Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

NT Plus posted:

:psyduck:

I don't think this is accurate.

It kind of is. Sony's first party output has been pretty dreadful so far.

Thank god for Bloodborne though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Just the same thing as the 360/ps3, came out first & cheaper.

Wii couldn't compete with that, it has its own games.

Microsoft also really hosed the marketing with the xbone, just like Sony did with the ps3.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The lack of Kid Icarus: Uprising on the list of perfect Nintendo games shocks and astounds me

Being horrible to play if you are left-handed alone disqualifies it from being perfect.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tyty posted:

Nintendo: Doomed for over 30 years

Nintendo or PC gaming, which ones going to die first?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

zolthorg posted:

ive given up my dreams of 720. im expected the portable to be like 480p now

Well, the Vita is 960x540 and its screen looks great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Nintendo inventing "smartphone gaming but good" bodes poorly for their new smartphone game division.

Handheld consoles aren't exactly a new thing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I pirated stuff when I didn't have money buy stuff I wanted and now that I'm an adult with a job I don't. I bet most people who pirate are the same way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

edit: just realized it's 5 am in europe, what the gently caress nintendo!!!

That's the time I wake up for my job, finally a stream that works for my work schedule.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they port Bayonetta 2 to the switch so I can buy it again.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pomp posted:

same but also wonderful 101

Great idea

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Motto posted:

PCs are for spreadsheets

Man, spreadsheets are getting really loving good these days

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish Bloodborne had a good framerate since the game is almost perfect otherwise

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

what competitors???

Phones. Of course phones don't have buttons and are therefore awful for most actual games so it's a moot point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's plenty of stuff to play on a Vita if you like JRPGs.

Otherwise, not so much.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

edf 2017 online play runs at a glorious 2fps. more epic than any michael bay finale

they should add a few more bugs and run it at 1fps instead

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will definitely buy all of the dark souls games again on the switch if they are released.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Nah have skyrim instead

Do people actually want skyrim on that thing isn't the current "remastered" version poo poo?

I'd rather stare at a wall than play skyrim without mods.

I'd probably rather stare at a wall than play Skyrim with mods too though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Apparently Laura Kate Dale was on Obe1's channel spilling some info about the Switch. It's a long video, but gamexplain summed up the big stuff, like 32gb storage on the Switch (which is pretty standard for tablets).

https://youtu.be/5OVvJOeUdUs

I can't really watch a video at the moment, is that 32gb just the internal storage with on option for an SD card or something?

Because 32gb is a really loving small amount of space otherwise.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to buy the same game separately on the PS4/3/Vita as well, apart from a few indies.

It's lovely when Sony does it too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure people give Sterling money because they like his content

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What's up with Bayonetta? I do like action RPGs. Can I skip the first one? That's the one that has a really expensive physical version but still on the eshop right? Looks like the 2nd had online co-op? Are people still playing it? Is it matchmaking or do you need a friend or what

You can skip the first one but you shouldn't. Both of them are amazing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fire Emblem Conquest is amazing and one of the best SRPGs of all time.

(Just don't talk about the story)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Nintendo strives for accuracy in its emulation. Their games have been vastly improved in emulation. Not that they cant when they want to, the Wind Waker remaster was better then the dolphin version with its tweaks with was better then the gamecube version. But then, they charged full price for it. (worth it, fast sail hell yeah)

The wind Waker remaster (or remasters in general) isn't emulated.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ethanol posted:

God forbid you can't play your Nintendo on day one

What's the downside if you are going to buy one at some point anyway?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

To be fair there have been glimpses of things that didn't happen or changed. Famous spaceworld Zelda made everyone cry because Windwaker happened instead. 128 marios turned into Pikmin.

Wind Waker and Pikmin happening instead was a great thing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"What are the good mods for Skyrim?"

"You can make dragons into Randy Savage!"

"That sounds super funny, but I can look at it on youtube and get the full effect of the joke."

"No, you need it because this popular, well reviewed, award winning game is actually shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!'

The good mods for Skyrim are the ones that make the gameplay marginally less poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget the fan patches to fix bugs that Bethesda ignores, or just plain using the command console to fix quest triggers that break.

It's hilarious that they didn't bother to fix known easily fixable bugs in the remaster.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

6 AM here, which is perfect since that's when I'm waking up for work anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Louisgod posted:

I mean sure I guess that's technically right if you completely discount the Versus dev time but why do that?

Because aside from some assets they scrapped everything from that time.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Perhaps you should get a PSP

lol at PSP emulating N64. Even the SNES emulation is poo poo on PSP.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope the switch isn't region locked so I don't need to bother hacking it like my 3DS to get out of region games working.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

greatn posted:

Just anyone who's gimmick is "I TELL IT LIKE IT IS I'M NOT BEHOLDEN TO CORPORATE INTERESTS. BE WARNED YOU CANT HANDLE THESE TRUTH BOMBS I'M ABOUT TO DROP" is usually a ponce.

That's not his gimmick though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

You guys really think the Switch just kinda is the Nintendo handheld going forward or is there gonna be a 3DS successor eventually?

There's going to be a non-switch 3DS successor if the switch bombs for some reason, otherwise the switch is it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

I'd rather pay for good online than have poo poo online that's free.

It's going to be poo poo and you have to pay

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

keeps going down

Happens at literally every press conference

(not that the news have been good in this)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Super Mario Minish Cap

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress yeah

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm confused at all of these:

"This launch looks terrible...preordered one anyway!"

posts.

Some people really like Nintendo games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Asema posted:

I think the major disconnect is that apparently looking at red flags and glaring issues that the console has is apparently immediately gas lighted as "Nintendo is DOOMED!" talk which is loving stupid.

Like half of this thread is people talking about the not-that-great things about the switch so I'm not sure what thread you are reading.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Asema posted:

the thread with Phone coming in on a moral high horse about their SNES christmas days

Some posters post dumb poo poo, news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

What kills me is that Sony and Microsoft figured out years ago to pad the post-launch release schedule with rereleases. Nintendo hasn't, despite having a much deeper back catalog and a much more receptive audience

Imagine last night's Switch presentation, same price, same release schedule, but also with stuff like, a 2D Metroid collection. All three Pikmin games on one Switch Cart. Skyward Sword for Switch, now without waggle!

The PS4 got poo poo for having so many rereleases, the Switch getting a ton of rereleases would have been a huge selling point.

Skyward sword without motion controls would a really major change. The whole combat system is built around it.

• Locked thread