Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
yeah that's what the games industry needs, less competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
nintendo life claims a source with access to the nx prototype says the leaked photos aren't legit, btw

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX2smM87r14

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Nintendo could obviously care less about third party games as well, since from their Nintendo Direct presentations everyone goes gaga over you would be hard pressed to believe they even have a third party title. Unfortunately that means the Nintendo becomes the "second console" which is something a lot of people aren't willing to pay for. It's fine for you and me but for most families the kid is gonna get one if any and if they want to play the same poo poo as all their friends it's probably not gonna be a Nintendo.

The Sony version of a second screen was split between Remote Play on PSP/Vita, companion apps on tablets (mostly from Ubi games), and a second screen option was actually put into the Playstation tablet app but I never saw it used. It has instructions in the app on how to use it as a second screen though, maybe there was some game that actually did. Needless to say Remote Play is the only use out of those anyone cared about (and similar to that feature you liked about the Wii U).

third party titles get a lot of airtime on nintendo directs, it's just usually they're exclusive to the system. last one had dragon quest, monster hunter, bravely second, gunvolt, that f2p namco thing and a poo poo ton of indie stuff

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
they did make a wii hd. it's called the wii u

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i kind of hope the nx operates as a phablet so i can just replace my phone with it

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad Chibi Robo will likely never get another game because of the lukewarm reaction to Zip Lash. Hopefully, in the future, Nintendo will manufacture real Chibi Robos and it will live on that way.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hey remember when new vegas had an open world map and people whined that if they went in a certain direction they got murdered by deathclaws

what i'm saying is gamers are morons who will never be happy

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

Change 2: it's an open-world Nintendogs. Risking my hide on this one, but I thought I'd throw you a bone here.

You see that mountain in the distance? You can go for walkies on that.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
march the fourth be with you

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
victorian one is meant to be good too though i can't speak personally

but that's all moot because after nintendo buys ubisoft all new assassin's creed game will be good

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo Xintendo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

InFlames235 posted:

https://m.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/55mszg/in_pokemon_the_pokedex_usually_resembles_some/

So Reddit is freaking out over that new pokedex as apparently all the pokedex's resemble a portable console Nintendo has had and that one looks like a tablet with detachable arms. Confirmed? :o

Every NX will have an actual Rotom inside it, as Nintendo announces that it has also made Pokemon real.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zolthorg posted:

i was very rude about it, thats the magic of twitter
i'm also blocked by the gravity falls nerd who didn't finish his cartoon and rushed the ending

please nintendo, announce the nx before more people own themselves

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elf help book posted:

It's a cube and has the standard six sides.

i am excited for the nintendo game cube

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the only wario game released last gen was game & wario. it's good but not enough

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the only thing i know about the nintendo nx is that i am going to buy one and i am going to have a blast with nintendo friends old and new

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Their last WiiU game came out today, so they are pretty much clear to announce it whenever.

I really really like this game, Paper Mario: Color Splash, by the way. I'm so glad I got it two weeks early due to them loving up. I have just about %100ed it and am in the last level now. I'll have to check my time on the game, but it's been a solid amount.

pleased to be able to confirm that colour splash is cool and good

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't have an NX but I do have the new Boo amiibo. It glows in the dark.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

No joke, I had a dream a while ago where Bonk from Bonk's Adventure was a playable character in Smash Bros.

I haven't even played a single Bonk game, but that'd be neat I think

i could see him being a trophy

e: i hope smash 4 nx has smash run with online play

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

bill trinen in a hooded robe pricked my finger to take my blood, i'm pretty sure it's for the nx

he was actually injecting nanomachines into your blood. you are the nx now

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's the tiniest scrap of NX information as we count down the hours until we die: at the Final Fantasy XIV fan festival someone asked lead developer YoshiP if there were plans for an NX version. His answer was "We can't say."

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
announcement delay is so that the reveal video opens up with solid snake popping out of a box saying "kept you waiting, huh?" as nintendo announce they have bought the rights to metal gear and mgs6 is being made exclusively for nx by kojima productions

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
nx

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
what happens if a male presses the girl gamer button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007