Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

do comic books constantly harp on how superheroes are effectively gods and need to use their powers for good

because if i have to endure another superhero movie where the heroes have a long, shallow discussion about "responsibility," i think i am going to scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

also, how many times do i need to see peter parker get bitten by a spider

or see batman's parents die

or see jor-el send his son off in a rocket

i've never seen a comic book, but i think i, and the rest of the american public, have a pretty good sense of why these heroes exist.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i tried looking at the CineD thread on this movie and holy moly are there a lot of people trying to convince themselves that the movie is great and the critics are wrong

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

colour scheme in your typical zack snyder movie:

1. black
2. dark grey
3. fire

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

superman: can punch through walls. fly.
batman: can buy several national media outlets and set the tone of american discourse for a generation. can force clark kent to write stories about the superman "menace" by threatening the daily planet's budget.

Trast posted:

DC has a series now where the Justice League are literally gods. Batman sits on a super encyclopedia chair and knows all crime before it happens. Though this has led to him flying around on said chair and punching people from the sitting position which is honestly kind of funny.

this sounds really dumb, but also really funny.

maybe comic books aren't always terrible.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gorilla Salad posted:

So apparently Suicide Squad is going back and reshooting a tonne of scenes with added "character interaction and humour" because every single funny moment in the movie was in the trailer.

i feel real bad for anyone that has to hang out with the joker and endure jared leto's method acting

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/suicide-squad-joker-jared-leto-new-photo-1201626491/

quote:

“There was definitely a period of … detachment,” Leto said, according to ComicBookMovie.com, about his method acting, which involved staying in character around his costars. “I took a pretty deep dive. But this was a unique opportunity and I couldn’t imagine doing it another way. It was fun, playing those psychological games. But at the same time, it was very painful, like giving birth out of my prick hole.”

Leto even pranked his castmates, including Jim Parrack, who plays his henchman, Jonny Frost.

“I was just thinking that the Joker would probably just say, ‘F— you,’ and hang up,” said Leto, who called Parrack with orders to spray paint roses and fill a backpack with nails.

He also sent Margot Robbie, who plays Harley Quinn, a dead rat and had bullets delivered to Will Smith (Deadshot). “Not a single word exchanged off-camera. He was all in on the Joker,” Smith said about Leto’s commitment to the role in a recent interview.

hilarious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

for real though: method actors are awful and lee strasberg better hope that i never get my hands on a time machine

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Laderhan posted:

I dare anyone to find a worse movie discussion forum than CD.

I tried to read like 2 pages of that thread and almost had a brain aneurysm.

the thread for kingsman was pretty bad

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

How many 80,000 word posts were made about anal sex that referenced Zizek, Fritz Lang, or Martin Heidegger?

[The fact that the posts clearly reflect that they weren't watching the same movie as the one they're talking about is a given]

ok, you win

it wasnt that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Spiderman: Sadie Hawkins

Peter Parker gets double owned when Gwen Stacy asks MJ to the dance.

i think this is the plot of an archie comic

• Locked thread