Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cubey posted:

Well this thread title rocks

Also if that controller is real Nintendo is fuuuuuucked

It kind of reminds me of the PS3 prototype boomerang controller:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Saoshyant posted:

A mockup someone did of touch screen controls specific per game. Looks cool, though how practical it is it's entirely another matter.

Also, that bevel contour and badly applied small label don't give it much credence as a real thing that actually exists, though it still looks impressively real for a mockup.

e: an image illustrating what I meant:

Someone should photoshop this so it's just the Hypnotoad buzzing glare with the analog sticks over the pupils.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I refuse to believe that that is an official nintendo controller.

It's not unprecedented, duder.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"We dont want to make phone games instead we are making a console that combines the worst aspect of phone games into its main design" Nintendo apparently in 2016.

Tablets and phones must have broken nintendos brain.

Yeah, Nintendo has had an oddly neurotic company logic due to its mix of Japanese business conservatism and cautious attempts to reach out into new tech ever since the Nintendo 64 days. Literal CD tech confounded them in their stubbornness while they were stuck in a cartridge-based mindset and it's popped up in weird ways time and again like with Friend Codes to avoid direct network lobbying and Internet connectivity like in Smash Bros. for example.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Junpei Hyde posted:

The dumb leaked controller looked super bad unlike the gamepad which is good.

I have mixed feelings about the gamepad, slightly leaning overall towards bad. But we can agree to disagree. :shobon:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

NXflate Gate

I read this as N Gage. That was a fun time to be alive:

The original video game taco!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Junpei Hyde posted:

It grew on me after I actually got to use one.

I've used one multiple times and it never grew on me. Personal preference, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
By the way, I can see it as an official Nintendo prototype in the vein of the PS3 controller I posted earlier but it will probably change a lot by the time of final product release.

I guess Nintendo desperately wanted to move past the Wii U?

• Locked thread