Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Big Slick posted:

Live stream kitten goodness!

Forgot to post a little backstory. This is from their livestream:

Skye is a pregnant feral cat who recently showed up at our feeding station. When we noticed she was nearly blind, we had no choice but to bring her in to save her life and give her babies a chance. She has been receiving three eye treatments a day to try to prevent further loss of vision, and has shocked us with how quickly she has been able to be socialized. On April 19th, Skye ran into trouble again, and was rushed to Mountain View Vet Hospital for an emergency c-section. All four babies were saved, and mama Skye is doing great. Savina is a feral cat we discovered was pregnant when we trapped her hoping to get her spayed. We are fostering her so she has a safe place to have her babies, because this was the ONLY option to give her babies a chance and make sure mom and babies are all spayed/neutered. Savina gave birth to four healthy kittens on April 11th, and has become a wonderful first time (and last time) mom. Mom and babies will all be spayed/neutered when the time is right.

Here is Skye

And here's the livestream

http://livestream.com/tinykittens/savina

What a beautiful cat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RaspberryCommie posted:

That's a lovebird, so the picture isn't showing the three missing fingers that the bird took to get that shot.

They're lovely birbs, but they're a bit bitey.

Why do you think there are only two fingers in the picture :parrot:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gray one's like "gently caress you got mine"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From wikipedia:

Shore Clingfish article posted:

Its length is up to 65 mm. L. lepadogaster is also classified as a cryptobenthic fish. Cryptobenthic simply means that the fish is both behaviorally and visually cryptic.[2] The term is also used mainly to describe adult fish of a certain size, roughly around 5cm in length.[3]

What a shifty character that Lumpsucker is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For those that don't know what that creature is, it's a Fennec Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGcjkxRpDk

They are crazy frickin' fast and never ever slow down ever

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Did they just poke that chicken in the grundle

edit: Oh the chicken is upside down, okay then

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PerilPastry posted:

Every day a thousand ducks are released into a South African vineyard to gorge themselves on delicious snails and bugs. They basically walk upright like penguins to fit between the vines :3

https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/quack-squad-on-the-hunt

PSA: If you aren't thinking about clicking on this amazing link, perhaps this webm will change your mind

http://puu.sh/pmqZh/96b3af819b.webm

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If that webm autoplays with sound on whatever device you are browsing on, I apologize, it did not do that for me and every piece of technology handles webms differently

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BattleMaster posted:

Good, some evidence that I wasn't the one who took them.

Took them, maybe not, but there's still no evidence of who might have been the one to release them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/kozue_photo/status/741804997101293568

LOOK AT THESE CUDDLY SLEEPY OTTERS. THANKS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will never stop enjoying the fact that baby capybaras just look like adult capybaras but sized down slightly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Today I'm

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Knorth posted:

I wanna scratch it's ears :3:

Considering the ear:cat ratio it'd be pretty hard to scratch any other part of it!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That's the Sky Fieri birb filming an episode of Diners Fly-ins and Dives.

:eyepop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This cat looks ill

edit: But what is it actually? Looks like a wombat?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cash crab posted:

https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatPandaConspiracy/videos/1017792888300485/

Sorry for the Facebook link, but I promise you this video is life-changing. I was having such a bad day. It's pandas. They're awful.

I love this video, pandas are such assholes :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Empirical evidence that anything is possible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Baby animals playing around with human child toys will always be the cutest thing in the world

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I am having one of those weeks. Please post incredibly calm, serene animals. I offer the viscacha from my avatar as tribute:

feel better friend

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Busket Posket posted:

Formes of Birde

Solid Bird and Liquid Bird

edit:

i play too many video games

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Jul 5, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I have to do this. Every time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BattleMaster posted:

Someone in Brazil found a capybara that had moved in to their house

Sounds to me like someone in Brazil just got evicted by their new unexpected housemate, actually. It's his house now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Obligatory Toast posted:

A lot of cats don't get bothered by that if they're accustomed to being pet in general. In fact, most cats I know love a good butt thumping and good firm scritches between the shoulder blades.

My dad's old cat refuses to acknowledge your existence unless you basically go for a boxing round with its rear end first. You really gotta slap that cat butt or else you aren't getting any affection in return. Cats are weird, yo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean, I meant the top part of the butt where the tail is and not the actual butt but yeah pretty much

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is the most precious little snake I've ever seen in my entire life

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Foxhound posted:

http://i.imgur.com/yfZ4vpl.gifv

Hell yeah screw your vegetables.

Please don't post gore here, this is simply too brutal

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hognose snakes make good pets because they are comically harmless. They are venomous, a little bit, but their venom does absolutely nothing to humans. Even then, they're the kind of snake that has the fangs at the back of the mouth instead of in front, so any part of a human is probably too big for it to even get its mouth around.

Since they are so tiny, a hognose snake's main form of defense when it's frightened is not to bite you as per most snakes, but to flop over on its back and play dead until you go away. However, they are also not incredibly smart, so if a hognose snake is playing dead and you flip it back over, it'll go right back to being on its back and continue playing dead as if it thinks you didn't see it just blow its own cover. They're pretty great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No crashes on chrome here. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like the one at the top that's not even touching the food, it's just licking the air

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My grandma just told me a terrible pet story that nobody should ever tell someone because she has no social skills, please post cute kittens

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Has this been made into a Pokemon yet?

No but I found this fan made one that looks kinda real if that's any consolation

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The way I cope with beloved pets dying is by considering that, instead of the animal being dead in your lifetime, you were alive for its entire lifetime. So if your pet rat dies and you're bummed about it, try thinking about it from the perspective that you were its best buddy for its whole life, and that might make you feel better.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yess, Khajit has many wares for you, if you have coin.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I want to go for a walk with the big turtle

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
cat: *hacker voice* I'm in.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I want to pet the pup.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
http://i.imgur.com/WRB8zfR.webm

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot ahhhhhh

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Jul 19, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wanna pet that bird!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

My dog does this too, if you are petting her and you stop you'd better be ready to withstand 30 solid seconds of doggie pouty eyes before she forgets what she's doing and runs off to do something else.