Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

yeah, like someone said pages ago, I don't think the NX is going to be a Transformers toy

The NX will be a figure of Megatron.
It will alternate between robot, handheld, home console, artillery canon, and cyborg Tyrannosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What is even coming out for the 3DS besides Pokemon? Goddamn, Nintendo.

Dragon Quest 7, that Oasis thing from E3.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm already seeing the exact same arguments pop up over that Pikmin spin-off they just announced today.
A lot of the comments between that, and Fed Force make it seem like the "fans" want the new titles in their series to be bad for whatever reason.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Ding ding ding ding! Why would I have hope for Metroid's future? Since the last two games were Other M and Federation Force? I simply cannot imagine having that level of optimism.

Have you even played Federation Force?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Raserys posted:

i have never cared for metroid or star fox and would much rather see cute kirby games :shrug:

:yeah:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The new Metroid and Star Fox games have their faults, but neither of them are bad games by any means.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Poor reception and low sales of a Metroid game could prevent future Metroid games from being made. Can we at least agree on that? Upon launch in Japan, it sold a little over 4000 copies the entire first week.

Metroid games have never sold that well in Japan. Especially the Prime series.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

greatn posted:

You can't die in Nintendo games anymore. If you lose enough health or fall down a pit a Lakitu will pick you up and Miyamoto shows up in the game to apologize for the inconvenience and offers to complete the game for you.

Only to avoid the lawsuits from aforementioned dying in real life.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

that guy posted:

Since Orima (I refuse to call him by his SLAVE NAME, or his "localized" name Olimar)
:yeah:

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 3, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So what is your opinion about something like Bomberman Act Zero?

To be fair, that game actually was terrible enough to live up to its anti-hype.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

why would you not put it on your wii u or computer

but nintendo is already nintendoomed

The NX's full title will take cues from all the stories and analysts and be the Nintendoomed.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm glad ios users will get to experiece NSMB fatigue now too

NSMB is such a weird franchise where the most recent one (U) is easily one of the best 2D Mario games ever made (not SMB3 or SMW good, but still really good), and yet the series is so stagnated that it's hard to give a drat about it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Based on my intensive research and analysis process, I can say with 95% accuracy that Nintendo is working on an unannounced project involving Mario.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jumpingmanjim posted:

My Uncle works at Nintendo. He molested me.

Did he use the NX to do it?

BillmasterCozb posted:

this is not the NX, the NX is not a heaping pile of dogshit that can emulate NES games
That would be the Wii.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 9, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

you own an xbone? hah

I will pick up a Bone or Scorpion whenever they finish that drat Phantom Dust reboot/remake/sequel/whatever the hell they're making it now. The Rare library is simply a fun bonus.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Patter Song posted:

Astro Boy's current owners sue all of the anime industry, are happy until Disney sues them.

But how will Disney live on when they're sued by whoever owns Felix the Cat now?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I cannot read that bit about "Olimar" being "his SLAVE NAME" without laughing.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

The fully 3D open world Pokémon is Pokémon GO and the map is real life. Will you never be satisfied?!

Considering Go is absolute dogshit in rural areas and doesn't have trading or normal battling with friends, I'd say that definitely wont be scratching any itches for me.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

There were still 3 other cardinal directions which didn't result in you getting deathclawed.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what ended up being your favorite Wii U game, thread?

1. Pikmin 3
2. Wonderful 101
3. Mario Maker
4. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
5. Splatoon

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

what are the worst or most forgettable nintendo published retail wii u games?

amiibo festival?

give me a 5 worst

I'd say Devil's Third, but the multiplayer was actually somewhat enjoyable there.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

elf help book posted:

Tomorrow! It's Happening! A Grand moment in Gaming! Pac-Man CE 2 comes out!

I completely forgot about that and am grateful for the reminder.

Also further proof that the NX wont be revealed tomorrow. Miyamoto would never allow the company to try to overshadow Pac-Man like that.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 12, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Hasn't she been wrong about this like 3 times now?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

As someone who wasted money on a Steam controller, i can safely say that's a dumb idea.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

hey do we know what the nx is yet?

Something that plays Zelda, Sonic, and Dragon Quest.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bloodychill posted:

Who even is this Michael guy, I'd never heard of him before now.

A game "analyst" who seems to be wrong 100% of the time.

He also has a major bias against Nintendo and has claimed they have been doomed every single year.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Phimosissy posted:

QUESTION

I noticed that the Amiibo in the trailer had red bases instead of black

Is this already a thing, and what does it mean?

If it's a new thing, what do you think it might mean?

The Mario series Amiibo were always red. (except the Mario Maker retro ones which are green pipes)
Likewise, the Kirby series Amiibo have blue bases.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

R.O.B.'s Amiibo is pretty much a better working version of what R.O.B. was originally supposed to do.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

The dreamcast had a dumb controller and an amazing library. RIP dreamcast.

That controller was surprisingly comfy to hold. It's biggest flaw was the terrible D-Pad placement.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

sharrrk posted:

dark moon would be so much better if it wasn't divided into missions. also if the boss battles were good, at all

The first boss battle was great. Shame the rest kinda sucked.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

MvC: Infinite is SFxT reskinned so it's guaranteed poo poo.

They haven't even shown off gameplay yet.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Now take this and have it focus on Bill's face as the joy rapidly leaves him.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

oddium posted:

and they're not going to be rogue squadron 2

This one alone saddens me immensely.
Well that and the fact that every company that was involved in the series' creation and development no longer exists today.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do not sexualize Isabelle

You're a couple years too late to get that message to Bill.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Did you somehow miss how many times FF15 was delayed?

Officially, only once.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Mario Party 11 will be revealed this week. After the negative reaction to 10, Nintendo will make the formula right.

They'll remove the cars. And motion controls. And stars. And boards. And all the mini games, except for Bowser's Big Blast.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Gamecube games surely must. I've never played a gamecube, so there'll be some I finally get to enjoy.

Any remote chance to replay Star Wars: Rogue Leader on a next-gen console is definitely going to count.

TaurusOxford posted:

It is relevant to VC discussion - people just like to hate on Jim Sterling for no real reason.

I can think of a handful of legitimate reasons, but any internet discussion on the topic will inevitably cover that up with millions of incredibly stupid reasons.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 10, 2017

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Squiddos of War the splatoon/gears of war cross-over confirmed!!!

I think you got a few details mixed up. The Gears crossover will be Gears of Wario.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did someone say Nintendo?

False alarm. They said Sega.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Finally. It's almost time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013