Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Who wants to try and guess what fundamental design flaw this console will have? They haven't designed good hardware since the SNES.

I bet Nintendo still isn't smart enough to use PC hardware like Sony and Microsoft. And you just know the ancient husks in the board room in Japan are still weary of these newfangled online multiplayer games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Uhh, Wii sold ~102 million worldwide compared to ~85 million each for the other two.
But nobody looks back fondly on the Wii beyond a handful of first party Nintendo titles. It is mostly remembered as a popular but short lived gimmick that spent most of its life collecting dust next to a PS3 or Xbox 360. Those extra 20 million consoles didn't help them in the end because nobody bought the Wii U after seeing how badly they poo poo the bed with software support on the Wii.

fat bossy gerbil fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 29, 2016

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think you'd find a stronger argument in the fact that the Wii was extremely good at penetrating markets which do not typically include gamers, and those markets are less likely to be enthusiastic about buying another console.

That is certainly a large part of the success of the Wii but it was still an extremely hot ticket item amongst gamers both casual and hardcore at the time of its launch and for about two years after. A good portion of Wii sales were to non traditional audiences as you said but I'd still wager that the majority of them were sold to gamers who wanted to try it out and in the end were disappointed.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Did anyone actually expect Nintendo to change their ways? This is a company who has proven time and time again that they are incapable of following market trends or learning from past mistakes.

The company leadership is happy to keep pumping out crappy overpriced hardware in a vain attempt to find another gimmick that will recreate the success of the Wii while making it painfully obvious they never understood why it was a success in the first place.

They still don't give two shits about doing even the bare minimum to try and attract better third part support or provide an online service worth using. They are quite content scraping by on the nostalgia of their diehard fans while surrendering market share with every new generation.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

VideoGames posted:

As a PS4 owner I also recommend DQbuilders. It's the only DQ game I've played but it is so much fun!
Look dude I'm not interested in a game about building a new Dairy Queen in some poo poo town in Ohio. I bet someone in Germany would love to play a sim about that though.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Oh god I miss Advance Wars sooooooo much. I will buy a switch if they put out a new one.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Why do people like Smash anyhow they are sloppy as poo poo fighters that scrape by on offering Nintendo dorks the chance to battle their favorite characters together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Gamers in general are a broken bunch.

• Locked thread