Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

WB just posted one of the deleted scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

It features Lex communing with Steppenwolf, Darkseid's military advisor and one of the New Gods. This likely explains why Lex is batshit crazy at the end of the film when he gets locked in prison.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppenwolf_%28comics%29

Not just the character but also the entire genre.

Uhhhhhhh jfc thats a pretty huge loving scene to excise. Extended cut may actually be pretty bonkers if this is the sort of stuff they left out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hey I did a big :effort: post in CD about why violence is usually acceptable in Marvel films but whips up all sorts of "NOT MY BATMAN!" complaints in DC films
It is a good post.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao if u like the billion dollar corporation mascot that is different than the billion dollar corporation mascot that i like. ur fuckin pathetic. ur fuckin dumb as gently caress. literal rear end in a top hat retard baby opinions u hold, forever and always. not like my cool ones which are mart.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Say Nothing posted:

Cheer up, we still have Ghostbusters to look forward to.
dont even get me started on how correct my good opinions are re: that """""film"""""

boy howdy

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey, I just realized. Why did they even need the spear when Wonder Woman's sword was able to cut Doomsdays hand off?

Seems like she could have just cut his head off

sounds like a real....bone headed move. which is what he would grow back.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

overt smack u in the face symbolism....but my special eyes noticed it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Otisburg posted:

he waits until after jimmy olsen is shot in the face to save lois.

i feel like it's simply not possible to overstate the fact that the first thing that happens in this movie that's not a flash forward or flash back or dream sequence is superman's pal, jimmy olsen, being executed by terrorists. this is snyders idea of having "fun" with the super man mythos

lol that part owned i could care less about some extra panel filler

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiberius Christ posted:

wait jimmy olsen was the guy that got shot in the face at the beginning? what the gently caress, its like DC has no respect for its own characters. will they have lana lang get raped in the next one? also its pretty funny Jenny isnt an olsen anymore, i remember the marketing droning on about her when MOS was in development.
dc has no respect for the ink and lines. why wont they respect imaginary people????

jfc theyre comic book characters. literal corporate mascots. eey whats next RAPE?? THATS BASICALLY THE SAME THING AS DISRESPECTING MY COMICS get the gently caress over it you giant baby lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiberius Christ posted:

well if jimmy wanted to be saved by superman he shouldve been fuckin him like lois

are we sure that little girl he saved in mexico wasn't someone he knew?
my biggest gripe with the saving scenes was the rooftop people. Does he just pull them up one by one? Or does he do what you do with little cousins, where you stick your arms out and they all try to latch on while you run around the yard? if he had like a giant net or something i could find it believable, idk. that part really bugged me. why not like push a huge boat around??? "borrow" Lex's yacht, and he "borrows" his mom in return basically sets up the entire movie.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maybe he drank all the water?

Edit: oh oh, I know, he used his super breath to freeze the water and they just walked to safety

pretty embarrassed I didnt think that up on my own. plot hole: grandma patched

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YESSSSSS this is the fuggin best lmao

supes got rosey cheeks hes so mad

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 1, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think we will all grow up telling stories about that time joker took over batmans twitter. the game has been changed

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol i do not understand the tubonerd's obsession with jimmy olsen can someone explain?? hes supermans friend? who gives a gently caress when superman and wonder woman are also his friend by the end of the thing? like this pissant photographer was ever supposed matter...how?

its good he died he was useless and a nothing character who could have added zero to the goings on

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If you're going to troll post in a GBS movie thread you're going to need to say something way dumber than this. This is Something Awful. Home of CineD, the dumbest and gayest forum on the internet.

drat right u know im talkin about u lmao answer the question shithead, why do you care so much abou this character? i dont know what he does in the comics

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs posted:

drat right u know im talkin about u lmao answer the question shithead, why do you care so much abou this character? i dont know what he does in the comics

that was uncalled for ur a good guy probly. i just dont get why people get so up in arms about one companys thing vs another when theyre both doing their own thing.,.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oldpainless posted:

I'm really excited for Civil War.

same

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh come on. Aren't you glad they took a risk with Indiana Jones 4, Die Hard 5, The Godfather part 3, and Terminator Gynosus?

Those movies that shook up the formula paid off in spades and were way better than the previous films which stuck to convention.

i am glad about all of those things because they are just movies. also arnold is a t1000 now so thats cool going forward

namste

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lazorexplosion posted:

BvS is like sophomoric lovely writers who hamfistedly cram attempts at subversion and allegory into their turgid bland writing with all the subtly of a chimp with a hammer and then think they're being totally smart and deep but it only makes their poo poo even more painful. A whole bunch of CD posts are also at that level so they get along really well.

yeah all this is probly true. i think the entire movie would be salvaged if it wasnt for how quickly batman went from impaling supes through the chest to smacking him on the back like "we got this, bro." and also if WW's youtube montage was an after the credits thing(or just after the big producer guys whatever idgaf) Like those two things pushed it over the edge it was tipped on.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kevin smith cried at the Flash on tv when his mom died. like actual sobbing cry tears and he posted a video of it.

but he didnt like batman v superman. daamn.. thats the most damning thing ive seen posted so far actually:stare:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

achillesforever6 posted:

Everything about the DCAU is great because its fun and has poignant moments, but also moments of levity, also its amazing the voice cast they got over the years

The evolution of Batman is great where by Batman Beyond he is the broken down bitter old man, but when Terry comes in he starts to soften up and open himself to the people he casted away.

