Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

We've all worked for that boss at least once. The boss who made you come in on your off day. The boss who made you clean up vomit. This thread isn't about that boss. This thread is about the bosses that have gone above and beyond in the line of assholishness. The bosses that make you question the innate goodness of every human being. The bosses that make you terrified of how much damage one person can do with such a negligible amount of power. The bosses that, years later, still make you want to burn your old workplace to the ground.

Let me start.

I was 18 and had just gotten my first job at a Subway restaurant. My bosses, Roger and Judy, were both retired at 50. They co-owned this place as a way to keep busy. Roger was an alcoholic racist who constantly cheated on Judy, and Judy was a five foot nothing ball of rage who dealt with her employee's bi-weekly breakdowns by insinuating they hated her because she was a woman (even when the employee in question was a woman herself).

Roger was BFFs with the owner of a local strip club. Said titty bar proprietor would show up drunk in the middle of the afternoon and try to recruit the girls, many of whom were under 18 at the time. When we told Roger what his friend was doing, he thought it was the funniest thing he had ever heard.

When my black coworker was there, Judy would ask him to do literally everything that needed doing. Not because he was black, she assured him, but because he "just stuck out more".

They both resented the fact that I was still in school at 18. They honestly thought it was a reasonable expectation that I would drop out so I could work whenever they needed me. I was in class one time when I was called to the principal's office. They said my mother was on the line and that there was a family emergency. It was actually Judy who had posed as my mom. She told me to pretend that a family member had died and that I needed to leave early. This was all because they were dealing with a heavier than usual lunch rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread