Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wateroverfire posted:

Below is a partial list.

Holy gently caress, did you actually need to copy/paste a giant fuckoff list instead of just putting a link there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The "only calories matter" argument is stupid as gently caress when there's poo poo like Wonderbread for sale.

E: VVV Yes, I'm talking about the added sugar they put into it, and into countless other "processed" foods.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 29, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Obdicut posted:

Again, there isn't any good research about high sodium intake that's population-applicable. Likewise, 'sugar' isn't a problem. Trans-fats are the only thing you listed there that are definitively bad. Those nutritional guides are of very, very dubious efficacy. The video you cited has the key word 'may' in it.

You realize that by any sane definition a fresh-baked sourdough loaf is 'processed' too, right?

The over consumption of sugar is one of the biggest problems we have and explains much of America's obesity epidemic.

And no, unless you're going to sperg out and say that baking a loaf of bread is processing it. I am not the one claiming "unprocessed" means "one ingredient."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Obdicut posted:

Neither of these is true, though. it's the overconsumption of calories combined with a lack of activity. People actually consumed more calories in the 70s but were in far better shape because they were way more active. Sugar calories are not worse than other calories in any solid way.

What definition of 'processed' makes wonderbread processed but the sourdough loaf not?

Tell that line about sugar calories to a diabetic.

How about the part where they add high fructose corn syrup to it? Why does a sugar substitute need to be in bread?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PT6A posted:

What's wrong with a pizza?

Jesus Christ can you be more disingenuous? He said "Pizza is not better for you than a salad" and your response is "Well, what's wrong with pizza?" :cripes:

I swear to god, people in this thread can't get over the idea that "Well I eat this thing and I am healthy, therefore that thing can't be unhealthy!"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

An adult can't live on only rice, you realize?

E: VVV Haha, well done.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How loving hungry was this guy every single day?

I can't imagine he ever felt satiated and full.

• Locked thread