Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Finster Dexter posted:

Did the last Zelda sell over 2m?

Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds sold 3.5 and 2.5 million copies by the end of their second year, respectively. Reportedly Skyward Sword has hit the 4 million mark since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

:eyepop: Region-free is all I want from the Nintendo NX videogame portable hybrid thingy.

I'm gonna be playing so many Taiko Drum Master games! :holy:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It looks good everyone!! Hell yeah!!!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Looks like the Mario Kart 8 engine to me. That game's graphics are still underappreciated. Its one of the best looking games of this gen.

I was going to say it looked very similar to Super Mario 3D World, but you're right. The shader work here bears a much bigger resemblance to Mario Kart 8.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Never.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Utnayan posted:

Just wait until you guys see Metroid Prime 4 as a launch title.

You will all poo poo your pants.

I can't wait to see the pants making GBS threads.

I am actually really curious to see what Retro has been working on since Tropical Freeze.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Minidust posted:

"There's also the Joy Grip accessory that players can pick up..." The language implies it's a separate purchase, but I may just be jumping to conclusions.

The article doesn't cite a source other than the video and Nintendo's press release, so I think it might be an unintentionally poor choice of words on their part.

Utnayan posted:

You will love the new Metroid. :)

I hope I will!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

teagone posted:

Hmm, so games are going to be on those mini cartridges? I won't be downloading them to a microSD card? Is the SD card just going to be used for saves then?

If you buy games through digital download you can store them on the internal HDD or on MicroSD.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

A bunch of European retailers are listing the Switch at €330. I already thought 300 was steep, but anything over that is definitely too rich for my blood. Gonna have to wait until a price drop or sale comes up this time around. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Wheany posted:

Didn't watch the presentation, didn't read the thread, went on Youtube to watch the new Mario trailer and had to :derp: here to ask: Did anyone say "more like Super Mario 2006" yet?

Yes.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a confirmed launch title list yet or is Zelda just the only one we know of?

There's no definitive list of launch games yet, but Breath of the Wild; 1, 2 Switch; Super Bomberman R, and Just Dance appear to be the only notable launch games.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

greatn posted:

Is Puyo Puyo x Tetris a launch game?

It's very possible, but nobody has made an official statement about that as of yet.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 13, 2017

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Mulva posted:

Off the top of your head name the best launch titles of the PS4 and Xbone. I won't make you go back any further than that.

Most systems are lucky to launch with one good game, period. Always been the case, don't know why the gently caress people are surprised

As much as 6-ish games is really paltry for a launch line-up, Zelda and Bomberman alone make it better than any launch line-up in recent memory IMO. I can't remember the last time a console launched with two games that I genuinely thought were worth buying right out the gate. Xbox 360 with Condemned and PGR3 is a contender, but even that is kind of a stretch.

That's all subjective, though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

well why not posted:

We kinda got spoiled with Wii Sports, that was a pretty big game for free. Amazing move by Nintendo, I wish they'd keep it going like that.

Nintendoland was a pack-in too, right? Not quite the same level of global appeal as Wii Sports, but still a pretty good general audience game.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think ARMS is gonna turn out to be really fun :shrug: Splatoon got the same "what the hell is this weird poo poo" when it was first shown too. Hoping the TreeHouse shows more of it today cause I'm getting some big Punch Out vibes from it

Arms looks really cool. It's like a combination of Punch-Out and Virtual-On I never knew I wanted. I hope it's not too sparse on content, though. The trailer didn't show much in that regard.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Spellman posted:

It's 2017, and Nintendo's home console still can't run DVDs

When are they going to make a machine powerful enough to run a DVD

You can run DVDs on the Wii through a homebrew app. :science:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Bomberman rules.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Watching the stream with no sound at work. What are these Gems? microtransactions?

In-game currency you either use as continues or to buy cosmetics. No microtransactions involved it seems.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

they are probably gunshy about a pack-in after Nintendoland (which honestly was pretty good) flopped so miserably that they had to remove it from the eShop entirely

The obvious solution would be to make it a universal pack-in and not print any physical copies until different pack-ins are available and the game has proven to be successful enough to warrant it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Utnayan posted:

And now this just in. The Wii U version of Zelda runs better than the Switch version. (Multiple hands on reports from various sites)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-first-17-minutes-on-ninte/2300-6436629/

Wouldn't this be based on what the hosts remember seeing of the Wii U versions many months ago? Not exactly a clear-cut case if so.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/819957925976350720

:sigh:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Zelda will be a good story but the game doesn't look that good. Right now it's a stutter fiesta (combat, panning shots) and of course graphically it's ancient. I wouldn't really call BOTW epic as much as I would call the franchise beloved, because any other game that looks like that wouldn't receive a warm reception

Games that don't have top-of-the-line visuals get positive receptions all the time.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

This game looks super cute.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Me watching this segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait was the Switch confirmed region free?

Yes, which means I'm going to be playing so much Taiko Drum Master. Y'all don't even know. 🥁

• Locked thread