Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Don't know how a phone could match the 3ds.

You're more likely to already have a phone on you and lots of people are just fine with the games you can get on phones. Honestly phones have enough power on them that all they would need is some decent buttons and they'd make perfectly fine game devices.

either way nintendo is making phone games too now so whatever happens you'll stil get to play mario on the go anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Steam's store is fine, but its so full of shovelware and lovely unfinished junk now. Also, its sales events have just now degraded into having you click through game store pages for cards, reminding you of said shovelware and lovely unfinished junk

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ventana posted:

Is there any word yet if Amiibo's will still be a thing for NX. I hope so and they actually make them more useful (they totally won't, though....).
They're making nintendo a shitload of money so the awnser is definately yes. And if you want further evidence the new zelda game will have amiibo support and i very much doubt they'd give excluse features to the wii u version instead of the one designed to sell a new game system.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Only 30? My chinese one goes up to 750000:colbert:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

And then the lord said:"thou shalt not make copies of a program via the internet and play it in an emulator with savestates, frameskip, translation patches and-wait , theres an nes emulator that turns them into 3d models? Holy poo poo , i gotta see this!"

And then the lord got a new pc to run dolphin 5.0 after he saw a youtube video of mario galaxy 2 at 1080p

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Since nintendo loves shoving its handhelds into items in games (see: game boy horror, tingle tuner) I looked up what the shiekah slate looked like in the breath of the wild demo

Well, that would certainly be something if it looked even halfway like that.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

smell this posted:

that certainly looks like a wii u gamepad link is holding

The weird thing is the demo presumely didnt really use the gamepad in any way, which made me skeptic that was the case. also the wii u gamepad doesnt have a camera on its back or anything like the grips on the sides like that.

edit: for reference i dont think the nx is goign to look exactly like that, outside maybe having a camera in the back.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 31, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Oh god Nintendo is going to restrict certain things to TV/mobile only even though there's no goddamned good reason to aren't they :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:
if they did it for no reason on big games it would propably be hacked and filled with homebrew as soon as possible to circumvent that.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

xanthan posted:

CD based backdoor was the failure. Or that one Action Replay demo disc that let you boot up burned games. That was the Dreamcast, right?

you could do it on the ps1 with a gameshark as well, so i don't think that was the failure point.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

super paper mario has both great and terrible parts while sticker star is just consistently bland.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

zolthorg posted:

Its a platformer game with no vertical or horizontal acceleration, enemies and bosses that never change patterns or behavior inbetween multiple hits, a terrible camera, and the platformer has features like being able to float over pits or walk on spikes or whatever... that you have to stop dead in your tracks and thumb through a menu to pull out peach or the appropriate pixl every single time

really I just liked the art style and being able to switch characters to play as peach, bowser and luigi, and was willing to look past bullshit like sammer kingdom because of it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Okay, so they are going to do both at once and be good at neither as a result.
Do you think working on a game system is going to take precious resources from thier mobile game development?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Its the same poo poo banjo kazooie nuts &bolts had where even if it is a good game in itself, people have come to expect a ceartin thing from a series, including its main character. It honestly would have been better off as its own IP.

I've not actually seen or play it, but does it have any actual interesting characters or is it just a bunch of nameless space marines in the metroid universe?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

greatn posted:

It has exactly as many interesting characters as other Metroid Prime games.
I actually liked the playable dudes in metroid prime hunters, they were fun to play as and had thier own unique weapons and morph ball mode.
Federation force seems like its the same type of character but different colored for everyone so it just looks like a step back despite being in development for so long.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dexo posted:

Nintendo announcing before TGS is usually an ok to the developers working on games to show their NX games on the TGS floor even if Nintendo themselves don't show up.

It's why like the second the Bone and the PS4 announcements came out suddenly press releases from like every company under the sun came that were working on games for it.

Im starting to suspect it will be delayed, because while nintendo might be happy having a short time between announcement and launch I'm not sure the people making games for it would feel the same.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kashuno posted:

They can't delay it with breath of the wild coming with it
Unless.....

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

xedo posted:

Would a lot of companies really want to launch their NX ports, let alone exclusives against Breath of the Wild? I'm guessing we still see a March launch filled with Nintendo software and indies, and the third party multiplats and ports (assuming they come out to play this time at all) come in the months afterwards. Lots of first party exclusives at launch would secure a better install base, the third party content wouldn't be launching opposite the most hotly desired Nintendo title in years, and they would have more time to promote their games. They might actually be happier launching their games 3-6 months after the NX hits shelves.

I recall rumors that the 3ds launch lineup was low on first-party content to attract more launch third-party titles. It seems reasonable to me that companies would expect early adopters of new Nintendo hardware to be reserving their initial purchases for the all-new Nintendo games.
breath of the wild is single player, so it would be a pretty good time to release something with multiplayer for the nx when they'd have 0 other multiplayer NX games to compete with.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

You know what was the weirdest thing today? Oh no, not the Mario on iPhone with bloody Miyamoto of all people crashing on the Apple conference nor the "XBOXPS4 IS HUUUEG but doesn't play 4K videos" reveal of the next PS4 model.

It's that ESL Splatoon tournament announcement for next year. A whole year away, but all the Nintendo PR accounts on Twitter in the different countries updated at the same time with the message, "hey, October next year, we are giving the NX as a prize for winners of this esports event thingy". Synchronized, prepared in advance, clearly decided by some higher up. But why?? It doesn't make any lick of sense to announce that more than a year away. It's to get people talking? Gauge interest? Get people more frustrated about not revealing the system itself any time soon? What?

my only guess is to try to keep the tourney level playerbase interested until the sequel comes out.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

hey remember when new vegas had an open world map and people whined that if they went in a certain direction they got murdered by deathclaws

what i'm saying is gamers are morons who will never be happy

Doesn't seem like a very open world if going in one cardinal direction results in instant death, unless you're already an expert at the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Raserys posted:

The NX has already been announced. It's called Hope
Its called hope because like in Pandora's box, it didn't get released.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 2, 2016

• Locked thread