Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GeneX posted:

Why is doomsday in this movie

Why are they not instead just flat-out stealing the death of superman storyline and making it a live action movie

probably because it loving sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

hahaha fuuuuuuuck

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

angry nerds seem to have moved from "MOVIE CRITICS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC JUST DON'T GET IT!!" to "IT'S JUST TOO GROWN UP AND ADULT FOR THEM WHICH IS GOOD BECAUSE COMICS ARE FOR ADULTS LIKE ME AND NEVER CHILDREN!!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Testikles posted:

My girlfriend at the time wanted to see that movie and while this wasn't the reason why we broke up, it was a very good indication something was wrong. I thought the movie was garbage and she was moved to tears because of what a powerful message it sent.

what message was that?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

DC fanboys are still defending the film on my facebook, I thought about why the discussion seemed so familiar until it hit me

BvS is DCs version of Star Wars Episode 1, the fanboy behavior is almost exactly the same

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Otisburg posted:

pack it up guys its a conspiracy to make us think that this film is actually bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDOQdur9CnQ

E: listening to this i keep expecting her to tie this back into her morgellions and chemtrails

those are some top tier crazy eyes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

at least the dc fanboy defense has shifted from "it's actually good shut up shut up shut up" to "well it wasn't that bad!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

i feel real bad for anyone that has to hang out with the joker and endure jared leto's method acting

i heard jared leto would fart into jars and then mail the jars to nuns

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

batman begins was boring as gently caress though it did contain an amazing scene where bruce wayne single handedly destroys a vaunted and ancient order of super assassins by throwing a torch in the corner

seriously that had to be the most flammable lair in all of fiction

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tiberius Christ posted:

everyone one should read the threads on CineD it's a fabulous meltdown

edit:
lol somebody mad

holy poo poo ahahaha

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

poisonpill posted:

I was going to say "How can Snyder be an Objectivist when Superman continually brings up his class-consciousness in this movie?" and then I remembered that, in BvS, Superman is a dumb idiot who is stupid and whose heroics are filmed like horror scenes.

i love how snyder's superman is an objectivist ubermensch

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

welp

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Well Ant-Man sucking is entirely Perlmutter's fault, since he made every effort to making sure Edgar Wright, a Good Director And Writer And Funny Guy, didn't get the film of his favorite Marvel character made, leaving Competent But Not Funny Director Adam McKay to helm the project

Avengers 2 pretty much fell victim to Bridge Episode Syndrome, i.e. it had to incorporate the events of 1 while setting up the events for Civil War and 3. Props to Whedon for pulling it off even adequately.

I liked Ant-Man and am glad Wright got waved off since he's made some seriously poo poo movies (mostly Scott Pilgrim and Paul)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDsw86ATrQ0

how long can u last

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

somebody was asking if cineD was quoting zizek yet

quote:

The metaphor of the armor in both movies(Zod/Batman) nicely gets to the heart of this as well. With Zod it was something he removes by himself, to embrace his 'transcendence', the visual execution nails this really well for both of them. For Batman it's to avoid engaging with the existential crisis created by the rule of "No Killing", his branding being the manifestation of this bizarre internalised ritual. His armor being torn/damaged in a battle with Superman nicely illustrates coming to terms with these "rules" in the face of radical christian love.

"Although "Western Buddhism" presents itself as the remedy against the stressful tension of the capitalist dynamics, allowing us to uncouple and retain the inner peace and Gelassenheit, it actually functions as its perfect ideological supplement. One should mention here the well-known topic of the "future schock," i.e. of how, today, people are no longer psychologically able to cope with the dazzling rhythm of the technological development and the social changes that accompany it - things simply move too fast, before one can accustom oneself to an invention, this invention is already supplanted by a new one, so that one more and more lacks the most elementary "cognitive mapping."" -Zizek

Which all comes back to the major themes of these movies, the alien invasion overtones in MoS and the metahuman stuff in BvS. Accompanied by all the apocalyptic imagery of huge hurricanes, oil rigs burning, skyscrapers/cities collapsing etc. Nicely illustrating the tension between Batman and Lex's psychosis within the movie, the bell has been rung for the times they are a-changin.

the answer is yes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

I heard they are going to use the story from injustice for the next movies. Like what DC? You use a video game plot before the comics?

I guess after you blow the best DC stories in a single loving movie you have to do what ever you can.

Time Warner/DC don't give a poo poo about their comics division and have actively said they only keep publishing them for "45 year old nerds"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

big black turnout posted:

Why do all Hollywood movie monsters look the same now? Doomsday could've been an orc in lotr or killer croc in the upcoming suicide squad movie without looking out of place...

snyder's a hack

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

courtesy of my 17 year old cousin on Facebook

he subtitled it with "the bias is real" lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just can't get over how loving bad the Star Wars thread is/has been. It is impossible to actually discuss TFA or the new trailer for Rogue One without a "actually the Prequels were good" tangent.

the prequels were poo poo but so was tfa. the only ones worth watching are the unedited originals and Lucas made sure to destroy them lol.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

hachi machi *fans self*

force awakens was quite to very good. sorry about your also severely broken brain.

sorry but if you're not already a star wars fan then it was super contrived and boring. so many pointless terrible scenes (squid-monster fight, poo poo villains, space battle with like 5 ships lol)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah. i know a bunch of people that got dragged to see it and never saw the originals and enjoyed it. the "space battle with 5 ships" was mostly a background for character drama on the ground and the squid monster fight was to get them on the falcon and abandon the big freighter.

