

This is Reese, a mastiff (the owner told me what kind, but I was a little drunk at the moment so I can't remember). She is both huge and has the zoomies all the time, making it hard to get a decent shot. She really likes giving Paw; and shes so big and heavy that Paw also means "my nails might dig into your human flesh and make little dimple marks". Supposedly Paw is her way of being submissive. I dunno.

Not pictured: their pet bearded dragon jumping on me. There's a picture of the thing on me (thing was big!), nice and content, with me trying desperately to make it through without screaming "THERE IS A GIANT LIZARD ON ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" that my partner thinks was cute.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Whatev posted:

MrBibs must be a kind-hearted dog knower because knowers of cats will see that kitten's unmistakable joy

I've been allergic to both since I was a kid, so it's not like I've had a ton of animal socialization.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Meet Jack. Jack is a happy dog. Was originally like 200 lbs because his previous owner over fed him, hes down to like 175, which I'm told is close to his ideal by his existing owner.

(sorry if this is huge, directly from my phone)

The only thing not cute about our interaction (and I'm not sure if spoikerblocking is appropriate since scope/scale it's not big) is that Jack got so nervous about meeting a bunch of new people that he got a little urpy. Otherwise, very good dog.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this would even count without a picture, but I met this lovely black lab yesterday named Hunter that was so cute. Hunter discovered at the bar we were at that he loved olives, and kept making a beeline for the little plastic thing that stores all the olives/lemons/limes/whatevers, sitting near it and looking up at it (and the bartender) after having one.

After a few minutes of realizing that didn't work - his owner said he can't have too many because it's not good for dogs to have a lot of high-salt stuff, supposedly), Hunter decided to force the issue - specifically, deciding to lay down in front of the dispenser thing and waging his long tail so that everyone within a Hunter-shaped distance of the dispenser who needed to get an olive/lemon/lime would have to experience a very eager black lab that would very much all of the olives please and thank you.

I became Hunter's Best Person because I might've ordered an olive burger, and hey, a few bits of chopped-up olives might've fallen off the burger. Purely coincidence.

:3:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Jun 12, 2019

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A friend of mine got a pig for her 1-year anniversary.

Name is still TBD but supposedly the finalists are Eli, Torque, Turbo and Lugnut.

e: are these too big? They aren't breaking tables on my end...

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jul 8, 2019

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found this cute, skip to around 1:25 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEv-ZoUfcNg

Context: Poor Reuben is terrified of his own farts :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwQ2kI6Rqmg

Everyone check out this illegally small kitten!