Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

AMERICA: How nuch mpreg is in this film? How big do these fuckers get?
ZACK SNYDER: Well uhh umm...
AMERICA: I ASKED YOU A QUESTION IDIOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I actually really like of what Zach Snyder does, even if not all of his movies totally work. He has personality and vision. Man of Steel had a few okay ideas under the surface, but they were not developed well. I liked the general idea of Clark Kent being a pathological construction. I really liked the idea of Zod being...sort of right? At least, to the extent that his loyalty is to Krypton and nothing else. So then Superman is making a different sort of choice when he kills Zod: he is deciding that it is wrong to destroy Earth in order to save Krypton. His loyalties are his own. His moral compass is broader. He is creating his own identity, and defining his own responsibilities.

All decent ideas, but the movie overall was noooooooooot good, Michael Shannon excepted. Besides, Superman's universe is not slate-gray and ultraserious. Superman loves life and he loves his merry Metropolis. We should feel that with him.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

A sequel named Given about pozzing neg assholes

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

badjohny posted:

That and Zod has a ship that can jump to any planet he wants, has a terraforming machine that can make a planet into krypton. All Clark had to do was give him some blood (they even say he does not have to be alive to give them to codex, implying that he very well could be alive and give them what they need).

All clark had to do was tell Zod, go terraform mars and every month or so use your space ship and come back to earth and get more blood for your baby making machine. Everyone wins and zod gets to remake krypton except they all are super powered gods.

I agree with this. The movie leaves that plot/theme hole wide open. For one thing, there is no real conflict if a relatively obvious compromise is in. Superman looks like a dumbass for not bringing it up himself.

I like the general idea of Superman being forced to choose Earth over NuKrypton. I like the general idea of Zod honestly seeing himself as the good guy, and Michael Shannon acts the poo poo out of that idea. However, the movie does not execute those ideas well at all. The story itself is a failure.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I liked that Owls of Ga'Hoole movie.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

gently caress Zack Snyder for not making the ultimate villain an ubergrimdark Mr. Mxyptlk, voiced by Wallace Shawn, with weird Clutch Cargo lips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Dawn of the Dead > Sucker Punch > Watchmen > Owls of Ga'hoole > 300 > Man of Steel

Haven't seen BvS yet.

Sucker Punch is a mess, but least it's an interesting mess.

• Locked thread