Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The big problem with the Nomad, aside from it having a battery life of maybe two hours at best (I don't even have a battery pack for the Nomad, I just use the AC adapter because it's not like I'm ever taking this gigantic brick out of the house), is the fact it's really particular about playing the cartridges and likes to lock up unless you hold it perfectly still at all times and don't press the buttons too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

It's pretty weird. Sure, if you yank the Genesis around while it's running, it'll probably lock up as well, but generally speaking you're less likely to do that with a home console than a handheld and I don't think Sega considered that while designing the Nomad. It's not quite "breathe on it wrong and the game locks up" but any kind of sharp movement/bump/shake is likely to freeze your game.

edit: this isn't just my unit being faulty or me flailing around like a moron, it's a common complaint about the Nomad

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 28, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Man, that poor translator they had for the Splatoon guy and Suda51 wasn't having a good time. I know how stressful simultaneous interpreting is (if your concentration slips even briefly and you didn't quite get everything the guy said, you're hosed), but the other translator was totally fine and this guy just seemed nervous and unsure about the whole thing. Wonder if he was new to this or if he was just having an off day.

I also wonder how comically inflated the price for the Switch is going to be here in :finland:. I expect nothing less than 399.99 euros.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Playing Street Fighter on the Joycon d-pad seems like it would a horrible idea. I'm trying to imagine pulling off Zangief's spinning piledriver on that thing and :gonk:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wait......that cross is an actual d-pad? I thought it was like a logo or something. How big is it?
No, I meant the face buttons that are used as directional buttons when you've got the joycons hooked up to the dock thing. The tiny buttons on the joycons are the plus and minus buttons.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I see they got Bulk and Skull to show off Has-Been Heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

This makes Wii Play look like a masterpiece.

• Locked thread