Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

is this an actual quote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i tried watching jessica jones based on the recommendation of a friend and i thought was really stupid and boring, also i felt that they added in a lot of "mature" themes so that idiot manchildren would feel like they are watching "mature" entertainment for grownups

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
am i the only one here who really hopes that zack snyder gets to direct the fountainhead, and then it flops horribly and crushes all his hopes and dreams?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It'd be pretty dece if Superman gave the Agent Smith 'Parasites' speech from The Matrix.

they should just make superman a disaffected nerd and have him brutally kill everyone who makes him feel inferior and then get to have sex with a hot woman in the end

a power fantasy to really cater to their main demographic

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Zzulu posted:

What if everything matters and death is just a door to something else entirely :chanpop:

what if it dying leads us all to a dimension made of legos, and the lego king banishes anyone who never completed a lego set to the megablok pit???

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Cowman posted:

The animation is really really bad :lol:

wow it is seriously choppy

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i watched the extended edition and it was bad and it gave me a headache. also whatever filter they shot the whole movie in was terrible, and the slow motion "high art" scenes with opera singing were ridiculously stupid. whole movie took itself way too seriously

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Bape Culture posted:

So this darkside bloke. He's real and that's like a phone call or summat?
In the film I thought Jesse was projecting him and trying to turn himself into Satan through the magic goop. I like comic book films tbh and even I found this one daft.

he was learning about the impending invasion of earth at the hands of aliens (maybe). if you'll recall his primary motivation in the movie (besides "i hate my father, and god!") was that he felt the earth needed to be able to defend itself from aliens with its own weapons and technologies as opposed to trusting our security to a superpowered alien that happens to look identical to a human and is impossible to hold to account for his actions due to his superpowers

lex luthor did nothing wrong

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Pvt.Scott posted:

If anything, Lex and Bats were doing mankind a solid until Bats' mental illness kicked in and he spazzed out about Martha. Not sure what the "release a giant fuckoff monster" contingency plan was all about on Lex's end though.

there was actually a big button in the ship that could automatically exterminate any giant fuckoff monsters that the ship created that lex intended to use once superman had been eradicated, but it was cut. the scene featuring it will be included in the extended revised remastered directors special edition cut

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

CharlestonJew posted:

Here's a question about the extended edition: does it add in any scenes of superman saving people or doing anything remotely heroic

i'm not sure if it was in the theatrical release but in the extended edition there is a brief montage of superman doing heroic stuff, he saves some astronauts and some other forgettable things after he saves the one girl from a fire in mexico

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
The Rock was pretty good

possibly nick cages best film

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

gently caress the ROW posted:

i watched the animated joker killing joke but joker doesn't die and in fact almost no one is killed. Chargeback time

i thought batman strangled the joker at the end

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

gently caress the ROW posted:

They both laugh at a joke instead

but then batman grabs joker by the lapel while they are laughing and the camera pans down so you can only see their feet and suddenly the joker stops laughing while batman just keeps on laughing. i took it as implying that batman was strangling the joker to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
thing prequel sucked because it did that thing where the writing is written in a certain way to lead you to certain conclusions and then SURPRISE! it's actually the OPPOSITE of what you were thinking was about to happen! but then what happens doesn't make any sense given what you've been seeing and is just a piss poor excuse for the writers to "subvert your expectations!"

that helicopter scene is a prime example.

• Locked thread