Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Helsing posted:

By the time someone has gotten to the point of actually following a food guide I am pretty sure that they can take the additional step of distinguishing between steel cut oats and wonder bread.

This basically sums up why 90% of food advice just doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Who cares what food an individual throws away?

I could split a head of lettuce with a random neighbor and save a few bucks, but what good is that?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Onion Knight posted:

Why should anyone give a poo poo about food waste? As long as you're not dumping it into a pond etc. you're fine. It biodegrades wonderfully.

The problem is "the poor are going hungry". The answer is more and more robust welfare programs, full stop.

Yes. This a thousand times. Food waste is bad because...

If the answer is "that food could be feeding someone" then the question is "why don't we feed that person some other way, is dealing with food waste the best way to get people fed?"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Depends if it's processed or not.

:vince:

I wonder how much money you start saving at that point by just starting up rice farms yourself. I'd be pretty ok with government coordinated subsistence farming. :ussr:

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 31, 2016

• Locked thread