Nothing these DC Movies do will ever top scenes like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFoPc52Kd8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8m6WxvZHmo

You take that back :argh:

Oh god you are right :negative:

if they don't 100% redo that aquaman scene in his movie i will eat my hat. it's like the ooooone time he was absolutely badass with no real way of 'lol aquaman'ing i away

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this link is pro click as gently caress

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://i.imgur.com/nWxEaWn.webm

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm still starting to think it should have been a Wonder Woman vs. Superman movie.

10 straight minutes of Superman just getting his poo poo kicked in because he won't hit a woman. Also, fill it with all sorts of little poo poo so that people can comment how she's breaking Superman down with symbols of the patriarchy. Ripping urinals off the wall and smashing them into his head. An homage of the "Hey Superman!" scene from Superman 2 ("You see, Wonder Woman is attacking Superman with a 'man'hole cover. It's really quite clever.'). Etc.

Lois shows up in stolen power suit of Lex's and goes, "Get away from him, you BITCH!"

Wonder Woman should have been introduced to the fight like an angry parent. She abandons mankind after WW1 only to return because these two dopes are going to level two entire cities with their stupid grudge match. Superman can't overpower her, Batman's kryptonite has no effect and he doesn't have the time to plan anything else.

Of course that would only work if the first hour of the movie was just SuperDickery. Batman creating fake emergencies for Superman only to have a bunch of machine guns and missile launchers pop out of manhole covers and fire on him as he arrives. Batman hangs back with a spiral ring notebook, on it listed:

-BULLETS
-MISSILES
-LASERS
-CHAINSAWS
-HUGE rear end BOULDER

as Batman works his way down the list trying to see how invulnerable Supes really is.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

And don't worry if they're under age. Michael Bay will literally pause the film to explain when, where, how, and why loving kids is legal.

In a kids movie.

About plastic car toys.

dude, it's called the ~whatever~ law! look it up!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nazy sympathizer!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
batman goes to war with superman because he wont stop smackin' dame's butts all over town.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SciFiDownBeat posted:

so gently caress directing, am I right

thats not exactly news, the Sexiest Man Alive Union has always got their members good deals. especially LA local 392

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Father Wendigo posted:

drat, a fate worse than cancellation. The Patriarchy are motherfuckers.

if u think being on cw is a fate worse than cbs u havent turned on a tv in a long time

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gradenko_2000 posted:

What would even be R-rated about it? Wonder Woman doesn't really have all that much screen time.

doomsday punch upskirt shot extended to 1.6s(up from 1.2s in theatrical cut)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yestermoment posted:

So I got around to finally watching BvS (read: watched the fight scenes on youtube).

Question:

So when Wonderwoman slices off Doomsday's hand, a big pointy rock grows in it's place. What if, like, they just did that for all his other limbs so that he couldn't get anywhere???

it'd eventually grow back into a rocky shingly hand if he didn't die like a big dumb idiot first. i think you could lop his head off and it'd just grow back pointier

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oooooooooooh

woooooooo

WEEE you goodlookin:grin:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

many johnnys posted:

the super powered one who landed in a pod on earth as a baby and was raised in the sticks after his planet blew up

the one who calls on the power of the sun when things get tough?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mozi posted:

i just realized

the real joker...

is the global capitalist system

~!%DaMaGeD%!~

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Justin Tyme posted:

yeah of all things to nitpick at least it serves a purpose in the context of the scene

I like the idea that Bruce Wayne tests the superfriends when he meets them by seeing if he can kill them with batarangs.

lmao

"Who are those other costume racks for?"

"uh....they didnt catch the thing."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

the bigger problem with the killing joke is that they didn't make it in the visual style of the comic.

it looks wayyyyyyy worse than the usual DC stuff. The animated movies are usually well stylized but kinda janky with the animation - just a limitation of the budget. KJ doesn't even look good in stills.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Young Freud posted:

If anything, Zack Snyder is more like Rocky Morton, who was briefly a big name in the '80s and '90s, because of his unique look coming off Max Headroom. He then mishandled a licensed property and ended up going to Hollywood Jail.

I'll let you guess what property that is.

lmao 1993 - DEADZONE -2004

that IMDB is brutal

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fonzarelli posted:

there's a lot about suicide squad that i find strange, but i think the fact that Will Smith is still actually in it is the craziest thing

Tom Hardy was clever to escape this mess of 12 characters

Wasn't he actually super mad about it? Ranting about how he could be making more money on a super hero movie while they were taking forever to shoot The Revenant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

In that case I shall leave this trailer of awesome right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jBRFNAXr8

TO THE CROSSWALK!

How is DC capable of delivering this quality, but also responsible for the abortion of The Killing Joke? The art in TKJ is hoooorrible

• Locked thread