Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They're wild animals and it stresses them.

Because there's always someone who think "touching" means chasing down, lifting up by the tail and tormenting while they smile for the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ducks, geese, it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Those Capy images reminded me of something everyone loves - animal friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAsTr8NtG9I

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

IMJack posted:

My sister's sweet old Rottweiler lady left us this afternoon.

May I ask for cute Rottweilers? Or other gentle giants?

Gentle giant incoming (and one of my favourite photos ever)

Another giant floating dog head:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Big dogs who think they're lap dogs are the best :allears:

Otters just slay me. They sound exactly like squeaky dog toys and it's unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFqeWTfVi3I

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I asked my grandmother this once; she said it's because the squirrels are greedy little bastards who'll eat out of the squirrel feeder, and still ransack the bird feeders.

Mind you she said this after having installed a squirrel-feeder anyway, and every time we visited, every afternoon without fail a squirrel was sound asleep half in and half out of the thing after having gorged himself to the point of food-coma.

Reminds me of the possum who found his way inside a pastry shop and ate so much he couldn't even move when the owners found him the next day.

For reference - he fit through that tiny chewed hole, now look how fat he is.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Oh my god, those eyelashes.

She's biting her paws :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Smoking Crow posted:

Please post cute sheep for me please

Valais blacknose sheep:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Tricking dogs with doors that aren't there will never not be hilarious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmUpjDFjRlE

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

HopperUK posted:

This may have been posted before but it's so sweet I don't even care. Charles the Kudu, and his girlfriend. Don't judge them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KlMSnsaMg

Worked a lot better than the other way around:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The latest science says that birds are dinosaurs. Not descended from dinosaurs, actually dinosaurs. You toggle one gene on and they grow teeth. You stick a plunger to a chicken's butt, and it walks like a raptor. Dinosaurs are alive and well, and you can watch them feed in your back yard.

I found an abstract for a research paper many years ago on the effect of delaying the activation of genes for (I think) vitamin A production in birds when they're still developing in the egg. When they altered the point at which the vitamin production was supposed to begin, the birds developed scales instead of feathers.

Sadly, abstracts don't come with photos so I'll never know what the birds - I think they were chickens - looked like, but I'm betting it was uncannily like dinosaurs.

Ever look at a bird's feet? Scales.

Imagine the whole bird looking likes that. Yup, dinosaur.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Cute news - seven new species of peacock spiders discovered in Australian bushland.

They're tiny:

But so adorable:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BackMadeupBrownbutterfly.webm

(this is the link the ABC uses, but it's gifycat, so it should be okay to repost)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I dunno what the heck these things are though!

African savanna ferrets.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Rhinos do not make the noises you would think they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCC6ZYI3SI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

dupersaurus posted:

My two doofuses

Little

Baby animals eating their own feet :3:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Baby elephant has an adorable little tantrum when it can't catch a dog it wants to play with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZkwnqb-4vk

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

We had chooks as a kid and did this to them all the time.

Roll them on their backs and gently trace a line from their neck to their abdomen a few times and it mesmerises them. They'll stay frozen for up to a minute unless you poke them or make a loud noise, like clapping.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Please tell me there's more of this where the puppy gets love and cuddles.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

And this is why pet bowls are made with angled sides :D

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So annoying Firefox doesn't play these clips.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:confused: I use Firefox and I can play the clips just fine.

Do you have Flash installed?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Flipperwaldt posted:

You do definitely not need Flash. You need Firefox 45 and up (because something broke it in previous versions) and you need Firefox' Tracking Protection disabled for the forums (because that blocks the Twitter image host). If you're using something else that blocks cross site requests and scripts, like uMatrix, Policeman, Ghostery, Noscript or whatever, then those might also need to have permissions set up to allow the Twitter embeds to work properly.

I finally managed to track it down using your post as a starting point. Thanks.

For some reason I had set "media.mediasource.mp4.enabled" to false in about :config. Setting it back to default has fixed everything - well until I rediscover what was broken in the first place. But that's a problem for tomorrow.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dewgy posted:

PYF dogs with mismatching heads

Pitbull-dachshund:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SpacePig posted:

This looks less like a dog and more like an otter put together by somebody who's never seen an otter before.

It's always reminded me of those ridiculous medieval pictures of faraway animals the artist has obviously never seen in person and is only familiar with via third hand accounts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I love how the video title says the meerkats are 'grooming' the cheetah when what they're really doing is savagely attacking him, but their feet and mouths are so tiny that the cheetah thinks they're being friendly and grooming him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I want to revisit this in six months when the puppy's twice the size but still trying to sit up there with the cat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

She's just so adorably dopey :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Bowling ball nose :3:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So fluffy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Been panning down in the old skunk mines.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Counterpoint:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BattleMaster posted:

These capys are a little more slimy than I'm used to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icQY4ho2--g

It's freaks me out just how powerful a hippos jaws are. They took less effort to destroy those watermelons than I take on a small hollow easter egg.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

a life less posted:

I was sick last weekend and my dog was having none of it.

Cohen kept wandering into the room where I had a yet-to-be-unpacked suitcase full of dog stuff, bringing me various treasures in an attempt to get me off my butt. First, it was a bag of treats. Then it was a blanket. Then it was a frisbee (see photo). Then it was a shoe. Subtle, she's not. :3:

She was saying, "I can see you're miserable. These things make me happy. I hope they make you happy. Also, taking me for a walk makes me happy, so you should totally do that, too."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
These last two posts have killed me. I am dead.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Small dog beats up 3 lion cubs for food :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9bRLmeOqRI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That gif goes on for so long and just keeps getting better and better :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I saw an Eastern Pygmy Possum on a walk in the bush once. Just chilling out on the trunk of a tree. They are just ridiculously tiny and adorable.

The one I saw was a bit larger, though. About this big:

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Oct 3, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswDustIBxg

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

My favourite ever cat knocking things off video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBqk3yNiTX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Oh my god, this really is the best video I've seen in a long time.