Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Larrymer posted:

Just realized there isn't an ethernet port on the dock. Add on one more accessory that's $50.

actually its 29.99 (i forget where i saw it listed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

counterpoint: i think the nintendo switch is good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

why is netflix a requirement for online street fightin?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if purchasing the nintendo switch leads to me sucking dicks at olive garden, i dont see that as a negative

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

You can play switch while you do it!!!

nintendo has saved gayming

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

nintendo's trap of putting good games out on their latest console is pretty devious imo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i dont really think there's going to be a shortage of controllers but if there is, congrats on ytour savvy business strategy

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

add pro controller to that list of complaints that cannot be discussed because they are too insignificant i guess

arent we discussing it right now? some people like it, some dont

edit: can you show me this list

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

it was that one a few pages back where someone posted all the things that suck about the system and was like wow look at all these quibbles goons are FROTHING AT THE MOUTH ABOUT

heh triggered much?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

Japanese developers talk about the Switch and it's like reading some bizarro version of what I'm seeing on western sites. They all seem to agree that HD rumble is great and that the system is incredibly cheap.

i dont know if japanese game developers are comparable to western nintenerds

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

there was a reggie interview where they covered this already. he said that the switch allows this but its up to developers to decide what to do with it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im going to visit nesplay.com on my switch. the hacker collective 4chan will make this so

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

my friend had a sega and we played a poo poo load of sonic 2, nba jam and streets of rage. sonic mania is going to own

Cicero posted:

Yeah I never understood this about 2D Sonic games. The whole shtick is going really fast, but you can't see enough of the level to go really fast without dying unless you've already memorized the level. It's completely self-defeating, like if every time you jumped in a Mario game the screen drunk-wobbled all over the place.

this is because you gave up after your first game over. a real gaming fail right here, folks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

just a friendly protip to all my gamer bros out there. when the screen says game over, you can play again

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Cicero posted:

No, I enjoyed them well enough on my game gear, it still seems dumb though to basically require memorization.

:doh:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

:nms:https://i.imgur.com/Bp3nk19.png:nms:

This is amazing in the most terrible way

fnaf 6 looking sweet in 3d

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

now that i know about some nutso's fan-wank spin off sonic characters, im sad they wont be featured in sonic mania on the nintendo switch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

here's an extreme opinion: nintendo switch? good.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

do you think a scourge palette sonic will be available in mk8 on the switch?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

it'll be right there with the other character palette swaps in Mario Kart who aren't Yoshi or Shy Guy.

But in all seriousness judging from Smash Sega is allergic to versions of Sonic who aren't some shade of blue.

Not that he'd like

be in MK at all though

are you sure? he seems important to the sonic franchise. can someone tweet sega about this

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Sonic will never be in Mario Kart, let alone characters from his drat spin offs that they don't use anymore.

alright. keep us abreast of any other silly sonic fandom poo poo no one cares about

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its about the sonic fandom

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

please dont let stux troll you so easily, nintendo thread

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Auron posted:

I sincerely hope it does better than the Wii U (it will), but Nintendo is making a lot of the same mistakes they made with the Wii U.

care to elaborate? i see nintendo fixing their previous mistakes. the demos are a great touch marketing wise. having the waggle stuff augment their first party games instead of be mandatory is another example

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cant wait for my dead, gay console

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i sure hope someone makes a good collectible card game for the switch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

BigBadBrewsta posted:

This is a really good point, and your math is actually selling it short. A Joy-Con set is $80 and a charging grip is $30. (You can't buy the non-charging grip that comes with the system.) The Nintendo Switch Dock Set is $90. All of those accessories take you to $200.

If you were planning on buying a Dock Set, a Joy-Con set, and a charging grip, then you can buy a second system and get a second Switch console for essentially $100.

hell, im throwing money away by NOT buying a second nintendo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Buying two switches just to get another dock and set of joycons seems a bit nuts to me.

think of how much money you're going to save :peanut:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

grey joycons holders will have the last laugh when the blues and reds fade into vomit green and salmon

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 17, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

What is even the point of Splatoon if I won't be able to see hand-drawn memes in it anymore

being good at the dynamo roller and reading complaints about it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

well why not posted:

Fast RMX is looking really cool. 1080p, 60fps. It's like F-Zero but you ~switch~ your car between two colours to collect matched pickups and hit boost pads. So when you're pink you only want to hit pink items. Blunty has a vid on it. Definitely interesting.

ive been eyeballing this and redout. i think redout wins cause of the superior music in it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

nintendo fans will defend this outrage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

my preorder remains preordered and i have a solution to the desync problem. use the controller cable extension or sit closer to the tv like you did when you were a kid

• Locked thread