Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Real hurthling! posted:

The game boy was a great name. I miss it and hope they can have as good a name for a thing again

The Nintendo game man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Oh, so the detachable controllers may connect to the console in a similar fashion to the Wii motion plus dongle attaching to the Wii remote. In other words, I'll never get it right the first time.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

a.lo posted:

August has come and gone and we have yet to hear anything about the NX. We already know that about the N. Mircrosoft; we already know about the Playstation Neo and the Playstation 4 slim --all confirmed for this year -- but we don’t even know about the NX coming out in March of next year. Ever since mentioned 17 months ago by the late Iwata there have just been speculation and fan service on what the NX actually is. Fast forward to the year late 2016 we still do not have definitive news what the system (or systems) is. I am beginning to think Nintendo believes that “Less is More” and that people will get more excited over a product if you never mention it. I however am getting quite annoyed by Nintendo and that method of selling. It would be nice once in a while that Nintendo release some information regarding their own system -- NX. It’s werid that we need to have a Dragon Quest game or some Sonic game to be reminded of the actual system when Nintendo themselves for some odd reason completely ignore it. The only games that are mentioned for NX is a Sonic game, some DQ game, Zelda, and maybe Final Fantasy. Nintendo themselves never confirmed it besides Zelda but in my opinion just further the frustration.

So far this year we have seen countless disappointments from Nintendo. A underwhelming Starfox, a Metroid more hated than Other M, a Paper Mario that will probably poo poo more on the series. Are we expected to dissovle these past mistakes from Nintendo for some “refreshing, epic” news regarding the NX? I can’t cheer for a company if that company doesn’t acknowledge that I am here and that I am alive, and waitng.

Nintendo is nintendoomed

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
The NX was supposed to bring us together, not tear us apart.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Video games are dead, but some believe that the NX brings rebirth, breathing life once more into this dead pseudo-hobby.There are whispers that the NX will topple the tyrannical PC gaming empire, and establish a new republic for adult video gamers. That the NX will be the revolution, the Nintendo Revolution... But are wii ready?

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
The NX will just be a controller for the Wii. The Nintendo learned their mistake last time.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

a.lo posted:

whoa a lot of replies but where's the news??

Congrats on the worst post in a thread of bad posts. You earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
The NX is actually just holographic James Dean.

• Locked thread