Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Here is another video of Desync without any obstruction what so ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6w536jv1g8

16:44.

FYI: Now they are talking about latency input issues from a distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
It is looking like the farther away you are from the dock, an increase in input latency corresponds.

Input lag measuring in a few seconds at a distance of 11 feet.

Jesus Christ. How the hell is that even possible? What did they do to this thing?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

The issue of distance was always noted to be a factor, and on top of that we can't fully see his hands.

Dude.

10 feet and input latency is hitting over 1000ms from that video. The user is complaining of 5 second input latency and appears to be (Estimating generously here) 13 feet away. Where is the dock? Who cares! It's inexcusable and this severely hampers any docked experience 10 fold. It's outright broken past 10 feet. And probably annoying as gently caress at 7-10.

Issue of distance was always noted to be a factor with input latency starting noticeably at 10 feet away?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

I meant that the issue of distance was brought up since the discussion about this issue came up this morning.

Ok so... Lets some this all up.

1) Online requires a second device and is in beta until the fall.
2) No VC
3) No Apps
4) Expensive as gently caress accessories
5) Very limited game line up (Expected)
6) poo poo battery life on portable (Expected)
7) A subscription to said online in the fall with one free game to play for a month and then it's gone forever and you have to buy it.
8) Account sharing with multiple switch consoles in the house cannot share software titles as eshop purchases are tied to the console once purchased.

But now...

9) Don't sit more than 7 feet from your screen if you do not want to put up with 300-400ms input lag and don't plan at more than 10 feet or experience desync issues.

Coffin meet nail.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Ohtsam posted:

Also Utnayans done this before where there is a product with a flaw and then he starts bashing it while acting like he has insider information

Dude. You can't control the game past loving 10 feet.

Just a minor flaw though :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

LethalGeek posted:

Pretty much what I'd expect to happen

The only way this is getting fixed at launch is a loving coupon taped to the box for a new free controller.

• Locked thread