Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spud posted:

I am not a big comic book fan, but I never understood this one:

Batman: Normal dude who is just super rich, pretty smart, and works out a lot.

Superman: Is an alien that can fly, lift up a truck, immune to bullets, can fire lasers from his eyes

How can batman ever win?

Laser eye is such a dumbass design. Why would an alien specie evolve such a specific feature?

If Superman's eyes can kill, his jizz would have killed Lois Lane many times over. I hope Superman experiment his penis on a cheap whore first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ScrubLeague posted:

News flash Batman has always sucked and somehow Chris Nolan made 3 good movies about him and also Rises.

It was one decent movie, one great movie which was really a Joker movie, one crap. Nolan managed to make Marion Cotillard pull off the worse performance of her career. Nolan is an asexual nerd.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiberius Christ posted:

there is only one good batman(1989)

the rest are terrible except maybe the adam west one

The only good Batman movie is Lego Batman Movie (2017).

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let me get this straight, Batman is basically Vegeta because he is a loving super warrior alien from a dead planet; Wonder Woman is basically Android 18 because she is stronger warrior from earth. That leaves Batman as Kuririn because he is human and he suck at fighting; Alfred is Bulma, he is a sexy tech wizard in this iteration and has to keep inventing poo poo to keep Batman alive.

So who is Goku?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Human Trash is Kevin Smith.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm laughing at people waiting for an extended cut of BvS that will somehow fix things. A ruthless editor with that extra footage a a goal of a running time of no more than 105 minutes MIGHT be able to wizard a satisfying film from that garbage heap. Adding more poo poo is just making the problem worse.

They would have to overdub Lex name to Joker too.

It probably can work if it's a Batman movie with Superman getting as little screen time as Wonder Woman.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Y'know what this interpretation actually makes the film better. It's a blistering pastiche of DC's primary archetypes. The only beings able to stand on par with Superman are rich and powerful. Lex Luthor even makes him kneel. In the end, God kills himself and leaves the world to men and super women to inherit. In order to save the world, you must have material wealth.

Wow. I...need to have a walk.

Can you do one for Sucker Punch?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

G-III posted:

TBF, the movie that beat BvS at the Chinese box office looks 1000x more fun to watch than the uber dour BvS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzLI4pZH5o

It's not like people in China can't tell a good movie from a bad one.

The Chinese title is "Spy Grandpa", why did they call it "The Bodyguard" in English. So lame.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Immortan posted:

Zach Snyder wants to make adaptations of Ayn Rand novels? :laffo:

Every director wants to make his "Pearl Harbor".

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

[gunman shooting up a kindergarten class, Superman crashes through school ceiling and stands in the way of the shooter]
*Cindy's brains splash her 21 year old teacher in the face as she tries to hide the children behind her as a human shield*

In slow-mo and furious guitar riffs.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nckdictator posted:

Aw hell, you're right.

Whoa this is real? Is there an online comic site you can read these clickbait comics for a fee?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nckdictator posted:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php has a bunch of terrible Golden Age stuff for free since most of that's in the public domain. For somewhat obvious reasons there's no way in hell DC is letting scans of it's older comics go up online, which is a shame since most haven't been reprinted.

Thanks. And which series is the cheesy rear end superman comic? I don't see "Action Comic" in there.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What Captain America and Ironman disagree on in the new movie is the Surveillance State argument. It's a more interesting and relevant topic. It was touched on in Winter Soldier and blow up in Civil War..

I still don't know what Batman and Superman were fighting for, Martha I guess?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Well Ant-Man sucking is entirely Perlmutter's fault, since he made every effort to making sure Edgar Wright, a Good Director And Writer And Funny Guy, didn't get the film of his favorite Marvel character made, leaving Competent But Not Funny Director Adam McKay to helm the project

Avengers 2 pretty much fell victim to Bridge Episode Syndrome, i.e. it had to incorporate the events of 1 while setting up the events for Civil War and 3. Props to Whedon for pulling it off even adequately.

Ant Man is still better than The World's End so Edgar Wright can suck it.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thathonkey posted:

Superman and batman are the worst superheroes there i said it. A lot of people rightfully acknowledge superman is poo poo but batman is really bad too. Dark knight fuckin sucked btw.

