Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I heard the cartridges only contain a Steam installer and you need to download the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Decus posted:

Why would anybody own both a PS4 and a XB1

To take advantage of all the timed exclusives for multiplat games, of course

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Chieves posted:

Seriously, does this gen have any really amazing non-Wii U games that aren't remakes?

Some of them aren't remakes.

Some are sequels with the exact same engine and probably assets as last year's game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

There are current gen emulators. It's called "buy the game on Steam."

Gaming computers are super expensive and nobody can solve the Lemarchand's box that is building a computer.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

None of those old games are real games. Not without hours of cutscenes penned by great writers such as David Cage

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

"There hasn't been a good Nintendo game since that one game I liked when I was 12 years old." - some 30+ year old goon that thinks Fallout 4 is good probably

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bass Bottles posted:

Speaking of Xbox, though

Nintendo should take Microsoft up on the offer to allow cross-play. Like, imagine if Switch and Xbox COD could play together. Suddenly buying the Switch version isn't an insane idea?? Some people might even double-dip for portability.

Never gonna happen but it would be smart.

Consoles are all about service ecosystems now, not game exclusives or power. The money is in subscription-based services, so your choices are Sony's multimedia ecosystem or Microsoft's weird Windows 10 ecosystem. Paying for the ability to play multiplayer games online is just an extension to that business model. Why would Microsoft or Sony want to play cross-play with each other when they can coax people to play in their own sandbox?

I wonder if Nintendo will get in on that monthly subscription model for online stuff.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 23, 2016

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

My uncle works at GameStop and says their location in Dumpwater, Florida will only have one switch. A hickory switch.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

A cool drat horse posted:

It's amazing to me that the posters on this forum hate video games so much yet still definitely spend 9000000 hours a week playing them.

I'm a PC gamer and my favorite game on the PC is Hate Post About Video Games

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bass Bottles posted:

What would good online look like?

What features, etc?

A choice between IPX or TCPIP as my communication method. Also, to be able to type the net address or modem phone number of the game I want to join.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Another nail in the coffin made out of nothing but nails. A coffin the size of a small country.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Now imagine if Nintendo creates a MOBA using all their characters.

It would probably be like Heroes of the Storm and nobody would play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively just buy Nintendo brand accessories :shrug:

Buy lovely third-party controllers so when your friends come over to play, they get the lovely third-party controller. Don't break tradition.

• Locked thread