Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nintendo, at the beginning of 2016.

"Okay so we've all agreed the new name is going to be the Neo Scorpio, right? No way in hell we need to change anything."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

UE4 is coming to the Wii U but only because of the Bloodstained kickstarter and it'll be so late as to be worthless for anyone else.

I believe there was a stretch goal where they were getting Armature studio to handle getting it on Wii U and Vita just so the game could be ported to there.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NintenPinto.

You can dock it but I wouldn't recommend it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I press the power button on my brand new NX and oh my god, what is that, is that what I think... it is! It's R.O.B., it's just transformed into R.O.B. my robotic operating buddy, he's sliding out of my entertainment center and he's following me around and I can finally play Gyromite NX by walking him around my neighborhood, and his laser cannon will take out the bullies at school, it is amazing, god bless Nintendo!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The people that would have bought Pokemon on a phone are playing Pokemon Go and happier for its simplicity.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

A lot of people went and bought real Pokemon games after being disappointed by Pokemon Go.

Yes, the same people that never stopped paying attention to the mainline games in the first place.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX will include Kinect like voice commands.

"Letsa go!" turns on the system, "Itsa me!" logs you in to the Nintendo network, and "I'm da winner!" brings up your new Nintendo Awards list so you can count your sick gamerscore.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

What happens if I say "OH YEAH, WARIO TIME"

You login in to player 3, where the themes are upside down and you can steal other player's cheevos.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Then shouldn't the anger and Metal Gear Solid comparisons have come when the first Metroid Prime came out? Instead of now, when the fourth Metroid Prime came out and some people didn't like it because you don't get to play as the sexy babe?

If you think people weren't complaining about Metroid Prime being a first person game after no Metroid games since the Super Nintendo you're highly mistaken.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

People been talking all this time about NX... NX what? NXSF? NXMK? NXSNK? Or are you gonna tell me that Nintendo characters are going to fight Tekken characters? Nintendo cross Tekken would be stupid!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Where were you during the debacle?

At the store, buying a Wii U.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX comes with coupons for hugs, it's one downfall.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX will use phones as cartridges and then Amiibo for the create a character.

Put in your Razr and Samus amiibo for... nothing, they're both dead!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Mario 2 is on the iPhone Nintendo just hit the Doki Doki Panic button.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

The NX will absorb any console it comes into contact with, gaining the strength of it.

Noow I'VE got your console exclusive!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Chernabog posted:

Will the NX have a headphone jack?

It has a car jack, because again the NX is a car.

Doesn't come with jumper cables though, 'cause Nintendo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX, well, it's simply to die for.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sony already stole their idea, it was called the Vita TV.

NX will just have a screen on it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ni-oh, now coming out for the PS4 Pro and the NX Neo, playable with your Wii U Pro controller via a proprietary cable.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX, launching with Monster Hunter 5. The first big beastie you'll be able to sink your double giant swords into will be the Nintendrome.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nintendonx is rock snake consolemon that eventually evolves into Nintenstelx when it is announced.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

Doesn't matter, MS wants you buying Xbox games not playing old Nintendo games.

That's why the best thing in their library is Killer Instinct and Rare Replay.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Haha, you know how many famous characters this would gently caress over?

Those fuckers would do it just to take down all of anime.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

And thoroughly pointless, because the NX is powered by the same chipsets you could find in a microwave circa 1988.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It would be a difficult task to port Breath of the Wild to a system only designed to display four numbers but of course Nintendo is amazing and did it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It runs on the X7, which is the worst game in the series, and the X6, which is poorly designed but which got poo poo out in a year.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

greatn posted:

Mega Man 7 was made in like 3 months and it's great.

The port for NX has taken like 3 years and will be Retro's new game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

greatn posted:

I've heard Android actually sucks at getting out of the way.

I won't stand for such racism against our robotic friends.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's amazing that the NX could finally download more RAM and make rubes of millions of jokesters, dare I say memers, on the Internet.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pay $2.99 to see Princess' Peach, day one Smash NX DLC.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

where were you when the Nintendo Super Wii was announced at the Gamestop Expo for Only Retailers

At the store, waiting for it's midnight release.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The great NX was created solely to raise Iwata from the dead but heck, we can throw a president in there too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The fact that NX refused to show up at Sony's presser at the Tokyo Game Show is PROOF that it is actually the Scorpio, the next console from Microsoft. Legendary reveal to be announced two days from yesterday.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

As is proof with the Dreamcast, cooperating with Microsoft does not preclude cooperating with Sega.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It makes total sense, you guys are just so behind, the NX is just the subscription model for the New Nintendo Wii U Ex+ Alpha

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The only people who need to buy time are future purchasers of the NX, Nintendo's revolutionary time travel device.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've never played Paper Mario, why are people upset about this new one?

Because the Paper Mario games on N64 and Gamecube were good and then the next two were both different than those (and from each other) and the latest one is like the one just proceeding it which had really boring gameplay.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

With all the stuff people seem to be saying it does, can you really blame them? It sounds miraculous.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

People get paid to make the obliquely stupid posts I've been making in this thread.

...because word is now that the NX is a device exclusively to make shitposts and the people getting paid are Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can't hit the broad side of a barn with an NX, but you can hunt ducks, that's right, Duck Hunt NX is a launch title, hoo yeah.

• Locked thread