Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bungbroy posted:

If it weren't for Bloodborne, I would really regret buying a ps4. That game is the reason I bought it and the only reason I haven't sold the system. My Wii U has gotten so much more play time and more games that are worth having. It's a real treasure in my book. I can't wait to hear more about the NX at e3! This thread is mostly dumb and sad.

That's pretty much how I feel, minus actually owning Bloodborne. As much as I'd love to play it I can't afford to purchase one expensive console for a single game. I've gotten a lot of playtime out of my Wii U cause a lot of the exclusives have appealed to me and my brother. So even if it didn't sell well overall, it was well worth the purchase for me.

I've decided to ignore basically everything about the NX until more concrete info comes out since its all just pointless speculation. I still can't believe anyone thought those football controllers were real though.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In all seriousness, I wonder if there are people, aside from extremely casual gamers, who's entire experience with Nintendo has been via their handhelds.

I'm pretty sure that would apply to a lot of people in Japan. From what I hear mobile gaming is way bigger than console gaming there, so the 3DS is really prevalent compared to the Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh drat Nintendo you got me. For a second I thought that might not be a party game! :thumbsup:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rockem Sockem Horror Bots

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Did they dig up an intern to translate this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Those character designs :cripes:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Xenoblade 2 is going to suck

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah we know Todd. We get it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If this isn't Let it Die Switch then get the gently caress out Suda.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
HERE'S A GAME THAT WILL EXIST AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE

gently caress this garbage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This translator is gonna get fired so hard after this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I expected nothing from this and am still disappointed.

Leave Xenoblade alone Nintendo :mad:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tentatively excited for Mario Odyssey

Dreading Xenoblade 2

Splatoon 2 will probably be good

And that's about it :geno:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So is there some reason they have to force this out with so few launch games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah those tweets aren't singing the tune you want Reggie

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Paid online sucks but its not gonna be a deal killer unless its absurdly expensive. Hopefully they'll be reasonable about the price.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I'm kinda psyched about Bomberman :shobon: Am I the only one..

I'd love a good Bomberman game but when was the last time one of those existed?

axeil posted:

i wont.

and i get it, the game coming out doesn't harm me, but it's very strange that nintendo saw this as a selling point. i'm trying to make an argument that it's reflective of their myopia on marketing and understanding their position in the video game landscape in 2017. maybe if it was a larger thing where bethesda said "hey we're porting skyrim and fallout 4 and dishonored for the switch!" it'd be exciting but as it is it makes me think that nintendo doesn't really understand what their consumers want.

Its aimed at people who wouldn't normally buy a Switch because Nintendo consoles never have "mainstream" games. They're trying to say "hey, here's this super popular game that would never have been on a Nintendo console before!" to try and get those people to jump on.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Louisgod posted:

I don't care about Bethesda or the Elder Scroll games enough to know who this is, what's wrong with him

He oversells his games. Not nearly to the degree that other developers have in the past though, like Molyneux. I really don't care about him.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Strange Matter posted:

Really almost all of the conceivable problems with the game can be solved if they preserve a.) the same caliber of VA from the first game and b.) the same armor variety. I hate the main character, he looks like a Bionicle, but I spent almost zero time in the default clothing of the first game anyway.

Maybe they'll let me put helmets on everyone to cover their horrifying faces.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Neo Rasa posted:

Too rich for my blood.

Tell me this isn't some F2P nonsense.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why is Bomberman going to be bad

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Don't gently caress with me thread I need to know if I should damper my expectations for Bomberman or not

I haven't had a quality Bomberman experience since that arcade game on Xbox live.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I played Bomberman 64 as a kid and it was one of my favorite games. Also there was some GBA game that was like a weird Zelda-lite but with bombs. That might have been terrible but I enjoyed it at the time.

Bomberman 64 was good though. Probably.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
He's shaped like a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What is even the point of Splatoon if I won't be able to see hand-drawn memes in it anymore

• Locked thread