I watched Batman Begins again last week. I was reminded of why I didn't care for it. Putting the evil ninjas on top of the Tibetan village was very distracting. I wish they had invented some made up costumes for the setting.

Tom Cruise's wife had some good lines, particularly the scene when she slapped him, but she couldn't pull it off. Nolan can't direct actress worth a drat.

I am more impressed by how many big name supporting actors Nolan got on board than anything else.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't know anything about Wonder Woman besides this movie and google image. I still think she is a worse design than Superman. I think Zack Snyder intentionally cast a flat chested woman to make WWr more "contemporary", except he cast a supermodel who can't speak English.

Having a bunch of overpowered and very boring superheroes is why DC can't make decent comic book movie except Batman.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Say Nothing posted:

Jame Cameron plans to make a Battle Angel Alita movie, so we'll get to see this.

So Battle Angel is a Saddam Biography.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do any of you get bothered by the fact that some of Suicide Squad settings are so "realistic"?

I mean those military dudes and helicopter make me feel like I am watching a Michael Bay/CoD trailer. Can't they just design some more fantasy looking? They are all loving CGI.

I hope they don't talk about Arabic terrorist in SS.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

One thing struck me this morning- little girls probably aren't going to be able to see Wonder Woman. Like, I don't know if it will be as big a mess as Snyder's made Superman, but it certainly seems to be planning on dipping in to a dark tone w/ it being set in WW1 of all things.

Wonder Woman was the unsung heroes who brought the poison gas helmets to the Frenchies in the Battle of Somme.

Well Battle of Somme with dragons and mechanical Samurais because..Snyda!

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 12, 2016

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lex read the script. That explains why he bombed congress and knew Superman wouldn't stop it, it's why he knew Superman wouldn't use his super powers to defeat 6 inept guards, and how he knew his monster wouldn't destroy the planet.

This also explains why he knew he was the villain and forewent any motivation and just showed up to make villainy happen so they could hurriedly get to the next setpiece.

Except the draft he read hadn't changed his name from Joker to Lex yet.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have a feeling DC suits don't actually read any comic and surround themselves with dumb rear end fanboys like Smith and Snyder.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One of the main causes of WWI was that the German Kaiser became too ambitious and wanted to build up the navy to contest with British empire's oversea colonial markets.

Rapid raising of a regional superpower is the most unstable state in geopolitics, usually it results in major warfare and reestablishment of new world order.

Causes of WWII was WWI and the idiotic Treaty of Versailles.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The force of the blast and the direction of the blast's wave would have blown the piss onto Senator Patrick Leahy (D), a staple of the Batman movies and Bernie Sanders' senior fellow senator from Vermont.

Once again demonstrating Snyder's libertarian wank.

Although, really, the people who got the most piss on them were the people who didn't pirate this trash.

I asked my friend take some portrait shots for my photography porfolio. He made me buy BvS tickets for him, in a Time Square theater. I ended up paying like 40 plus dollars to watch 2D Batman v Superman.

naem posted:

China wants to start wwIII over fish

What's what Kissinger said in "On China". But China is not raising power though, it's returning to its former power.

Plus China is completely on board the USD/globalization scam with the US.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 14, 2016

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Since I'm actually not all that versed in film history, it blew my mind a few years ago when someone said (probably a RLM review) that back in the 70s and 80s people thought Spielberg was ruining films. I'd like to get a time machine and bring those people to today.

I think the highest grossing blockbusters starting in the 80s has been spending increasingly more emphasis on special effect, and it's getting to the point that the "tentpole" movies are nothing but special effects, that can pass censor in China. People want to find someone to blame and they just point to the highest grossing directors in the late 70s and 80s.

And the special effect transitioned from analog to (worse) digital special effect in the last 40 years. You can definitely blame Lucas for it.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moon Atari posted:

The usual approach to adapting Millar comics is to turn them into something almost entirely different. The guy's entire creative output is try-hard edgy takes on popular comic concepts, then they get adapted into movies by making them less edgy and more like the things they were based on. I don't know why they bother though, because sanding the edge off something that has nothing to it but edge results in movies that have almost nothing to do with the comics they are supposedly adaptations of.

