Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Soul Glo posted:

Nintendo isn't going to release a portable/handheld that natively runs Wii and Wii U discs.

It would be pretty cool, if they did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Discs for handhelds are in fact not cool

I could bust out my travel cd case again. :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Here Nintendo, let me do your marketing for you: *lists a bunch of stupid, terrible ideas* was that so hard, guys? :rolleyes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Raserys posted:

I'm glad Nintendo is doomed!!!! they are a terrible company that deserves to go out of business!!!!! I hope they still make games for phones though

gently caress you!! :mario:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Trent posted:

That's what she said.

:geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

the nx will be implanted directly in your brain

*signs up immediately for Nintendo surgery*

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

The NX will be sold in exchange for money. Nintendo was considering other procurement options for the consumer, but in the end settled for that tried and true currency we all know and love. I'm talking about the green stuff, folks.

*sets aside a pound of dank weed for Nintendo*

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i kind of hope the nx operates as a phablet so i can just replace my phone with it

The word phablet is terrible.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The NA announcement for the 3DS direct mentioned that there would be no news about NX in the direct jfyi dudes

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Guys, I think the NX is just going to be a video game console. Honestly, many of your suggestions are a little absurd.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

We're talking about the company that would make 10 million dollars if they just released untouched ROMs of their Pokemon collection onto the App Store, but they just don't do it because I guess nobody over there thought of it yet? I'm not really sure. It's guaranteed money. Also whoever thought of friend codes should be shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Raserys posted:

The Fall of InFlames235: A Tragedy in Five Acts

lmfao

Super No Vacancy posted:

phone gamers should be quarantined and sterilized

:yeah:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Mario Brother Super Show the game. Solve plumbing problems for celebrities and sometimes make pasta.

Ok. I would definitely play that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

His Vine is just him recording Mario, Luigi and Wario figures conversing with each other about things he sees in public.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

paco650 posted:

lol @ Nintendo. I get that there's a 24 hour leak cycle now and you don't need to like, let it all hang out at E3 or whatever anymore because you can just forward a press release to IGN at 3 in the morning and let them do the work for you, but this really is some Dreamcast-level poo poo. Nothing at all, huh? Christ. So is the next Zelda really going to be NX only?

No the next Zelda is going to be on both Wii U and the NX. :geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Nintendo NX will be a spacesuit you wear! Haha! A FUCKIN' SPACESUIT, WHICH IS NOT WHAT THE NX WILL ACTUALLY BE FUCKIN LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I had no idea people think the 2D Pikmin looks bad?! It looks awesome?!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

All these shaken up formulas and I still don't have the fully 3D open world Pokemon game that child me dreamed of while playing Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap. Unforgivable.

The fully 3D open world Pokémon is Pokémon GO and the map is real life. Will you never be satisfied?!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's good for couch co-op.

The later worlds and the secret levels really are not though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

... lol ok :jerkbag:

Kurtofan posted:

prepare urself for a spoopy halloween....

Does this broad do anything but make obvious guesses?

Fireant posted:

Forbes: NX Likely to be delayed
- Source: Ronald Reagan's corpse

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/09/13/the-nintendo-nx-seems-like-its-on-track-for-a-delay/#7eebb4e30703

Pack it up boys, close the thread, smoke NX if you got em.

Jesus fuckin Christ

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Eh, I knew I shouldn't have said that. But really. None of these fucks know anything, they're just making poo poo up!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I think my Nintendo Cross name theory is more realistic than 99% of predictions out there.

All of the predictions in this thread are plausible.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Miiverse is a blessed gift from Iwata directly to us.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm probably gonna get a 3DS soon. I hear that one has more then ten good games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

greatn posted:

You did the wrong thing because new tv season is about to premier, your wife is at a conference, you got your three year old home. It requires both screens so you can't do something else at the same time, you have a lot of projects at work, you're trying to make a podcast and get ready for nanorimo, when the hell will you have the time?

:yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

antidote posted:

It's about ethics in gaming religion!

:whitewater:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

But you have a Wii....

Can't attach a Game Boy Player to a Wii, son

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Buy all the consoles.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

Good luck finding the disc it needs for a non-ridiculous price.

Wasn't that hard at all actually :whatup:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nintendo is doomed and video games are over forever. Enjoy them while you can, fellow gamers.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am going to buy and play the Nintendo NX.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Nintendo Konkey Dong

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Decus posted:

Nintendo just got done getting burned on putting 3D on a handheld and an expensive screen on a controller. I don't think they'll touch VR or anything that would massively impact the production cost of their console/handheld.

Yeah their extremely successful handheld system sure burned them :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

My hands get kinda warm sometimes when I play it for hours, with the 3D all the way up. :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

~Coxy posted:

They had to massively drop the price soon after launch because the lovely 3D gimmick was not enticing buyers to pay a premium.
The lenticular screen also increased the cost of the BOM and they had to release a cut down edition that was 2D only.
It's also likely the cause of all the problems sourcing the LCD screens and therefore console roulette.

Whether it's the "generation handheld sales leader" or not is irrelevant; the 3DS is far less successful than the DS was.

This person is talking about a fun computer toy that shoots holograms directly into your eyes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

zolthorg posted:

there is a mobile app coming from dena and thats it. the series is dead

Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's most consistent money makers so maybe you don't know what the hell you're talking about for a change??

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

zolthorg posted:

the team is busy on splatoon and the last game they put out was happy-nihilism-designer which had some trivial interior decorating improvements but nothing mattered. we know theres an app coming and it potentially is going to be fake feeling social features and daily gashapon trash like miitomo.

theyve even given up on the joy of interacting with the world with th public works projects and with the selling you villagers as amiibo card gachapon trading pack microtransactions where you get to just tap and pick your villagers like a dictator

i bought my wii u months before smash because "this animal crossing plaza thing is out so the animal crossing game MUST be out soon" but after playing hhd and new leaf i stopped caring

when the team doesnt have to make essentially the same game every four years they came up with splatoon which has all the world and life charm of the ac series but also meaningful gameplay

There will be more Animal
Crossing games, because they make Nintendo a lot of money. :geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Super Mario Run is coming. Nintendo is putting all of their resources into Mario phone games now. Mario is dead.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

There's a mini Nintendo Direct coming about Dead Gay Animal Crossing coming soon so I don't think they'll tie any of those announcements to NX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I got all the achievements in Fez and the secret hidden thing and I bought the soundtrack because I liked it.

• Locked thread