Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
My concern is that if they do try and merge the handheld market with the home console market it will destroy both. I love Nintendo handhelds, the 3DS has developed into something great over its lifespan, but their consoles are very hit and miss!

The last console I loved from Nintendo was the GameCube, the motion controls on the Wii got annoying pretty quick. I didn't buy a Wii U as it was very expensive compared to other consoles for less power, less choice of games and quite expensive games that don't drop in price like Xbox or PlayStation games seem too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
If I was that woman playing Mario and my friends waved at me and were like come hang out I would close the blinds and play more Mario on my own.

Loved how there were no kids in the advert! Nintendo is for grown ups only now, as it should be.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Saw Game.co.uk is allowing people to preorder

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-1712269

Placeholder value of 999.99 but you pay the confirmed launch price for your bundle when it is announced.

Tempted to do it as I really want a launch day switch, whenever and whatever that may be!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
We will all have to find our official Nintendo WiFi dongles that we bought to connect our phat DS consoles to the internet to play the switch online, it will be part of its charm.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Any UK people going to those hands on switch events next weekend? I got tickets for Brum but don't really know what to expect, I wanna play the games but will I just stand in queues?

If other goons are going please bring your 3DS and make sure you have streetpass turned on...It's just common courtesy.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Went to a Switch event this morning, played 4 rounds of splatoon, 2 goes on Zelda, Mario kart, snipper clips and milked a cow. It was amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Ehud posted:

What is Zelda like

Is it fun

Will I like it

Please advise

It seems great! The map is huge and the graphics are gorgeous. You will like it. Throw your money at Nintendo.

Splatoon was so much fun with 8 players but we had a kid on our team who was dragging us down....

I played as Isabelle on Mario kart and she wasn't a great character, cute though!

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 12, 2017

• Locked thread