Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

John Cena is actually helping out advertise the switch what the gently caress?

Source

This actually isn't surprising cause John Cena (like a lot of pro wrestlers) is a huge loving nerd and he loves Nintendo. I kind of hope we get The New Day doing Switch promos next

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The GameStop I preordered at is doing a midnight launch so that's pretty cool

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm pretty sure we've had multiple posts now explaining why it's impossible for the Switch to have better battery life at current battery tech levels with its size at this point. Like until we figure out a better form of battery what the Switch has is the best case scenario

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Down in the single digits now. Replace the monolith with the Switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9woRJ7-mD7Y

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If Zelda is bad I'm buying a PS4

But what if Zelda is....good?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm reading some of these previews and some of the complaints are really odd. Here's one example is Engadget:

Engadget posted:

Most of the time, you'll be holding it with the two Joy-Con controllers attached to its sides, which makes it a bit awkward to wield with one hand. That's not much of a problem, though, since it balances nicely when you're gripping it with two hands like a game controller.

If you use one hand to use anything designed for two I imagine it would be awkward?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Lot of people angry over at NeoGaf about no activity log so they can see how long they've played a game. Was that a thing on past consoles?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There wasn't any reports of a desync issue at any of the events and that had a poo poo tin of interference. I wonder what could be causing it for a few of the preview journalists

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

If you poo poo your enemy's pants, they win.

I smell a new hit multiplayer indie game for YouTubers to play!

It smells like poo poo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Switch's battery is actually pretty large so to charge in three hours it has to pull a lot of power. Slapping a USB C to micro adapter on a phone cord or a battery block meant for phones isn't going to cut it really. Once the size of the battery was known that should've been expected

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm just hoping eventually we'll get something Miiverse like. With an actual decent capacitive screen I'd love to see some of the art people could push out with what they were able to create on the WiiU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SirPenguin posted:

Regardless of how you feel or how confident you are it can be fixed, it's completely bananas that Nintendo has been radio silent over this controller thing

Embargoes exist so everyone can talk about a thing at once, and literally all anyone on the internet can talk about is this problem. If they had known about this - and they had to have, given how easy it is to reproduce - they should have had their fingers on the PR trigger

It was literally discovered earlier today. Any statement by a company is gonna take a day or two to come out since it needs to be run through the PR machine

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The HD Rumble can target certain areas of your prostate to maximize pleasure

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That's ten pages an hour we can do this. Quick someone say they're paid by Nintendo to post good stuff about the Switch here and we'll blast past 1000 pages in no time

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Nintendo has paid me to say good things about them

In fun

Utnayan! Utnayan look! A Nintendo shill!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

For the curious, how would a day 1 patch be able to fix the issue?

A lot of bluetooth modules have their strength set by the firmware on the device. Something like this could be easily fixed by a simple firmware update in a day one patch if the same applies to either the bluetooth in the switch, the joycons, or both. In fact it's happened before such as the PS3 and PS4 where firmware patches had to be sent to their controllers to up the strength of their bluetooth due to desync and laggy input issues. So this isn't exactly an unheard of situation

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We're falling behind out quota here people. We still need 19 more pages

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If I strap a joycon to my dong will my massive erection block the signal

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm bummed Shovel Knight isn't getting a physical release. It's like the perfect game to put on a cartridge

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gotta say Nintendo dropped the ball here

That's some big time skeltal disrespect Nintendo that ain't cool you can't do stuff like that it's 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

Preorders for the WaterField Switch case will go live tonight at 9 6PM PST.

https://www.sfbags.com/pages/waterfield-nintendo-switch-case?platform=hootsuite

Looks neat but that seems awfully tight on the joysticks

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is the only perfect thread

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want another live session of Suda 51 breaking another poor translator. Like we need to feed him a steady supply of translators to break over his knee so he can use their stolen will to make No More Hero's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like how the preview pictures goes from laptops and tablets to how many pistol magazines and the size gun you can stuff in it

• Locked thread