Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
does batman really kill people in this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Is this a problem? He's killed people in every other movie he's in except maybe Batman 66.

yeah its like one of the core tenants of batmans character and stuff

just because other movies do it doesnt make it right

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
waiting for the grim, depressing Booster Gold film now where he kills himself at the end for failing to find fame and fortune

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so in the movie does superman literally cry for his mommy in the middle of his fight with batman or what

cuz everything ive heard about this movie so far sounds hilarious

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zzulu posted:

is killing criminals ok?

if the government says you can then yes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Where I live it's always second run even on the first run.

do you live in the future

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

The bathtub scene was as close to nudity as you could get without doing it.

Do they take a bath fully clothed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

JediTalentAgent posted:

Clark does, dirty boots and all, but Lois had some murky, slimey, soapy water in there to cover her dirty pillows.

The biggest crime of this movie imo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Ah yes, that well known group of people that hates Batman: comic book nerds.

this but unironically

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Anyone else notice at one point Bruce had some random chick passed out in his bed?

That was Lois Lane

Now you have the real motivation for them to fight

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how could you enjoy this superman

he's a boring dick that spends most of the movie standing around brooding

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
yeah but he can listen for Lois Lane being pushed off a building hundreds of miles away with no problems?

also the movie never actually explores this at all?

something tells me this Zack Snyder character isnt a very good filmmaker

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Madcosby posted:

I just s that he gives up his vigilantie thing.

I laughed hard at this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
why is lois lane the key

who gives a gently caress about lois lane

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
when aquaman masturbates everyone has to breathe in his jizz

its one of the perks of being the king of the sea

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
make an aquaman movie where all the dialogue is just "blurblurbblurlbbubl" because they're talking underwater

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Batman: Worlds Greatest Detective gets played like a fiddle for months by Mark Zuckerberg

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gatts posted:

Batman vs Superman is a much better movie than Civil War and yet I can watch Civil War 3 times and still be entertained cause it's light and enjoyable.

I like both.

How on earth can anyone have this opinion

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Otisburg posted:

I think there was an interview with Snyder where he said Superman was a ridiculous idea and it got worse if you let him say a lot of words. Which explains why the film is the way it is, but not why Zack Snyder was the guy to direct a Super Man film.

Superman as a Clint Eastwood character would be interesting to see but of course Zach Snyder found a way to gently caress it up

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've still got some alcohol left before I move should I torrent bvs tonight y/n?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Here's a question about the extended edition: does it add in any scenes of superman saving people or doing anything remotely heroic

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pitdragon posted:

i'm not sure if it was in the theatrical release but in the extended edition there is a brief montage of superman doing heroic stuff, he saves some astronauts and some other forgettable things after he saves the one girl from a fire in mexico

nah that was in the original

seems like the director's cut was just to add in a few scenes to fix some minor nitpicks and plot holes, instead of all the major problems with the movie

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Moridin920 posted:

They should do a movie where the super villain's plan is to inject as many people with super soldier serum as possible and usher in a new age of equality and peace

that's The Incredibles

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am so happy no one bothered to answer you so I get to be the one to say yes, and those are some pretty cool comics. As long as you understand he's a delusional rear end in a top hat and not actually a "hero."

The Question in the more recent comics is a different person tho right?

And yeah Question's only gadget is a mask that changes his hair color so nobody can figure out his secret identity

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so hulk rapes people and then he eats them so he ends up eating his own super jizz, nice

when's the Zach Snyder adaptation coming out

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bro Dad posted:

Behold, the CineD version of a sick burn:

the second picture is supposed to be a dig at marvel. yes, seriously.

what am I even looking at here

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Don Tacorleone posted:

Comic books are such poo poo

what are you talking about that ruled

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cowman posted:

I'm assuming he's going for the "unintended consequences" and "every action has a reaction" poo poo.

saving that bus full of kids? turns out they're all gonna grow up to be rapists now, how do you feel about that CLARK!?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Moridin920 posted:

which one was the one where superman flew a giant kryptonite meteor into the sun?

because imo I felt like "wow you took Superman who can pretty much do anything and somehow still managed to break my suspension of disbelief with what he does in the finale"

I think Kevin Spacey was LL who I felt pretty bad for because he was the only good actor in that movie and he managed to land a meteorite kryptonite on Superman and somehow still lost. I felt like he was bamboozled lol.

That was Superman Returns and it was cool because superman got his rear end kicked by Kumar

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

no loving way ahahahaha

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blizzy_Cow posted:

My main question is this: Will they ever introduce pink kryptonite and make Superman gay?

Zach Snyder monkeys paw activates: Superman is now lynched by an angry mob of rednecks using a kryptonite rope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Saw this movie on a flight recently, it's just as bad as the thread made it out to be. Half the movie could have been cut out and it would have been the same, and why they decided not to show Batman assaulting lexcorp to steal the kryptonite is beyond me

Jesse Eisenberg wasn't bad tho, I thought he gave a pretty good performance with the material he was given

• Locked thread