Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Krono99 posted:

Are there any places still accepting pre orders? I just never thought about it til now...

Right up my butthole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Krono99 posted:

Are there any places still accepting pre orders? I just never thought about it til now...

Nope.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i hope that in breath of the wild we finally find out who the bucket mouse is

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't believe that the only good games on this system will be Disgaea 5 and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Where did Nintendo go so wrong

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren: Jimmy Hats' Nintendo Switch Ultimate Pre-Order Guide!!!! :siren:

The No.1 most important item on my list is, of course, the nintendo switch!!!! Here it is guys!!!

Keen eyed observers will note the absurd Canadian pricing, but fret not, with your Amazon Rewards Visa you get 2% cash back! That's free money!!!! Order enough things and you'll be able to pay for a previous thing! Buy as much as you can.

Next up is the GAMES. What's a console without games? Just a tablet for watching Netflix!*1

Here are some really GREAT GAMES that I have PRE ORDERED and SO SHOULD YOU

~ Pro Tip: Ship Zelda seperately so the stooges at amazon don't get confused and gently caress up shipping it so it arrives on launch day!!

Are you a massive piece of poo poo? Make sure you order THIS bad boy, then!

There are a lot of really good digital games coming out, too! Are you prepared to buy them all? You'll need an effective STORAGE SOLUTION to be able to STORE YOUR GAMES!! But maybe you don't want to rent out your taint to pay for overpriced SDXC cards? Just make one at home: the system will recognise it all the same! Format your SDXC card correctly and you'll be able to trade your used digital games to your friends!

Battery woes? Worried about the left joycon disconnecting? You're going to need some handy accessories to get you through the tough times!

Here's a few external battery solutions from JIMMY HATS.

This bad boy has enough juice to extend your playtime from 2 hours to 5 1/2! That's an increase of at least 174%!

Playing switch while your mom drives you to the curling rink? Plug this guy into the dash and you'll be G2G (good 2 go) (good to go)

~ Jimmy Hackz: If you get two and splice the wires together, you can charge your device twice as fast, provided you have an additional car to connect to!

In order to solve the left joycon problem, I've had my best friendgineer (friendship engineer) on the case. We've come up with a nifty solution...

By simply purchasing an additional set of joycons, and rotating one of them 180 degrees, you'll have 2 high function joycons for you to play, and you can give the lovely left handed ones to your little sister or mom or whoever you play video games with! gently caress 'em!*2

Finally, you're going to need a way to carry your NEW nintendo around! There are a lot of great items out there, but you can't go wrong with a proper briefcase.

Storing your switch with your FAT STACKS is ideal, since all that green is going to keep it cushioned and shock resistant! It's also going to help you along when you need to purchase those 3 extra sets of joycons, 2 pro controllers, SDXC card, portable USB-C battery pack, LOZ:BOTW DLC packs, Shovel Knight for the 4th loving time, and those cheaply made F-Zero knock-offs!

Anyways, that's my buyer's guide of must haves for the new Nintendo, the nintendo SWITCH!

*1you can't watch netflix on the Nintendo Switch
*2Don't literally gently caress your little sister or mom. Leave that to Corrin

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Don't post lists if you're not going to put effort into them you fuckers

E: anyways i'm going to bed

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nice list 8/10

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That was as good as the Fire Emblem post. Puts my list to shame.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Saw some Snipperclips four player mode.

Five Stars.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Has been heroes is GS only. $20 for a hard copy. gently caress GS, but yes to $20 new games in cart form.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jimmy Hats posted:

:siren: Jimmy Hats' Nintendo Switch Ultimate Pre-Order Guide!!!! :siren:

The No.1 most important item on my list is, of course, the nintendo switch!!!! Here it is guys!!!

Keen eyed observers will note the absurd Canadian pricing, but fret not, with your Amazon Rewards Visa you get 2% cash back! That's free money!!!! Order enough things and you'll be able to pay for a previous thing! Buy as much as you can.

Next up is the GAMES. What's a console without games? Just a tablet for watching Netflix!*1

Here are some really GREAT GAMES that I have PRE ORDERED and SO SHOULD YOU

~ Pro Tip: Ship Zelda seperately so the stooges at amazon don't get confused and gently caress up shipping it so it arrives on launch day!!

