Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MooCowlian posted:

Not everyone likes snakes, so I shall just link it, but here is a picture of the silliest little snake.

Eeee oh my gosh look at its huge eyes!! :D

Here's a protective mama cat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

Man part of me would love to own a snake someday, but it would have to be one of the ones you can just feed bugs to, cause I would not be able to handle those frozen mice you feed the larger kinds, have a mild phobia of dead animals that aren't fish or have already been processed into food

Some garter snakes can be fed fish if that helps! I was squicked out by the frozen food at first too but it got easier after the first coupla times because they're just so darn excited for it :3:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

One of my friends came home to what she termed a 'rat-donut' snoozing in the cage.

My first rat did that too! :3:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

That malinois looks kind of skinny... :( you can see its hip bones in the second image.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a life less posted:

Already been said, but dog looks like the picture of good health. Malinois are naturally lithe dogs, and in most breeds it's ideal to be able to see some ribs. :3:

Ahh, alright! I wasn't sure because thought process is "not a greyhound, can see ribs? Clearly -"

Speaking of greyhounds:

good snoots.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

HPLovecraft posted:

One of the dogs at the shelter just had puppies!

Her name is Penelope and she's about a year old Pitbull. When she came in she was very very pregnant. We thought she was due any minute but she just got bigger and bigger.

This is her a week ago:

And this is her a couple days after giving birth. She's so exhausted she's falling asleep while her head is up. She's a good momma.

Those speckly eaaaarrrss :3:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I've been to pulse before.

I could really use some baby animals right now.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks much thread <3

To contribute, baby hyenas:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Today i was visited by one of Literally A Bird's baby cousins.
I snuck in and got my camera and took this while his parents were shopping for more worms to stuff his face with:

The tiniest look of determination :3:

I think Moomin might be the cutest comic (you can see more of these in the newspaper comic thread, in the comic subforum!):

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Hognose snakes make good pets because they are comically harmless. They are venomous, a little bit, but their venom does absolutely nothing to humans. Even then, they're the kind of snake that has the fangs at the back of the mouth instead of in front, so any part of a human is probably too big for it to even get its mouth around.

Since they are so tiny, a hognose snake's main form of defense when it's frightened is not to bite you as per most snakes, but to flop over on its back and play dead until you go away. However, they are also not incredibly smart, so if a hognose snake is playing dead and you flip it back over, it'll go right back to being on its back and continue playing dead as if it thinks you didn't see it just blow its own cover. They're pretty great.

I've been chewed on by a hognose and my hand swelled up quiiittee a lot so that's not entirely accurate, otherwise yeah! Usually they just throw on giant dramatic tantrums (unless you're like me and smell like mice I guess, lol).

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I love poodles, they're amazing at sports and retrieving and stuff! Grats to Liberty Belle :3:

Here's another poodle (mix):

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum posted:

They're adorable! Are they Aussie/Poodle crosses?

I think so! I just found it looking up poodle coat colors but didn't dig further.

Unrelated cute: tufted deer.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can I request more of these? A friend of mine is visiting her boyfriends' dad in the hospital and she adores rats, I'd like to show some to her.

Rats are great.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There's a couple of other deer that have fangs, including:

Chinese water deer:

and muntjac!

They all look like they're smiling awkwardly for high school photos imo.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Saw a very cute kitty while out buying rat food. It's too bad I'm moving soon or else I would've adopted in an instant.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BattleMaster posted:

The ones on screen are already dead and squashed, so it seems like it would have been pretty easy to catch some and squash them for a movie.

But I guess it's more surprising that people cared so much about some roaches.

Some roaches are quite lovely!

Linked because hissing grumpy bug

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

"this is how volly drinks"

This poor, dumb snake. :3:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nordick posted:

Crabs huh? Funny coincidence, just came across this elsewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqsIWgQ15mg

I watched this and now I've been quoting it all morning. "Choose a home, motherfucker."

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Chinchillas are the ones you never, ever, give a bath to because their fur is so dense it can't dry properly on its own.

Fun chinchilla fact! Their fur is so dense that fleas can't survive in it. Chinchillas are awesome.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

That kind of pic gets funnier after you find out that Khajit in Elder Scrolls can also look like regular cats, and not just the anthro kind you see in the games(they can also end up as big cats as well)

The normal cat khajits can interbreed with humanish khajits too. Elder Scrolls is weird as hell.

Here's a baby hyena:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

That cat looks like it's been living on pure spite for the past 10 years at least

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I love when dogs sit like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

This is great :3: I love how they turn on the TV at the end.