Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Mizuti posted:

Spring's arrived in the northern hemisphere. Guess who's glad to hear that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvdwamHv_fk

They're very small, shy, and plain looking, but famous for their incredible song.

I loved hearing birds sing in the woods early morning in Wisconsin. Back when I lived in Green Bay you could hear noises like this all morning if you lived out in the woods, which I did. I don't miss living out there in general, but if anything hearing birds singing like that is nostalgic to me. :3:

Speaking of songbirds, what's the name of that bird that sounds like it's singing the background notes from the instrumentals in Will Smith's Miami (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_sXoT3e30)? I heard it in that video, it's like "twee tweeeeet". I love that bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

MooCowlian posted:

Not everyone likes snakes, so I shall just link it, but here is a picture of the silliest little snake.

It's like a cartoon caricature of a baby snake came to life. I think it's too freakishly proportioned to be cute but that's just me. I do think snakes in general are cool, though, and a lot of baby snakes are pretty cute.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

MooCowlian posted:

Bear with me a moment, because this is a buzzfeed video, but if you skip the 50 seconds or so it's a video of someone who really really really loves sloths meeting a sloth and being incredibly excited about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdKUybsGELs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jw3T3Jy70

This one's better.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Isn't "spiciness" technically just physical pain on your skin?

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

CJacobs posted:

Yes, a chemical found in most spice sticks to your taste buds and tells your brain that what you're eating is really hot, depending on how much of the chemical there is. Your weird human brain interprets the chemical as painful, but acknowledges that what you're eating is food, and so it's like gently caress dude I dunno I guess this is a good thing and releases positive endorphins in response. So if you lack the receptors on your taste buds to tell your brain that stuff, spicy food won't taste hot to you. Birds and probably a lot of animal species' lack those because it's not like they encounter wild roaming gangs of hot sauce bottles or whathaveyou.

You couldn't have explained it better. Thanks dude.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Dibs on the origami shark.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

Yaaay, got the Sharkvatar!

sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Klaus88 posted:

You used my title text suggestion! :neckbeard:

Yes, but with more ~*@pizazz@*~ !

(It was a good idea, otherwise I was gonna go with something like "I'm a maker shark. I make things." I liked yours better.)