Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Grover Furr is a crank case and a genocide denialist.

The Russian government flat out admitted in 2010 that the Katyn Massacre was indeed committed by the NKVD, and the causes of the Holodomor are not generally disputed by most of the educated world outside of Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

swampman posted:

You know, based on the amount of complete fraud that is proven to have gone into Snyder's book, he's not a historian.

Also, I bet I'm not the only one who noticed how you quietly dropped the whole Katyn massacre thing when it was instantly proved Furr was completely full of poo poo about it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

KiteAuraan posted:

What are you gonna do? Defend Pol Pot? I mean, he made a literal killing field. And Mao, well, Mao was fat and kinda an uggo.

People on these forums have actually defended Pol Pot before, as well as denied the Cambodian genocide.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sorcery posted:

The CIA backed the Khmer Rouge in order to destabilise Vietnam.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/10/16/who-supported-the-khmer-rouge/

Ah, Counterpunch, truely a reliable source and a bastion of journalistic integrity.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Budzilla posted:

Maybe Horselord is a toblerone triangluar account with a different angle on the same gimmick?

No, TobelroneTriangular is funny. Horselord is just some LF rereg.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why is it that communists seem to be unable to think critically in any fashion?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

asdf32 posted:

Maybe I should give him a closer look. It makes sense that the dictator of a militarized superpower during a world war would only do good things.

I wasn't aware WW2 started in the early 1930s :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty disgusting that the LF refugees infesting this thread can in one breath call for a society with no discrimination, and then in that very same breath defend North Korea's intentional mass starvation and torture of their citizens. Not part of the ruling class? Not part of the most elite military units?

Tough poo poo, you get to starve to death, if you arn't instead shipped off to a death camp along with your entire extended family because a tiny bit of dust got on the mandatory picture of whichever fat vicious Caligula wannabe is the current ruler.

The only reason the DPRK hasn't been crushed and forcibly integrated into it's neighbours yet is SK and China not wanting to spend blood, money, and treasure to deal with it, but I'd argue that doing so is definitely the correct moral choice, regardless of how much it would make people whine about imperialism on the internet. The longer the world waits to deal with the problem, the worse it will be when North Korea eventually crashes on it's own.

• Locked thread