:lol: sure thing slugger, and how many people have you told irl "it's the greatest star wars since empire!!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

The must-see movie of 2016.

god bless america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcH3TBBKhZ0

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Otisburg posted:

tbh it's not the fun kind of bad like a manic nick cage movie or even like a transformers or a fast and furious. it's just you know exhausting to watch in a really dismal way

don't worry the 3.5 hour long directors cut is right around the corner!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

big black turnout posted:

It's bad on basically every conceivable level

wow can't believe you're literally saying that only fun marvelmovies are good and deliberately ignoring everything good in bvs

just...wow

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hmmmmm

old...

buff...

german...

Oh poo poo Magneto

i never knew i needed this in my life till now

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol I just read the synopsis on wikipedia and jesus christ Mark Millar is terrible.

Get this, apparently boom boom boom got a detail wrong. He didn't inseminate the hero's daughter with his sperm, he inseminated her with the hero's son's sperm so it would be an incest baby.

say what you want but if that was the synopsis for BvS i probably would have payed to watch it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

But we already got a cool adult Wacky Races. It was called RedLine.

Fury Road too

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

mark millar lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

[running makeup and snotty face]

LEAVE BATMAN V SUPERMAN ALONE

what the gently caress is wrong with these people

thathonkey posted:

i have very little interest in comic book movies but civil war looks pretty good :shrug: i enjoyed the last standalone captain america movie fwiw. haven't seen ultron.

I saw ultron drunk with friends and had a lot of fun, haven't seen it sober and don't really see a reason to so :shrug:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

many johnnys posted:

It ends with a video game fight where everybody is slinging puns around, and jeremy renner has a scene where he explains that the movie is dumb and makes no sense, which doesn't absolve it of being dumb and making no sense

sorry you didn't like it i guess? like i said i had fun with friends so w/e

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is that Grace Randolph? BvS has made her completely, literally insane.

holy poo poo you weren't kidding :stonkhat:

https://twitter.com/gracerandolph

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

many johnnys posted:

oops I misread you, my bad

we good homie, if only because i love your name + av

at the end she compares BvS's "intellectualness" and "visuals" to Stanley Kubrick and The "loving" Shining lmaoooooooo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

So at this point they've barely broken even, roughly, based on how ticket sales and the studio's cut are figured over time, right? Stunning performance! We didn't lose money! They would have to net (with an ever decreasing cut) at least another 400 million for the studio to pay for the next film up front. That doesn't sound like a wild success, but I also don't know how much profit margin a movie itself has anyway. I'm sure merchandise sales will soften the landing quite a bit.

It's hard to say exactly but the advertising budget must've been loving gargantuan for all the screentime WB bought, gonna eat into those profit margins fairly substantially.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

how much does it cost to get Superman on Dr. Pepper cans?

I dunno but I'm gonna go ahead and guess "more than is sane or reasonable"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Nirvikalpa posted:

The problem with Snyder's Superman is that he's neither heroic nor likeable, maybe except in the scene with Lois in the bathtub. But Adam's Lois is so unremarkable as a character it doesn't really help. Like a lot of people have said, Superman treats saving people like a chore, and his motivations or reactions aren't really explored, so it just seems like he hates helping people. I cannot imagine anyone watching the movie being sad when Superman died.

Honestly, the people who say critics disliked the movie simply because it was too dark make me irrationally angry. I loved the Dark Knight and Days of Future Past, and those got great reviews too. I think a lot of this movie's fans don't realize the purpose of movies besides dropping vague references and "awesome" action scenes. Except there was barely any action in this movie.

the actions of snyder's ubermensch make a lot more sense when you remember that his favorite book is The Fountainhead

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LGD posted:

Ya'll gonna be looking real foolish when Leto redefines the Joker for a new generation with his superlative performance

Also maybe the Leto jizz made his castmates better or something, idk

I can't even keep the pretense up for a whole post

it was a valiant effort, personally I just wish I had a time machine so I could see how CD rationalizes that Leto is the greatest villain performance of all time (if the movie is bad) or that he's the shittiest Joker in history (if the movie is good)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

that is a lot of butthurt fanboys

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

why doesn't batman just paint Joker black so the cops kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Judakel posted:

Because they are trying to build Gal into a star.

this has always struck me as hilarious since she's an avowed zionist who's already managed to piss off folks as a barely-famous star. it's only a matter of time before she says something too stupid to hand wave away.

• Locked thread