Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Data - He is literally a computer. Then again, he wants to be more human whereas I think many YOSPOSters want to me more computer. Interesting. He also has a "catte"

Lieutenant Commander (later Commander, and later Captain) Montgomery Scott of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) and USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) - This guy is pretty YOSPOS. Really works the full stack and is a big fatso to boot. Pretty drat YOSPOS. If they had Jorts on the Enterprise, heh, he'd have em.

Lieutenant (later Lieutenant Commander) Geordi La Forge of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) and the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E) - This guy had sex with a AI babe on the holodeck and was a real creeper. pretty drat YOSPOS in my mind, since he did it with the holo-chick. Not to mention he *starts giggling* could never get laid. Pretty drat YOSPOS.

Senior Chief Petty Officer Miles O'Brien of the USS Defiant, also chief of operations of Deep Space 9 - This guy had an Asian Wife. That's loving YOSPOS as hell. San Francisco Style.

Lieutenant junior grade B'Elanna Torres of the USS Voyager - Stupid Bitch. Not very YOSPOS. Not to mention she was really strong. Although, maybe she's ;like a Buff Brogrammer? She was really strong.

Some alternatives:

As some of us get later in our careers, we are (unwilingly!) co-opted into management positions.

-Picard: Basically a nerdlinger. Reminds me of Star Wars Sex Parriot. The rtules are very important.

- noonien soong - this guy is a programmer and epic engineer. Hes also OLD AS HELL, basically Rotor. I bet he used a CNC machine to make DATA! Rotor!

- tar Monster that killed Tasha Yarr - Basically a manchild who killed a woman. Reiser FS anyone? This guy wouild paint Warhammer models and jack off to hentai I bet.

- that dude who drank kanaar a lot - YOSPOSTERS love to DRINK! If we had Kanar, I bed we'd drink it! YOSPOS BITCH!

- captain Kirk - reminds me of Tori CMos. Really cool and charismatic. Totally awesome and revered by all. Basically the most boss hoss in the fleet. if his DB SCHEMA was under attack he could do the thing where the enterprise seperates into the stupid engine thing and the disc and then do a sick battle move where they attack from different angles and pwn some fools.

EDIT:
7 of Nine. she si a ROBOT who has no social skills, pretty drat YOSPOS.

heres a song to listent o whiel u ruminate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrQaXNsvnQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Gold Pressed Latinum-Mine

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
broccoli

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

persis khambatta

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
gotta be barclay, or the doctor. neuroses ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Q because he has root access

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

its wesley you loving idiots

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

didnt this thread used to mention star wars also? c-3p0 is a nerd who annoys everyone he talks to. thats p yospos

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
7 of 9 has b1g br0g b00bs

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

emoji posted:

7 of 9 has b1g br0g b00bs

they aren't real (see: nanites all up in dem titays)

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
goodmine immediately

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

broccoli was the most yospos because he spent all his time in the holodeck

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

broccoli was the most yospos because he spent all his time in the holodeck

had fantasies about banging his superiors

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
harry kim - total dweeb. computer janitor of voyager. no game. pretty yospos imo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

obrien since he had that white male asian female couple thing going on.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

james t kirk bc of his first name

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

harry kim - total dweeb. computer janitor of voyager. no game. pretty yospos imo

Kim and barclay probably win, yeah

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I think they are the most traditionally yospos since they are pretty boring and mostly harmless

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
it's data, op.

Data posted:

Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shaggar posted:

lol he kept getting locked out of whatever compubullshit thing they needed too

dude was so junior they didn't even give him the root password :xd:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
don't forget that geordi la forge created an incredibly hostile workplace for the engineer that literally designed the enterprise warp engines, and then basically called her a huge bitch when she yelled at him about it

also wesley crusher probably pulled more tail on the ship than geordi did lol

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
i googled "gul dukat did nothing wrong" to see if anyone made that joke already but they did, so i dont have anything to contribute to your thread op. sorry

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Its obviously barclay but since that's been covered I'll say those Bynar guys that show up for one episode in season 1:

* Spend all their time on a planet wide computer, have computers in their head
* Always hang around with other dudes
* Ultimately irrelevant, only showing up once in TNG

YOSPOS

edit: Oh right, they also programmed a sex bot for Riker to distract him, thats pretty great too

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 24, 2016

burning swine
May 26, 2004

the dumb aliens whose ship would no longer go so geordi had to beam over and clean the heads on their vcr

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the aliens who spoke binary and whose planet was a big computer that broke

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Grandpa Kirk - old, like rotor lol
Fat Data - Go easy with the cheetos haha

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

obrien won't stop posting in slack about how the LCARS guys aren't "real engineers"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FopeDush posted:

the dumb aliens whose ship would no longer go so geordi had to beam over and clean the heads on their vcr

actually their ship would go, they were just scamming the enterprise for free poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gul c'mos makes every conversation about how awesome cardassia is even though nobody cares about that has-been planet

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

something about smythe being morn I'm running out of steam here

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If u think about it, their salary makes them all p yospos. they probably all make the deece ten hundred space figs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
neelix

horrifying to look at, hairy as all hell and incredibly grating to deal with

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

neelix

horrifying to look at, hairy as all hell and incredibly grating to deal with

and on the topic of Neelix, Tuvix would be the least YOSPOS character in every way except his early demise.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

Lieutenant Commander (later Commander, and later Captain) Montgomery Scott of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) and USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) - This guy is pretty YOSPOS. Really works the full stack and is a big fatso to boot. Pretty drat YOSPOS. If they had Jorts on the Enterprise, heh, he'd have em.
scotty rocked a kilt which is even more yospos than jorts

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
why cant they make jorts with the replicator thing
maybe it enforces a dress code

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

What about those weird man miniskirts they had for like 2 episodes in season one before someone shut that idea down.

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

theres a star trek guy named broccoli?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

borg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
alley oop

• Locked thread