Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I suffered thru Dick Smith collapsing..

For various reasons i had a litterally poo poo ton of bosses during that period, none of whom were remotely qualified in the field they had been hired in. Highlights include:

A boss that would not believe me when i told her Knights of the old republic 2 was mispriced and was NOT meant to be sold at $29.95.. Even after i pointed out we were buying them in for $80 a pop.

A boss that instucted 45 stores to "test" its world of warcraft recharge cards by loading them onto a store account (based entirely on a rumour she heard that some were not working)

A boss that at the hight of Napster file sharing insisted we roll out a knock off version of Itunes.. that only held a limited range of artists, that wasnt free like Napster and DID NOT WORK ON loving IPODS the only Mp3 player that sold at the time. Cost us 300k and i personally sold the only $20 voucher the company ever sold.

A boss that decided to remove the staff discount, which caused the instant resignation of all the students working for us that only worked for us to get cheap eletrical doohickys.. and so we almost overnight lost all of our knowledge in componants.

A boss that removed the discount on store damaged stock. He could not understand why i could not sell a repaired and missing the halo controller special edition Xbox for $340 when a brand new complete sealed one was only $10 more.

The boss that decided to tie commision you earned to extended warrentys.. You used to get a flat 5% of sales, but now you ALSO have to sell a certain amount of extended warrenties.. and now that the general public knows they are crap and wont buy them no one was making any commision, which meant pretty soon no one was making any effort to try and sell anything, why bother?, nothing in it for the staff member but extra work.

Good job kicking the cpmpany to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread