Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i watched man of steel when i was incarcerated and had literally nothing better to do and even then i felt like i was wasting my time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

thathonkey posted:

If youre talking about the first Blade movie and none of the sequels then i agree

yeah of course.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
another comic book premise made obsolete by watchmen

watchmen :swoon:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
everybody thinking Deadpool being a hard R was such a game changer it's like you dumb bastards Wesley nailed it in 98

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
was 1998 a real year or was it all just a dream

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
it was real that was the year dragula came out

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i try not to remember the 90's because the sequel to them ended up being awful

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
i assumed it would be bad but i hoped it wouldn't be so that sucks

there's a nugget of a good concept in there. after superman powerbombed michael shannon through fifty 9-11s worth of skyscrapers and then violently snapped his neck, you could tell a pretty good story about batman reacting to that nonsense and then them learning from each other and then loving

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
you can never tell a good story with superman because hes the worst other than maybe that one comic where lex luthor tricks him into getting superman cancer and he is dying all star was it??

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Breaking news Zack Snyder makes a bad movie, dozens expressed mild surprise

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I also liked him in the run where its about all the justice leaguers being old timers in the world where super humans are in their second generation and running wild loving poo poo up because they are just duking it out in the streets and theres so drat many of them can't remember the name the art was so crazy for that made me kind of queasy to read it in a good way

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Shaquin posted:

you can never tell a good story with superman because hes the worst other than maybe that one comic where lex luthor tricks him into getting superman cancer and he is dying all star was it??

all star yeah. he and batman dont gently caress in that one though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Whose permission would I need to use this as my av?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Marshall Louis posted:

Whose permission would I need to use this as my av?

Dick Comics, acting CEO of DC Comics

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Batman's motive makes sense at the beginning, but after a certain point even Alfred's like "dude this is retarded have you even tried talking to him?" And then Superman tries talking to him, gets upset and flings Batman/Power Armor forty yards away. Just lovely negotiators, these two.

There are cameos of Flash and Aquaman, and holy :lol: are they great. Security footage of The Guy Who Is The Flash (no costume) trying to choose a gallon of milk before saving a convenience store owner being robbed at gunpoint. Aquaman's is remote submarine footage approaching an undersea wreck, before a pair of glowing eyes swim out from the darkness inside. BOOM, Aquaman swims up to the submarine, hair flowing magnificently in the water, before....waiting like 30 seconds to do anything, and then using his trident to...I dunno, punch the sub or something. Riveting.

Also Lex Luthor knows who everybody is the whole time, I guess? Or figures it out offscreen? I dunno.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
why did they let ben affleck be kind of fat for this or is it just that he looks chub when jacked

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Shaquin posted:

indeed in the high brow field of "big name comic book movie" it is a true upset when they turn out to be horrible garbage and is certainly not just what all of them are intrinsically

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shaquin posted:

why did they let ben affleck be kind of fat for this or is it just that he looks chub when jacked

There's a scene where he works out even MORE to prep for his fight with Superman. He doesn't look chub in it. Maybe that scene was added just for you.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

There's a scene where he works out even MORE to prep for his fight with Superman. He doesn't look chub in it. Maybe that scene was added just for you.

he just looked kinda fat in the armor in the preview

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
the armor is essentially just a decorative plot device to silence nerds who'd scream "BATMAN COULDN'T TAKE A PUNCH FROM ANGRY SUPERMAN." There's nothing special about it at all aside from it being armor.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
shoulda been the kryptonite suit mentioned earlier giving him lethal cancer the whole time he was wearing it

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spud posted:

I am not a big comic book fan, but I never understood this one:

Batman: Normal dude who is just super rich, pretty smart, and works out a lot.

Superman: Is an alien that can fly, lift up a truck, immune to bullets, can fire lasers from his eyes

How can batman ever win?

Laser eye is such a dumbass design. Why would an alien specie evolve such a specific feature?

If Superman's eyes can kill, his jizz would have killed Lois Lane many times over. I hope Superman experiment his penis on a cheap whore first.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
the kryptonian penis gets more flaccid as arousal increases this is why his relationship with lois lane is so dysfunctional

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Since bullets bounce off him and stuff, would pegging superman even do anything? Like, would those tissues even bend enough from the pressure to stimulate?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
does batman really kill people in this movie

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm glad this movie is bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

he does also brands them with the bat symbol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i read that issue. there is a mysterious virus/affliction that makes people exploded and die in gay city and super man has to figure it out. i think he actualy pushes someone down a flight of stares were they break their neck.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

CharlestonJew posted:

Is this a problem? He's killed people in every other movie he's in except maybe Batman 66.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

whatever7 posted:

Laser eye is such a dumbass design. Why would an alien specie evolve such a specific feature?

If Superman's eyes can kill, his jizz would have killed Lois Lane many times over. I hope Superman experiment his penis on a cheap whore first.

Lois Lane has a vagina like a wizards sleeve and has to use staples to make sure her guts don't fall out

They never covered THAT in the loving comics did they? Real people, real issues.

gently caress you Superman.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
so is hawkgirl going to be in the justice league? was she in this movie?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

remember that movie where ben affleck's wife framed him for killing her man batman wtf

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

AMERICA: How nuch mpreg is in this film? How big do these fuckers get?
ZACK SNYDER: Well uhh umm...
AMERICA: I ASKED YOU A QUESTION IDIOT

Risky
May 18, 2003

Wonder Woman is sexy af and her scenes made it worth sitting through it.

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?
Ben Affleck takes a dump in his pants. Walks around in it for 2 and a half hours.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Is this a problem? He's killed people in every other movie he's in except maybe Batman 66.

yeah its like one of the core tenants of batmans character and stuff

just because other movies do it doesnt make it right

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

This movie pits the most powerful DC her character against ....superman. Batman is by far the most powerful character in the comics to the point that its laughable. Every situation that you can think of...batman has 3 solutions to winning it. Anyone he is up against, he somehow knows their secret weakness. He will be fighting random thug on the streets and he will somehow know the guys address and blood type.

Its a stupid side effect of the writers having to somehow come up with a way for batman to hang with people that can fart and put out the sun. There is zero ways that batman could win in a fight against half of the DC heroes, let alone superman unless they write some comically crazy set of events that somehow give batman the advantage.

Also this movie is looking horrible. Lex pissing in people coffee, batman killing people...but the joker is somehow alive still, the big fight is settled by superman calling out for his mommy.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 24, 2016

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?
Ben Affleck, with noticable poop bulge, stumbles around Metropolis. Various instances of regular citizens noticing it in disgust.

Culminates in confrontation with Superman at end. Ben Affleck drops stellar one liner, "Eyes up here, mister!".

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'd pay good money 2 watch ben affleck and christian bale fight each other but they have to promise no sex before i go in the theatre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
idk i can see batman beating a lot of super powered folks but i dont think it would necessarily boil down to a crass literal bout of fist fighting more of an elaborate plotted out guillotine that hes had hanging over their head the whole time

• Locked thread