Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Oh no not sandman! Oh wait, lemme zippo lighter the fire sprinklers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I still don't understand why DC doubled down on the dark grim poo poo after Man of Steel bombed. Yeah it worked for Batman but look how much more popular the Marvel films are.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It would be a better clash if Batman came from gritty and superman came from a place where his hairdo has a sparkle every time he shows up smiling

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

do comic books constantly harp on how superheroes are effectively gods and need to use their powers for good

because if i have to endure another superhero movie where the heroes have a long, shallow discussion about "responsibility," i think i am going to scream.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

also, how many times do i need to see peter parker get bitten by a spider

or see batman's parents die

or see jor-el send his son off in a rocket

i've never seen a comic book, but i think i, and the rest of the american public, have a pretty good sense of why these heroes exist.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked it as a cinematic experience, but I'm not even the most DC guy and I could tell poo poo was odd. I wouldn't blame people for disliking things and the movie. I do think Batfleck owns and so does super snarky Alfred. I am very excited for a potential solo Batman movie.

Also Michael Shannonwas very nice to come around and lay around mostly naked so much for the movie.

I also look forward to the hilarious sight people cosplaying as the Superman SS for years to come. Did have cool outfits though like a Boss.

[quote="QuoProQuid" lse has.

QuoProQuid posted:

also, how many times do i need to see peter parker get bitten by a spider

or see batman's parents die

or see jor-el send his son off in a rocket

i've never seen a comic book, but i think i, and the rest of the american public, have a pretty good sense of why these heroes exist.

Punisher War Zone and Dolph Punisher handled this better than anyone else ever has.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah its like one of the core tenants of batmans character and stuff

just because other movies do it doesnt make it right
I don't think you know what tenant means.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
batmans lame, supermans lamer, deadpools not funny or cool

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
News flash Batman has always sucked and somehow Chris Nolan made 3 good movies about him and also Rises.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
all movies are bad unless they are weekend at bernies

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

vols bitch posted:

all movies are bad unless they are weekend at bernies

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Anyone remember those DC cinematic universe promotional clips where the writers and producers were all like "this is so revolutionary", and "youll be surprised at just how interconnected these movie are". Lol fuckers are trying to act like marvel didn'the beat them to the punch.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

gfanikf posted:

I am very excited for a potential solo Batman movie.

Why? I honestly can't see him doing anything new or different that would warrant another solo movie.

Maybe a Batman: Beyond movie with crazy art style where hes just a retired old rear end in a top hat and crazy futuretech. Id probably go see that.

Henry Rollins could even play Mad Stan.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

ScrubLeague posted:

News flash Batman has always sucked and somehow Chris Nolan made 3 good movies about him and also Rises.

Newsflash none of those batman movies are good because theyre all batman movies

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

literally a hog posted:

Why? I honestly can't see him doing anything new or different that would warrant another solo movie.

Maybe a Batman: Beyond movie with crazy art style where hes just a retired old rear end in a top hat and crazy futuretech. Id probably go see that.

I'd love a movie that is 2 hours of batman being drug behind a truck while slide music plays

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

literally a hog posted:

Mostly just because I enjoyed Affleck and Irons. It could be a rather standard entry truthfully. Also Zach Snyder wouldn't direct it.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
If there are do many comic movies now then why don't they have fritz the cat back on the big screen smoking doobs and chasin birds?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Is this a problem? He's killed people in every other movie he's in except maybe Batman 66.
I'm pretty sure he punches a dehydrated henchman who was rehydrated with the wrong water so hard that he evaporates

... Huh.
Batman 89 he throws that guy off the bell tower and murders Joker with a gargoyle, Returns he pushes a clown into the sewer and then throws a bomb in after him, Forever he throws money at Two Face until he falls into a big fuckin pit, Begins he blows up the castle full of ninjas and only saves the most dangerous one, Dark Knight he dive-tackles Two-Face off a building...
I can't remember if he kills anybody in Rises or Batman & Robin tho

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Comic book movies are made for aging nerds with disposable income. Unfortunately there are a ton of them, so Hollywood keeps making GBS threads out these movies.

It amazes me how often I see thirty something year old men with Transformers decals on their cars. What the gently caress. Grow up.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Cubone posted:

I'm pretty sure he punches a dehydrated henchman who was rehydrated with the wrong water so hard that he evaporates

... Huh.
Batman 89 he throws that guy off the bell tower and murders Joker with a gargoyle, Returns he pushes a clown into the sewer and then throws a bomb in after him, Forever he throws money at Two Face until he falls into a big fuckin pit, Begins he blows up the castle full of ninjas and only saves the most dangerous one, Dark Knight he dive-tackles Two-Face off a building...
I can't remember if he kills anybody in Rises or Batman & Robin tho

He certainly killed the publics interest in seeing anymore batman movies!

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

a starwar betamax posted:

I'd love a movie that is 2 hours of batman being drug behind a truck while slide music plays

Can Henry Rollins also drive the truck while ranting about society and "the man"?

I'd go see that too.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I think here's where a 2005 goon would assert, correctly, that the best Batman movie was Mask of the Phantasm.

A CineD goon might assert, also correctly, that the best Batman movie was A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
mask of the phantasm owns batman gets cock blocked by his parents inanimate gravestone

Moltke
May 13, 2009
superhero movie bad not a surprise

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i tried looking at the CineD thread on this movie and holy moly are there a lot of people trying to convince themselves that the movie is great and the critics are wrong

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

There must be a lot of weird cognitive dissidence at the DC movie offices trying to ignore that the TV channel for tweens looking for j/o material does a better job telling stories than them.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

i tried looking at the CineD thread on this movie and holy moly are there a lot of people trying to convince themselves that the movie is great and the critics are wrong

cinema discusso is ten percent people who've got pretty good chops on good movies and ninety percent people asking you why you think so hard about anything

the book barn is exactly the same situation

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

There must be a lot of weird cognitive dissidence at the DC movie offices trying to ignore that the TV channel for tweens looking for j/o material does a better job telling stories than them.

Also the cartoon movies and the Lego batman one.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

a starwar betamax posted:

Newsflash none of those batman movies are good because theyre all batman movies

I shudder to think how you find any joy in life.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

thathonkey posted:

If youre talking about the first Blade movie and none of the sequels then i agree

blade 2 was objectively the best blade movie (3 sucked)

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Profondo Rosso posted:

blade 2 was objectively the best blade movie (3 sucked)

provocatively retarded. really avante tard work.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my brother wants to see this movie and he's really excited about it so i agreed to see it with him but just because i want to see him walk out of the theater confused about why the movie isn't good while i read nietzsche and smoke cigarettes.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Superman could just throw a stick at batman. Like, kryptonite doesn't stop twig from stabbing through your neck at supersonic speeds.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Bateman and suit man cant be bad Goons. I trust it will be good, let me present my evidence : exhibit A, they are on my doctor pepper cans and the box it comes in. Thank you, that is all.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i remember the exact moment i got tired of comics book movies it was while watching X-men Origins: Wolverine

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

whatever7 posted:

Laser eye is such a dumbass design. Why would an alien specie evolve such a specific feature?

If Superman's eyes can kill, his jizz would have killed Lois Lane many times over. I hope Superman experiment his penis on a cheap whore first.

Pull out PULL OUT CLARK

*jizz fires into and out of lois' body like a .50 cal round, severing her spine*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
batman's big secret weapon should be that his guano has high levels of potassium and makes excellent fertilizer

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm only going to see it if Batman's voice is so vocal fried and distorted that he's completely unintelligible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
.... what exactly are the powers of the bird the Robin that robin the man-boy embodies again?

• Locked thread