Since you read Mark Millar comic. Are the anal joke and the church scene the only two things the movie kept from the Kingsman comic?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xenomrph posted:

While this is true, I do wish we'd get a solo Black Widow movie with Black Widow doing clandestine spy/assassination poo poo.

Scarjo is already collecting 20 mil per Marvel movie by just showing up. Why bother. She has other Lec Besson movie she can poo poo on.

I am very bitter that we have an emoji movie coming and we still don't get a Neuromancer movie.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

Mrs. Marvel is big right now, but they aren't gonna make a big budget movie about a Muslim superhero. Most of the other big name Marvel women are in the X-Men

I wonder, who the gently caress has the rights to make a Gwenpool movie?

The only Marvel heroine people care about is Squirrel Girl.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mystique, maybe? More that someone could probably make it work since people would probably go see Jennifer Lawrence?

But yeah- at a time where studios are starting to realize female action/nerd leads aren't a death sentence for your films, DC had an easy lay-up in making Wonder Woman a front-runner in that area...but at this rate I really doubt they're going to do themselves any favors.

There is no way Wonder Women doesn't suck. It has Carwoman 2 written all over it.

I hope it includes a basketball scene.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Frankenstyle posted:

No. There is no goddamn way anyone said that's a good show. I didn't even really dislike the first Thor movie, and found Jessica Jones unwatchable.

*Well it was okay up to episode seven, which I'm guessing is when the writers had their "Bring your kids to work day", and let them spend an hour knocking out the scripts for the rest of the season.

The 2nd half of Jessica Jones is so unwatchable you have to skip watch it.

They are like the Tera scenes in True Blood.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zzulu posted:

The 2nd half was the only worthwile part of that show, once the villain got mote screentime

Thefirst half sssucked

You mean it's ok for the heroine to catch the villain but not kill him because she is hosed up in her head, so the purple guy can casually kill more bystanders every episode? That poo poo annoyed me so much.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 15, 2016

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The "B plot" is Jessica Jones' broken door.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Making Van Der Beek's failed career as B plot would have been so much better.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tezzor posted:

why not just cast Gina Carano? i watched the better and vastly more successful film Deadpool wait why did i bold that, anyway i watched the film Deadpool gently caress, knock it off, i watched...a recent film with Gina Carano in it, and she had the same range and a better command of english

Have you seen sicker punch? Carano is not a Snyder type.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I heard the new Shieldman movie is good, but I am sick and tired of tentpole superhero movies I don't want to send them more money.

I plan to buy a ticket of a non-superhero movie and sneak in to a Shieldman showing. What is the polar opposite of a superhero movies.?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

many johnnys posted:

Getting laid

Alright will bring wife with me.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Judakel posted:

Watch out cined thinks this is theft. Drooling retards

I don't care what cined think, but I will be careful if this is not ok in GBS. I got banned in GAF for calling Battleangel Alita fans retards so I don't want to lost all my venues to poo poo on nerd movies.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Somebody care to show me a more tryhard human being in the history?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

He was also loving terrible in that movie, but in their infinite wisdom, the 900 year old white guys that run the Academy were like "giving a tranny movie an award will look progressive" so he got the award, meanwhile every trans person is like uh, wtf, seriously?

The acting category is voted by the actors. So the whole Hollywood is guilty of keep voting tranny, ho and cripple roles to win Oscar. My favorite is Charlize Theron won for being a super ugly ho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One thing that keep bothering me is how Batman branding a dude with the bat logo will get him killed in prison [cue Synder prison rape joke here] Seriously, who does that for a loving vigilante? Either you are loving Stringer "String" Bell or loving Mama from Dredd, nobody would kill anybody for you for free.

many johnnys posted:

I'm the print newspaper that considers the college football a bigger deal than a masked vigilante running amok, beating people up and torturing them and burning poo poo into their skin.

I'll say this, he knows his audience.

Well Metropolis is in Texas. People take their high school football seriously.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 5, 2016

• Locked thread