Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

So I've been thinking a lot about a Smash for NX and if it ended up being a port of Smash for Wii U with more features and characters. Would there be enough time between now and the NX's launch to get out something like that either alongside the NX or later on in 2017?

Free the ice climbers

They should also add Pokemon Trainer with mons from Gens 2/3/5, and Wolf, why wasn't Wolf in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i'm pretty sure i made a joke at some point about the nx being a chip installed in your brain. i'm glad this has finally been confirmed

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME
WALK INTO MY MYSTERY
STEP INSIDE AND HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I do not want to play assassin's creed on my Nintendo NX, or in fact, on anything

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope the NX will be good and nintendo continues to make good games :)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Didn't a bunch of western companies say they'd be on board for the Wii U and ditched it shortly after launch? I don't think Ubisoft will abandon it entirely, but any promises of support should be taken at arm's length

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

naturally, it still doesn't have a backlit screen

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
everyone thought the gamepad would be a pain to hold but it turned out to be real comfortable, so i have faith in nintendo to make comfy controllers

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the mockups are way too faithful to the eurogamer design

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Does the CD-i count as Nintendo's history

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

smell this posted:

it's almost halloween and still nothing on the NX

get spooOOooky with the Nintendo NX, which is the skull of satoru iwata. only one will be published

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dehry posted:

The more I head about NX rumors, the more I think the Rotom Pokedex is designed to look like an NX, much like the Pokedex from previous generations had a similar shape and size to the portable system it was on.

but s&m is on the 3ds

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I will gladly share an Orange Ocean Juice with my close, personal friend, Waddle Dee

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the nes mini is not made for the type of person who would download an emulator anyway, why are you so bitter about this

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I am optimistic about the future of the NX, but I feel like people were also mostly enthusiastic about the wii u when it was announced so who knows how it'll actually turn out. this is my opinion, please source me when using as a quote on kotaku dot com.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the nx will be extremely good but also sell like piss. nintendo will be reduced to exclusively mobile gaming and producing exclusives for the ouya

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

s.i.r.e. posted:

It would still be 100% doable, considering you're not "playing" anything when you're using the screen, just making the levels. This really isn't the best example.

making the levels is a pretty essential part of Mario maker I think

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Soul Glo posted:

Stop using over/under like this.

It's nonsense, that's not what over/under means.

e:f,b but seriously, c'mon

what's the over/under on this post

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
right. so how many gyros is that

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
eh, this is jivjov at like 70-80~% power

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
what kind of pants are you wearing that you can't fit a wii u inside your pocket? mine can easily and comfortably store a wii u console and gamepad with a selection of my favorite games

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I thought the gamecube was a failure though? Like on the level of wii u doomspeak

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Mercury Crusader posted:

Everything Nintendo makes is a failure. Except for the SNES, unless you were a Genesis fanboy in the 16-bit era.

Nintendo was at it's best when [whenever you were 12] and bad at all other times.

don't mistake me, i love the gamecube dearly, i just thought it sold poorly

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
would you say... two nxes duct taped together

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'm michael pachter

what does the future hold, gaming industry superanalyst michael pachter

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Konami sells its IPs to Nintendo, Snake gets brought back to Smash along with other Konami stars like Bonk, Bomberman, Alucard, and Goemon joining the battle

It would make me extremely happy for my friends Snake and Simon Belmont to appear in Smash NX

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kashuno posted:

I feel bad about saying this but I hope they keep Miyamoto a bit away from the games for a while

are people still mad about sticker star

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
did Miyamoto have anything to do with that? usually when I see someone say Miyamoto should step down, the crux of their reasoning is sticker star specifically

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Boten Anna posted:

i hope everyone who has been regurgitating this take for going on two decades now crashes and burns

:yeah:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

BillmasterCozb posted:

The closest yogurtland in my state is near Atlanta, and I'm a pretty long ways from there :negative:

what's up fellow georgia bumpkin

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
lol@shovel knight and melee hd

and F-Zero 2

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would be okay with that tbh, add the DLC characters, combine the 3ds and wii u stages/modes, throw in the original classic mode and the ice climbers, you've got yourself a deal

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
lol if you didn't get the star messenger bag from club nintendo (tm) before it shut down

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Reiley posted:

Is that what they meant?? <jonathan joestar voice> oh noooo

(joseph)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Why is the NX sad :(

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
are you saying that goons.... have bad ideas???

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm glad Nintendo is doomed!!!! they are a terrible company that deserves to go out of business!!!!! I hope they still make games for phones though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

SilverSupernova posted:

The NX will be a figure of Megatron.
It will alternate between robot, handheld, home console, artillery canon, and cyborg Tyrannosaurs.

the nx is a gun. just a gun

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
All of these proposed designs are terribly dumb and bad. they work fine in mobile mode but look awful to use when at home. a wii remote with only a stick and a d-pad? no way*

* I do not give my permission for this post to be quoted if this turns out to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

i'm praying for that dragonball fusion game

• Locked thread