There are a lot of really good digital games coming out, too! Are you prepared to buy them all? You'll need an effective STORAGE SOLUTION to be able to STORE YOUR GAMES!! But maybe you don't want to rent out your taint to pay for overpriced SDXC cards? Just make one at home: the system will recognise it all the same! Format your SDXC card correctly and you'll be able to trade your used digital games to your friends!

Battery woes? Worried about the left joycon disconnecting? You're going to need some handy accessories to get you through the tough times!

Here's a few external battery solutions from JIMMY HATS.

This bad boy has enough juice to extend your playtime from 2 hours to 5 1/2! That's an increase of at least 174%!

Playing switch while your mom drives you to the curling rink? Plug this guy into the dash and you'll be G2G (good 2 go) (good to go)

~ Jimmy Hackz: If you get two and splice the wires together, you can charge your device twice as fast, provided you have an additional car to connect to!

In order to solve the left joycon problem, I've had my best friendgineer (friendship engineer) on the case. We've come up with a nifty solution...

By simply purchasing an additional set of joycons, and rotating one of them 180 degrees, you'll have 2 high function joycons for you to play, and you can give the lovely left handed ones to your little sister or mom or whoever you play video games with! gently caress 'em!*2

Finally, you're going to need a way to carry your NEW nintendo around! There are a lot of great items out there, but you can't go wrong with a proper briefcase.

Storing your switch with your FAT STACKS is ideal, since all that green is going to keep it cushioned and shock resistant! It's also going to help you along when you need to purchase those 3 extra sets of joycons, 2 pro controllers, SDXC card, portable USB-C battery pack, LOZ:BOTW DLC packs, Shovel Knight for the 4th loving time, and those cheaply made F-Zero knock-offs!

Anyways, that's my buyer's guide of must haves for the new Nintendo, the nintendo SWITCH!

*1you can't watch netflix on the Nintendo Switch
*2Don't literally gently caress your little sister or mom. Leave that to Corrin

:lol: this scrub with a not March 3rd delivery.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Jimmy Hats posted:

you got yourself a pretty good list there James Hats but I'm especially proud of you for this one. I will buy nintendo switch fire emblem (not fire emblem warriors though because I bought Hyrule Warriors twice) in your honor even though I don't think I will enjoy it

Grey Joycon switch because I don't wanna look like a chump if/when I play on an airplane
Zelda + Expansion pass because it helped me use the $25 off $100+ visa checkout thing
Bomberman R
Switchclips
Also have Mario Kart paid for

good lists yall

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wish saying you preordered bomberman (as if every store won't have dozens of unsold copies) was a probatable offense.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I wish saying you preordered bomberman (as if every store won't have dozens of unsold copies) was a probatable offense.

I wish you and the other 3 people who have spent the past 2 weeks ragging on bomberman would go somewhere else but here are

sorry I am going to enjoy a game that has not dramatically changed since its inception

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Why do people keep posting that they have XXX paid for? It's a weird behavior.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd buy Bomberman, but my friend agreed to sell me his copy a month later for $25. :shrug:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bloodplay it again posted:

I wish you and the other 3 people who have spent the past 2 weeks ragging on bomberman would go somewhere else but here are

sorry I am going to enjoy a game that has not dramatically changed since its inception

Someone didn't play bomberman hero 64. The platformer bomberman.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Policenaut posted:

Horny Nintendo

This is what's causing the desync. Nintendo was forced to logoff due to being too horny.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Isn't Bomberman going to be on the eShop? Seems like that'd be the best way to get it really, rather than buying a physical copy, since it means you can boot it up anytime, anywhere for a quick blast without having to worry about always having it to hand.

Zelda and others would require a larger time commitment to get the most out of, but Bomberman is a game you can play 5 minutes of (or more if you want) and have the essential experience because rounds are so fast.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If I buy amazon gift credit/get gift balance now, will Amazon use it to pay my Switch preorder? I have an extra 3DS my buddy wants to buy and I'd rather use Amazon than Paypal if possible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

tsob posted:

Isn't Bomberman going to be on the eShop? Seems like that'd be the best way to get it really, rather than buying a physical copy, since it means you can boot it up anytime, anywhere for a quick blast without having to worry about always having it to hand.

