Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I am very weak, how many pounds is Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Were closing in!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkKUbNnXKE&t=256s

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I'm gonna need that shimmy dance as a gif

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

You dopes know there is actually games other than Zelda at launch right? You don't need any of them as they are games. But there is more than Zelda.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Guys has it been complained that there isn't much on launch day other then zelda on this page yet? Lets bring that up some more.
Then look at Zelda.

Do you want to put your title up next to that?

Don't forget to bitch about launch titles every page. Its as if they just stopped announcing things.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Zelda will outfun a bunch o games this year. I don't know when ill play monster hunter XX

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

What the gently caress was that.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

man i must be stupid wanting to play a mindblowing zelda and other games i want on a console that also is portable. And I have friends for multiplayer? What was i thinking!?!

That said I can't wait for more announcements, Advancewars and whatnot. But hey its literally 24 hours after first offical deets lets bitch castlevania isnt shown yet.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Anidav posted:

People seem to misremeber how badly the Vita got hosed by Nintendo. Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest: Stolen. Level 5: bribed to oblivion to ignore Sony platforms.

The Switch will be fine because when good software needs to appear Nintendo Ninjas will just pluck the rest of the Japanese Vita supporters because really no developer should ignore the Platform only Pokemon. Yokai Watch owes Pokemon bigly.

BUT LAUNCH GAMES!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Anidav posted:

Zelda. Bomberman. I am Setsuna. Has Been Heroes.

All look like must buys IMHO.

Then digitally we are probably looking at stuff like Shantae, Redout maybe a few other things. Treehouse said there would be more game announcements next week.

Oh im with you, just keeping the tradition of the thread alive. I heard someone make the argument sd is bad because its slower than blueray, instead of laughing at him over something I assumed I knew I said I don't know.
Blueray has a max bitrate of 54 mbits per second while UHS - II can do 156 MB/s. Thats bits v bytes so holy crap yes.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah yes, let me pay more for that gimped down version of this game I can get on a better system. Good idea.

take your ps4 on a train and get jacked son

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

its sad that after watching how loving virtual on luffy punchout has brilliant controls that allow for angled shots and they trot out this EA man who sleeply says they respect nintendo for having creativity.
There is no way in hell they will do something like ARMS did for angled kicks right?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YrHReUh50
Dude shut up they are playing live rock game music right now

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Righteous groovin, with a steely hard rock edge?? This is excellent. Do we know the name of this band?

I wish i knew. I need the splatoon album.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Musics Back on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YrHReUh50
Sounds like polysics buts not them

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

this guy can not deliver the stone groove cleanly that is xenoblade

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Where are all the handheld developers that were suppose to come from this combining of Nintendo's portable and console markets?

Not sure why people hate the Wii so much. The Wii was arguably Nintendo's best console.

Sin & Punishment 2, New Super Mario Bros., Metroid Prime 3, Punchout!, Xenoblade, Super Mario Galaxy just to name a few.

I'm guessing not everyone wants to announce their games at the same time. Do you want Rime same day as Zelda?

Steamworld Devs said they pulled back to announce more later. We got 1 month and 20 days till launch. Expect a few more launch titles and more release dates.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

If you haven't played Steamworld Heist you wouldn't know why I'm excited to see their Switch Title.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

These guys are killin it now

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

When is too early for predictions to turn into a Wii is doomed oh wait...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

They are definitely righteous in their groovin!

Thanks for name dropping Polysics, listening to them now, quite good! I like that band Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and also The Pillows, this is like if those two bands mashed together!

I'll namedrop a deeper cut Omadaka same scenish I could have sworn he did some Ape Escape stuff.

Anyhoo he needs to work with the Warioware guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHGHvWV9i9E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfNoEYR2-8

He came to america once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pwdoAGOBmU

Enough Derail. Biggest loving news is A.C.E. is back makin music for a Switch game, Discuss.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

BUT LAUNCH TITLES!

Guys this is a launch, It doesn't have many games. It has Zelda. Are we going to go over the same poo poo about that for 1 month 19 days?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

This thread needs some overdue naptimes or a shittier thread to dump off the emotional Nintendo haters/lovers

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Willias posted:

There's also the bit where Nintendo has never sold a game console at a loss. They'd rather lose money by not selling rather than having each console cost them. Which is a bit ridiculous considering accessory costs (which is where Microsoft and Sony make back their money).

Gee how could that go wrong. Don't consider it just blurt out the same ol line.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Avalerion posted:

Even if it can be played with normal controls and waggling is just an optional gimmick, I will be surprised if Arms will have actual complexity of something like street fighter, or even smash bros. Both this and 12 switch look like something that might be fun once or twice for the novelty of it but not as full price games.

It looks considerably more complex due to 3d positioning and gun fist arms.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufp4Dr7rNPU
LIVE NIntendo band is back! NOW

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Splatoon music is so good, shame it's not my kind of game

Not even the single player?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I was heartbroken when I learned that Phantom Dust's remake got cancelled. I'm kind of excited that it's getting an HD remaster except there's radio silence on its progress and when it does come out I'll just get it on PC so lol Xbox One.

its uncancelled again and coming this year, 2nd devs the charm? but seriously gently caress microsoft.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

This is the happiest band on earth

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Band is now kickin rad Xenoblade music now

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Anaxite posted:

The Japanese stream is making Arms look really good, though the announcer was half the fun.

The stone cold frown Caucasian girl is selling it to me.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

http://imgur.com/a/EGJKt
Oh Live events I love you

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 15, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I dont know why when i try to embed its hosed but man...ARMS looks fun

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

It looks fun, but I'm not a huge fighting game guy and I see it as something I'd put maybe 2-5 hours into single player and maybe another 5-10hours total of multiplayer. I'd play it if someone else had it but for $60 nah not my type of game. It also looks like the type of game that will oversell so maybe I can get a used copy next year for $20. To the right person it's worth $60.

I'm assuming theres more everything in there, but then i remember Nintendoland. I loved nintendoland but the price was just off.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Christ Square Enix sure knows how not to show off loving anything.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

What would good online look like?

What features, etc?

I can add friends easily, group up, join as a group a game, have some method of voice chat, and have some way to not be ddosed like sonys of ms's when some assholes need to feel big.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Hmm okay

Or what if instead of all that, you could link your twitter account to find friends, and then you could scroll through a huge, laggy list of random twitter users and add people you recognize, as long as they have already added you

As long as its easy I don't care.

Splatwoon is up

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

Switch sounds dumb. And after getting Wii U at launch (lol) this will be the first Nintendo console I won't buy.

Thanks for sharing!

This is the first console that I wont have to camp out for. Exciting I know!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

MUSIC TIME YAAAAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Agreed

• Locked thread