Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
I went to an auction and bough a box full of stuff I wanted to have, hidden down under one of the bottom flaps were these cards.

http://imgur.com/0ah20pE

What I know:
They're from the early 1900's (1900-1930)
They're lithographs of various works of art.
They seem to be in a series.
The French text states where they were located, who painted them and the title of the piece.

My first thought, based on the reason I bought the box, is that they may have been tobacco cards, but those were generally more risque. They're slightly larger than a contemporary playing card so the size is right, but they don't match any that I've been able to find.
I also thought they could be made for some sort of viewer, maybe as a salesman sampler for art lithographs?

Any information on the cards, or even the logo in the upper left corner would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah for sure, the reason I first thought tobacco cards was because I bought a box of pipes to clean up and smoke and it came with a bunch of other tobacco related poo poo like pipe tools, tobacco pouches etc. I looked into tobacco cards specifically before I ruled them out, while not all of them are risque none matched these.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, I've been looking for a while now and I can't find a damned thing about them. I thought they were really cool which is why I decided to try to figure out what they are instead of just tossing them in a box in my closet.

• Locked thread