Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

zolthorg posted:

as good as the last three

So it's excellent, got it. Looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

I hope Nintendo dies just because some people call it Ninty and that's stupid

The people who call it "Ninty" usually hate Nintendo. You'd be giving them what they want.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ah, so "ninty" is code word for I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES FOR CHILDREN

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

ah, so "ninty" is code word for I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES FOR CHILDREN

Pretty much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo's gearing up for production, plans on 10 million NXs a year.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
After listening to the last Bombcast, I'm not the only one who thinks a post holiday announcement is possible. I originally predicted January, but they speculated they could hold out until the actual month of release. Can't hurt those sweet 3DS/Wii U black Friday and Christmas sales.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's not an awful idea, but can they really keep leaks under wraps that close to release?

That's an honest question, I have no idea how NDAs function in the industry

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not a Children posted:

It's not an awful idea, but can they really keep leaks under wraps that close to release?

That's an honest question, I have no idea how NDAs function in the industry

I doubt they can keep a lid on it past their October investors report.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once it goes into production they have to worry about leaks from factory workers

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Nintex_nl/status/779374156932640768

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

get hosed europe

wait thats a bad thing

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
October 1st? That seems early for that.

OMG NX IS COMING OUT IN OCTOBER

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So this is a handheld? I thought Nintendo was working on their next regular console, one that can actually compete graphically with Sony and Ms?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The NX takes the HDMI support of the WiiU, the portability of the New 3DSXL and the convenience of the GameCube Carry Handle and combines them into one miracle console, the Nintendo NX.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So this is a handheld? I thought Nintendo was working on their next regular console, one that can actually compete graphically with Sony and Ms?

The current theory is that it's a hybrid. A portable console that can connect to a dock and become a home console.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Reiley posted:

The NX takes the HDMI support of the WiiU, the portability of the New 3DSXL and the convenience of the GameCube Carry Handle and combines them into one miracle console, the Nintendo NX.

They should bring back the handle imo.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Reiley posted:

:yeah:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:yeah:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

one that can actually compete graphically with Sony and Ms

After the Wii and Wii U why would you expect this? Nintendo hasn't seem super interested in doing that, which is fine because they make good games

acksplode
May 17, 2004

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Not sure where you got the impression that it'd compete on specs, it's always looked to be Wii-like in the sense that it'll leverage a novel design rather than raw horsepower.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

chaoslord posted:

which is fine because they make good games

Sometimes yeah.

It's like 2 in 5 these days though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Fzero GX
Fzero NX

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kashuno posted:

Fzero GX
Fzero NX

am i the only one seeing this ??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oddium posted:

am i the only one seeing this ??

I'm blind

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

All I see is a Nintendo system that's going to use cartridges that is referred to as an NX.

Super Nintendo games are back, will be playable with the new Super NX chip, every cartridge costs $300 though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

a 3rd identical console is probably a bad move. Also what would they do with it as a 1st party? Photo realistic mario with mustache tressfx?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Ironically, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 already look as good as any ps4 / xbone title

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Real hurthling! posted:

a 3rd identical console is probably a bad move. Also what would they do with it as a 1st party? Photo realistic mario with mustache tressfx?

What if it opens with his head like Mario 64 but instead of stretching his ears you could comb his mustache?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmm, nice, nice. but what if the second player was able to do that whenever while player one gamed, to the same mario of course

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo pioneered mustache grooming having simultaneous gameplay effects in Mario and Luigi Dream Team

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

It's almost certainly a handheld that can hook up to a TV optionally, it's certainly not going to compete with the PS4 or X Bone.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Here we go again!

https://twitter.com/nintex_nl/status/779434796669865984

There's the hand-held, a tiny box that improves performance when the hand-held is nearby, and a docking station for the hand-held. This guy leaked the PS4 Pro specs and Foxconn just got an order for the NX, so leak status is set at... Plausible!

:Edit:

Annotated version:

http://m.imgur.com/OK9qeo5?r.jpg

VladimirLeninpest fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 23, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

It's got a D-Pad... could be legit.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
They're really gonna have to get out there and sell the absolute poo poo out of this thing if it even vaguely has a similar form factor as the Wii U tablet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what will make the nx not fail like the wiiu did

the name alone??

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

VladimirLeninpest posted:

There's the hand-held, a tiny box that improves performance when the hand-held is nearby, and a docking station for the hand-held.

Praise be to the tiny box. We are not worthy to be in it's presence.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nevermind, the tiny box is actually just an ouya.

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 23, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Here we go again!

https://twitter.com/nintex_nl/status/779434796669865984

There's the hand-held, a tiny box that improves performance when the hand-held is nearby, and a docking station for the hand-held. This guy leaked the PS4 Pro specs and Foxconn just got an order for the NX, so leak status is set at... Plausible!

:Edit:

Annotated version:

http://m.imgur.com/OK9qeo5?r.jpg

i am from nintendo, do not pay attention to this

this is not what the nx looks like

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I would be happy if NX is the actual name of the thing but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bill?

• Locked thread