Zelda and others would require a larger time commitment to get the most out of, but Bomberman is a game you can play 5 minutes of (or more if you want) and have the essential experience because rounds are so fast.

Yeah, that's the way to go with games like that. I'm planning on getting Mario Kart for that reason, and I'll probably get Bomberman (if it turns out to be good) that way too.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

tsob posted:

Gonna buy physical for a while until microsd storage is cheaper. Plus I need to save the paltry 32GB for eshop exclusives. Getting Bomberman for mainly online and my internet connection is at home, so...

and I apologize for not having just said Mario Kart 8 Waltzing Along I will note your posting preferences for future reference

Bombadilillo posted:

Someone didn't play bomberman hero 64. The platformer bomberman.

I played all of the N64 Bomberman games and had the most fun coop with Bomberman the Second Attack, but of the 40+ Bomberman games, those are really the only different ones.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 25, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

My Switch isn't paid for. I'm stealing it. Don't tell Reggie. :ssh:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Mahoning posted:

My Switch isn't paid for. I'm stealing it. Don't tell Reggie. :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I've literally never bought a microsd card which one should I get.

Looking at this one.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

I've literally never bought a microsd card which one should I get.

Looking at this one.

Any class 10 card should be fine. Here is a Samsung card for about $5 less but if you don't have Prime you'd have to pay for shipping because it's under $35. FWIW I have the 64GB capacity card you linked in my 3DS and it hasn't ever given me any issues. I generally avoid Sandisk cards because they really don't like having the same sectors rewritten over time but most of the other microsd manufacturers use a different type of nand so they're fine.

You might want to wait until people can test different brands in the Switch though. No clue what max read/write speeds the system supports yet.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Don't forget that updates take up space and considering that stuff like their entire online system is practically nonexistent right now, you're probably going to have a lot of patching over the next year

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Infinitum posted:

Post your Switch preorder list ITT
- Switch
- Zelda
- 128 GB SDXC card
- Wolf Link amiibo
- Switch carrying case

I'd buy more games but all of the stuff I'm interested in doesn't come out until later. That's fine though, I have a feeling Zelda will be more than enough.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

Any class 10 card should be fine. Here is a Samsung card for about $5 less but if you don't have Prime you'd have to pay for shipping because it's under $35. FWIW I have the 64GB capacity card you linked in my 3DS and it hasn't ever given me any issues. I generally avoid Sandisk cards because they really don't like having the same sectors rewritten over time but most of the other microsd manufacturers use a different type of nand so they're fine.

You might want to wait until people can test different brands in the Switch though. No clue what max read/write speeds the system supports yet.

I went ahead and bought the PNY I linked. It's a class 10, it gets up to 85mb/s and The Verge mentioned the brand in its recommended picks, figured it was all good enough.

I'm not gonna buy lots on digital since I like having games on a shelf, basically only downloading stuff that I can't get physical like Setsuna or that I'd never want to remove anyway like Tetris. I figure a 128 will be more than enough.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

what does it even mean

if there's some way to order stuff without paying for it i want to know

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

what does it even mean

if there's some way to order stuff without paying for it i want to know

Amazon doesn't charge until they ship. Gamestop only requires a deposit to preorder stuff.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm gonna miss this thread.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm gonna miss goons assuming all the warnings about bomberman are just bs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thread should get locked at page 999

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm gonna miss goons assuming all the warnings about bomberman are just bs.

What warnings?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

someone should make a tablet/pro controller carrying case for the switch. id' buy it.

Anyway, my pre order list:
-switch
-pro controller
-zelda
-bomberman
-hori case and screen protector

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I can't tell if people are joking about the gooseneck mounts, but I legitimately want one of those.

Is there any consensus as to what's good/not, or is the prevailing wisdom to wait until the thing comes out and reviews for whatever's compatible roll in?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

someone should make a case that hold the switch and its charger, so you can not only take the switch with you but also use it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thread should get locked at page 999

Back in the day you had to make a new thread when one reached 1000 pages otherwise it slowed the forums down.

Nowadays hardly any threads reach that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Smack my switch up

• Locked thread