Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Could it be a portable console with a Steam Link-like component? That'd be neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Too weak to run Fallout 4. But at least Mario looks fun. I hope to God that motion controls are out. Edit: Mario Galaxy Remastered would be so awesome. Looks great on Dolphin.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I thought those leaked documents claimed that the dock contained extra RAM and poo poo.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Echoes' the best of the bunch. Also, Feltdroid? That's lame. Now, Claydroid on the other hand...

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Would be kinda neat if the new amiibos/whatever doubled as cart storage.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

So what does the dock do? Does it increase the resolution?

And is Zelda seriously the only AAA launch title?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Mulva posted:

Off the top of your head name the best launch titles of the PS4 and Xbone. I won't make you go back any further than that.

Most systems are lucky to launch with one good game, period. Always been the case, don't know why the gently caress people are surprised
I dunno, I think it's kinda disappointing that the only must-have launch title is a port of a game that's been in development for ever. I would've expected to get something more. Zelda + MK8 at launch would've been a killer launch.

Edit: also sad that the Switch and it's insane amount of peripherals will be too expensive I. Europe. I think I'll just get a used Wii U.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 13, 2017

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, the GC had analog triggers.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What sources?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What's this from, and do you have more? Delightful.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

But goons are never funny.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I find that dog thing a bit disgusting.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Depends on the game. Should be in the same range as Wii U games, most being around 7 GB and "big" titles somewhere between 12-20 GB.

Edit: oh sorry, misunderstood.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Renoistic posted:

I'm playing through Skyward Sword and just got to the second Fire/Din temple. I really don't know why the game is so divisive.

The only thing that has been obvectively bad so far is the constant desyncing when aiming, which is strange because swinging the sword works really well. Oh and the first desert temple which went on for much longer than it should've.

Is it because of the sky overworld? Because all Zelda worlds are pretty much empty with some 'hidden' stuff here and there.

Honestly, most complaints I've heard can be attributed to the other 3D Zelda games. Like the uninspired story, overbearing helper (Just ignore her when you don't have to answer. At least she's not that drat owl), and low enemy variety.

It's still fun with some neat uses of the Wii-mote and great bosses.

Oh, and it uses a cool time traveling gizmo for fights and puzzles long before Dishonored 2.
Hey, Skyward buddy. I got it for Wii ages ago, but I just couldn't get into it. Now I'm playing it on Dolphin (which consistently makes me upset that Nintendo never did HD remasters of SS and the Galaxy games). I honestly feel the game would have been better without the motion controls, but it's still pretty drat great.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Can I hook up an external HDD to the dock? I hope moving games between the internal/external storage and the SD card is painless.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Ah, that's a shame. But yeah, I guess we'll see it implemented at some point.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I really want a Switch, but it's roughly $415 here in Sweden. Sad!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Pruney posted:

I never had the chance to play Splatoon :~(

Also, does anyone know how Breath of the Wild will run on the Wii U? Not shelling more out for a Switch
The Wii U version hasn't been showcased in a good while, but you can probably expect mostly 30 fps at 720p, with frequent slowdowns when a bunch of stuff is happening.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Out of the two, I've had a lot more fun with Fast Racing Neo. It's clean, fast as poo poo (but remains readable!) and the boost mechanic works very well; it's a simple change to an old formula that actually feels pretty natural.

RedOut looks snazzier, but I think the heavy post-processing is very distracting. Biggest reason I don't particularly enjoy the game is the lack of split-screen multiplayer. I think any racing game without couch multiplayer is a bit of a bummer. Man.

Fast Racing Neo is really only missing a robust career mode and vehicle customization. It's unfortunately very lean in those areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

RMX has couch multiplayer, Readout doesn't. Geez.

• Locked thread