Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'll try and preorder on Amazon and then I'll go to GameStop and if I can get a gamestopborder I'll then cancel my Amazon one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Australia isn't a country it's a mistake where the entire government is somehow worse then Donald Trump. It's why the rest of the world punishes it by making it pay inflated prices and forces its citizens to eat vegemite

Edit: I hate iPhone auto correct bullshit

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 12, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will only carry my Switch around in one of those baby carriers that straps to your chest

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Six AM posted:

What the hell is an nes mini and why wouldnt the availability of all other consoles of the same tier make me think the switch wont be super super super easy to buy whenever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

On release day all of Australia's Switch's will be put in the pouches of kangaroos and you'll have to fight one to get it preorder or not

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mister Prime Minister! The game store is calling! They say they don't have enough Switches to fill your preorder!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Once I get my Switch you're all invited over to my roof

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

RZA Encryption posted:

I can't believe the whole roof thing blew up so much. Like, it's not unrealistic at all if you live in a city.

I think it's more that it's was goofy to see someone bring a Switch to one much like it was goofy to see guys playing basketball stopping to then play basketball on their Switch. Nothing bad just marketing is goofy for everything video game related

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There last ten minutes are dragging

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The entire theater is being hypnotized by these beats and lights

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

COUNTDOOOOWN

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will be disappointed if the console does not make that sound

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

loving christ that translator is like the boom goes the dynamite guy

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does BestBuy charge the full amount up front or not until it ships?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I went back and watched that Suda51 part and I still don't know what the gently caress he was announcing. The translator just stops mid sentence over and over nothing made sense

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I know people were lol ice cubes but each joycon having haptic feed back is pretty cool imo and now that the patent troll who had it shoved up their rear end was told to gently caress off I hope we'll see more of it

Also my local small town GameStop in Rhode Island has a allotment of 25 units I think anyone who wants to preorder today should be good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Didn't everyone predict the price to be between 250-300 anyway?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only one we know for sure is Zelda. Nothing else had a release date or a hint of one besides Mario which is, unsurprisingly, going to be a holiday 2017 game and an expected early summer/late spring launch of Splatoon: 2 Kid 2 Squid

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Arms is not a launch game. It is scheduled for Spring 2017

I...I just got why this is the perfect release window for ARMS :stare:

anatomi posted:

So what does the dock do? Does it increase the resolution?

And is Zelda seriously the only AAA launch title?

Dock allows the Switch to go full power mode since it doesn't have to worry about battery life

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

well why not posted:

I placed my preorder on amazon UK, I got an email saying it's arriving March 3. I've never preordered anything off of Amazon, how does this usually work? Their site is now saying they've sold their allotment, does my email mean I'm certain to get it early March?

Usually Amazon will ship their preorders in such a way to have packages arrive on release day

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think ARMS is gonna turn out to be really fun :shrug: Splatoon got the same "what the hell is this weird poo poo" when it was first shown too. Hoping the TreeHouse shows more of it today cause I'm getting some big Punch Out vibes from it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I thought the GameCube had them though?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The dock literally has a tiny black hole inside of it. It's mass is so great you need a four foot thick slab of steel to put it on or it'll punch right through your floor and swallow your entire house

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Louisgod posted:

yes yes, I'm sure the crowd of 20 somethings wearing Nintendo gear that also asked to pre-order Zelda and a bunch of accessories are there to flip that poo poo.

I, a person on the internet, do not want thing. Therefore anyone getting thing is doing so for reasons other than wanting thing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If they every did a Waluigi game I hope it would be a game in which you sneak and use stealth to break into locations as a master theif to steal gold/art while avoiding guards and security systems

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Utnayan posted:

Oh no. Trust me. I call out shitbag shills like you. All it takes is for anyone here to look at your post history. How's that paycheck.

congrats on making this years "gaming ambrosia" posts!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Utnayan posted:

We have a problem with some shitbags here. It's become a target for 3rd party marketing shills for a long time. Shouting down everything and continuing on trying to build popularity with even the most astounding gently caress ups. In this case, we have the truth. The truth is this: Nintendo done hosed up beyond cataclysmic proportions and any goon with an ounce of a brain knows it. Nothing can shout it down this time.

1) A console that doesn't have the power to toast my loving bagel.
2) Continues progress to try and recapture the Wii market with motion controls when we have all moved on.
3) Battery life that makes a Dell Inspiron 5500 look like a nuclear power plant.
4) An online service that fucks with the standard of what we are given in value with PS Plus and Xbox live.
5) One game that everyone wants to play that runs better on a console launched 5 years ago.
6) A side controller that may fit the hands of Tyroin Lannister.
7) A poo poo line up of poo poo games aside from Zelda. Albeit no mention of the poo poo they should have launched with. Mario, Metroid, Pilot wings, Animal Crossing, a new Castlevania. An updated and fun Jackyl. A new Contra. The legacy of IP's missing here is loving astounding.
8) Lack of even an EXTERNAL loving HARD DRIVE SUPPORT.
9) An online service that is based on Discord on a loving SMART PHONE. THAT DOESN'T LIVE ON THE CONSOLE.

I thought these guys hosed up more than ever possible in the N64 days with their poo poo 3rd party licensing fees. They are JUST NOW, realizing how important 3rd party is in the hardware business. STILL TRYING TO MAKE MONEY ON HARDWARE. That hasn't been the loving profit center since the Atari 2600! Loss lead the hardware to build a base and sell software based on 3rd party licensing and a strong 1st party line up? They done hosed that up YET AGAIN. A box which costs about 56 bucks to make based on the tech and trying to make money on antiquated silicon we haven't seen since 2007. The games suffer. 3rd party support suffers. EVERYONE SUFFERS.

Jesus gently caress. Who runs this poo poo show?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I thought this was funny at first but I think we seriously might be antagonizing someone with a mental illness now?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ARMS looks really fun but so far we've only seen five fighters. If that's the entire roster of punching people I'll probably end up passing on it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They've said that's just the demo roster.

Oh awesome then I'm on board!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

youcallthatatwist posted:

why are people still engaging with utnayan. like at this point it's obvious they just want to yell and aren't listening to anyone. why bother debating with someone who can't fathom why someone would enjoy nintendo without being a paid shill

WHO PAID YOU TO SAY THIS?! THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The biggest loss with Miiverse is I will no longer be able to get reviews on water. How will I know if the water in a game looks good? This is incredibly important

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Planes already have them!

As do trains!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Med School posted:

It's like a girlfriend, or boyfriend, who is a world class rear end in a top hat, but the sex is so good you will basically take any horrible behavior they throw at you. It's like that, except with old Japanese men making business decisions.

I can have sex with my Nintendo Switch as either dom or sub. Confirm/deny.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wait wait wait. I stopped paying attention to the posts that read like a crazy person ranting on a street corner. Was someone actually arguing that the device is doomed for not having a Disc player in 2017? fukkin lmao

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just stop replying to Utnayan at this point. He's been probated again for being completely insane. His entire rap sheet is probates for having rambling meltdowns like the one that just took up like 50 loving pages

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The translator seriously sounded like the "Boom goes the dynamite" guy went into the translating business

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Travis Touchdown isn't the hero video games need but the ones it deserves

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The biggest issue with GTAV's weird select two parents to get a look for your character was it made it impossible for me to make Travis Touchdown imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You just know Soda would try to make the HD Rumble feel as close to jerking off as possible when recharging your laser sword

• Locked thread