Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kwyndig posted:

Don't they do that adorable thing were they roll around in fine dry sand instead?

yea

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGWP3MxdI4&t=29s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/chesterzoo/status/778238029291020289

Otter babies are the cutest creature that exists on this Earth

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love ferrets. They're like dogs, but in the body of a weasel.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's like a real life ctrl+C ctrl+V

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Capys always have that half-lidded, contemplative expression going on. I think that contributes to why they look so chill all the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Adorabarrel

edit: Capybarrel

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kruller posted:

I do not watch sports, and certainly not baseball, but this is pretty nice for all the right reasons.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/780551767503228929

For those that don't follow baseball, the Marlins lost a team member to a boating accident the other day (Jose Fernandez). In that video, Gordon is hitting the opening pitch for his team's half of the first inning; he's a lefty, but he swung right-handed to pay tribute to Fernandez. And naturally, it was a home run.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Elias_Maluco posted:

Pantanal Cat

This looks like the most adorable thing you could possibly be torn to pieces by in the jungle.

edit: I was wrong. They eat guinea pigs, not people.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Jaguars are just friends you haven't met yet! :)

edit: friends you haven't met yet that want to eat your jugular, i mean

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:eyepop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"I play with noodle dog ??? Dog noodle want to play with big dog?? Where'd noodle go??"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Stop moving it you monster :byodood:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Esplanade posted:

Scarface remake looking good.

Who's a good little friend? You are, yes you are!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

neonnoodle posted:

I need that Mister Blobby. Do you understand? NEED.

https://www.firebox.com/Stuffed-Blobfish/p6622?mkt=en-us

Found the exact source of that pic. In addition to the one in the pic, there is also another kind on that shop that is the size of a sofa cushion

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
We've found it. The nutsackiest animal. Sphynx cats have nothing on that cute little guy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What is the evolutionary purpose of the toucan's beak? Is cuteness a evolutionary factor?

"I want to eat this food, but it's soooo far away... If only my beak was like 2 feet longer, that'd own". Repeat for hundreds of generations of toucans.

edit: At least, that's what I assume as a person who knows nothing about birds, evolution, or toucans.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a shiny kiwi, actually.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Okay, it's not actually called that, but it is one of only three white kiwis that we know about so it may as well be.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A rolling seal gathers no moss.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cognitive dissonance: the state of having inconsistent thoughts, believes or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude changes; such as wanting to eat a delicious lemon even though it hurts you to sniff

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you are doing the Get A Puppy For A New Kid thing, to be brutally honest the prime time to do it is when the kid is 8-ish. When it's time for the dog to pass into the great hereafter, they'll be old enough and mature enough to come to terms with it, but also not too old that they'll have moved out/etc and will have spent as much time with the doggy as possible. Source: Me and my sister and my first dog, who I loved very much!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would assume that for the bird it feels something like scratching the flat part of your fingernail with another fingernail (try it!). I'd guess it's just like that: It feels, but it doesn't really feel like anything. Toucan beaks (and some other bird beaks) are made of the same stuff as the base of your fingernails.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snails are so strange to me, because every time I see one I automatically picture the base of the head as its face and the wiggly stalks are antennae. But it's not its face, it has no eyes there, because the eyeballs are at the end of the wiggly stalks. It messes with my head every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Google says Thai so you appear to be on the money. However, if you asked me and I did not have Google I would say it is the language those Pokemon that are shaped like letters speak.