Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

oddium posted:

oh dang i just realized people are saying "rabid dog" and not "rabbit dog" when they're talking about a dog acting crazy. whoops

is that right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

maybe with nintendo on their rear end ubisoft can make their first good game in a decade

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

If the Switch ends up being cart based, what are the odds of something like the R4 coming out for it?

it have a cd rom drive ont he back that ejects a tray

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Waltzing Along posted:

A PS4 is $300. It has a huge head start and all the games. It is more powerful and comes with a controller. No one in their right mind would choose the switch at $300 over the PS4 unless their focus is on Nintendo games. The mobile aspect is cool, but it's not worth getting the lesser console for.

Nintendo has to be aware of this. $250 is the max it should cost. I think $200 is where they will do really well.

$283 doullars

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

nintendo says they expect to ship 2 million by the end of the march so the rumor of there only being 50 units produced by launch is definitely true

whaley fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 10, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

I'll never figure out why they felt like they needed to change so much stuff in Xenoblade Chronicles X. They screwed with every single thing that should have been left alone

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

i'm going to go to the store the day it comes out and buy one real easy

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Wasn't the Wii difficult to get because everyone including their grandparents wanted one? The news was constantly showing how great they were for nursing homes and people who didn't play video games. I used have a job where I went in people's houses all the time and I'd go to some 90 year old's house that looked like it was stuck in 1945 and they'd still have a Wii sitting next to the TV. I don't really see that happening here

whaley fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 12, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

it's good!!!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Instant Sunrise posted:

i got rodea the sky soldier for $14 because they rang up a new copy as used for some reason so i really can't complain there

Jokes on you, every game at GameStop is used

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Not a Children posted:

I'll reserve judgment til I get to try it and see the build quality, but the prices for the accessories seem absurd. I was pissed when I had to pay $50 for a Wii U Pro controller (even though it is excellent); $70 for a Switch Pro controller is not reasonable, no matter how nice it is. $80 for a pair of joycons is flat-out awful. If they can bring controller prices down to the $50 range, I'd probably take the plunge, but as things stand I'd probably just make do with the included accessories.

That said, if they released gamecube controller-shaped joycons along with smash, they'd probably make a mint.

$40-50 on release

Pretty sure Bomberman 64 was 60 bucks on release

edit: here are some old Electronics Boutique ads, 59.99 for Bomberman 64 http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/EBChristmas97/nintendo-sega.html

whaley fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 19, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

I think I paid 50 bucks for Saturn Bomberman and it didn't have a single player mode similar to 64 either. It did have a story mode just like R though. I don't feel like full price is an unusual thing for a Bomberman game.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Yeah I really don't think it's going to be impossible to join an online game without getting on your telephone first

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Utnayan posted:

It is required.

Naw that's techradar guessing from a couple of vague sentences

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

drat who got that Nicalis picture

yay thank you Policenaut!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Haha people think the Playstation controller has buttons for a d-pad. All of the directions are connected underneath the surface so you can smoothly move between the directions. Doesn't look like we get that with the joycon directional buttons

whaley fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 25, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Pureauthor posted:

Nah, 2.5 hours of gameplay is bad battery life. If being at 720p is what causes bad battery life, then it shouldn't be 720p.

Man I swear my Game Gear battery life felt like an hour. That thing was miserable. I couldn't even beat any of my games because the Game Gear would die too fast

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

bOMBERMan looks like a winner for someone who likes bomberman don't it? Hasn't been a good Bomberman in forever that I know of. The Xbox 360 Bomberman looked like such a joke I didn't even try it. Probably nothing is going to top Saturn Bomberman

whaley fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 31, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Instant Sunrise posted:

go to a yard sale, buy a used N64. then go on amazon or eBay and buy a used copy of bomberman hero.

enjoy.

I could do that but I wanna play a new one. I've played all the others!

FireMrshlBill posted:

As a lefty, I appreciated they had an option, especially in Metroid Prime: Hunters. However, it wasn't as good as having a d-pad. Just better than nothing and having to play right-handed.

Dang man quit trying to make left handed people sound like they're crippled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Really hard to believe xenoblade chronicles 2 is gonna be this year but that sure would be great

• Locked thread