Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah YCS circa 2007/8 was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SNES magazines at the time would give lower marks to games they deemed to just be Megadrive, PC Engine or Amiga ports that didn't take any advantage of the hardware.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Two in the dock, one in the pocket

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wicka posted:

the dreamcast was the best console and was defeated purely by sony's superior hype machine. i will go to my grave believing this.

It was beaten by Sega's idiocy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope not because Westworld is a great loving film.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DoctorWhat posted:

It's not about paying attention, it's about ensuring that the portable version of the game remains feature-complete and the primary platform because I take the subway for two+ hours every day and when I'm home I'd rather play lying in bed or reclined on the couch than sitting up straight peering at a TV.

You can actually recline on a couch and watch TV at the same time

#lifehacks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My couch was free and smells a bit weird but I still enjoy sitting on it to play games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

greatn posted:

I just hope Zelda comes out before the loving nukes fall.

30 seconds before

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Isn't the obvious "big name" Madden? That would seem to make the most sense.

FIFA makes more money everywhere except the US.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally Mario leaps on the Knuckles Chaotix bandwagon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah I meant Luigi's Mansion is two games a decade apart :v: I actually never played the original but I quite like Dark Moon! I'd like it a lot more if it didn't kick me out of the level every time I reach a goal though.

You should play the original then since it's doesn't do that and it's just one big area to explore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

XCX is good if you like exploring places and killing big monsters, if you actually care about story or characters in your JRPG forget about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Supercar Gautier posted:

Look maybe your sense of "too horny" is calibrated differently than mine, but to me this is objectively "you're too horny, log off"

Looks normal to me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being short doesn't stop her from also being ripped

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it means they get rid of the awful loading times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The new versions are going to be loading from either a HD or a Switch cart which should improve them by nature but who knows.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No that was FF15. At least it was definitely that, they may also have had to do it with NMS as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheetos got old hat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not ironic lots of people genuinely enjoyed the game, including me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's also the name of a famous Kurosawa movie set during the sengoku period :tinfoil:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No because I don't want to have buy a Smash Bros game for the only mode I would care about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unlikely unless they actually had a full Musou game with the same amount of content as HW hidden away in a Smash game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mario's Ambition

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Every mobile game I've played has some form of online component that freaks out if you're not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's actual scarcity though not an artificial one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sega also shut down and effectively obliterated from the internet the really cool Streets of Rage 1+2 remix/update.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll be amazed if Nintendo finally gets rid of region locks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Finally? only the DSi and 3DS had region locks.

Every console they've made has had some form of region protection apart from the earlier handhelds and they decided that wasn't good enough and added it to them too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

I will break the tabs on your switch, if you want it to be region free.

The EU SNES had active region protection, I guess because the carts were the same shape as the Super Famicom.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

zolthorg posted:

Preorders always go up right after announcement streams like this don't be a loving moron

:ironicat:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No that was to you calling someone else a loving moron

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pomp posted:

there is no noteworthy exclusive for the thing except bloodborne, unless you like console shooters (lol) or reeeeaaaaaallllllly like uncharted rollercoasters.

At least until Persona 5.

Gen sucks.

Yakuza 0, Kiwami and 6

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Takoluka posted:

Guys, I'm worried that when the Switch comes out, my Wii U is going to brick immediately and then hurl itself off my balcony, much like how my PS3 literally exploded when the PS4 was announced.

My PS3 actually did :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The framerate is fine outside of the start of one area

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only time you can be killed in one hit is if you're refusing to level vit or doing defiled dungeons. I never noticed slowdown in those fights tbh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soul Glo posted:

Bloodborne is excellent

Nintendo should get the next Miyazaki game on the Switch imo

Would also buy that rumored Switch DaS collection

I would prefer a remake of Demon's but that's not gonna happen on Switch. I'll buy the collection if DS1 had a stable framerate without having to mess around with a third party programme.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Isn't God Eater basically the same thing?

God Eater is Bamco, you're thinking of Freedom Wars maybe?
Toukiden 2 is the only open world MH style game so far anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Captain Toad is charming but it's really shallow and I don't know how they could possibly make a (console) followup without changing it into something else.

Turn your monitor on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He kicks a mean shell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bean posted:

I love my vita, it's so nice. But I'm still openly bitter about not getting I Am Setsuna for Vita.

You're not really missing much and are better off playing CT for the tenth time.

• Locked thread